ImageImageImageImageImage

GT #82: 6 Barneys vs South Bch Lukewarms 1pm EST SN1

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

PushDaRock
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,411

Re: GT #82: 6 Barneys vs South Bch Lukewarms 1pm EST SN1 

Post#141 » by PushDaRock » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:27 pm

ash_k wrote:I feel it for the McDaniels and Nworas..Before joining Darko, they had proven they could contribute in NBA. While as Raptors, they have looked like they do not belong in the big league. Hence I cant use this season to judge the McDaniels, Nworas....This coach had Boucher glued to the bench like he was sometype of scrub!!

Meanwhile Scottie and RJ took massive leaps under Darko, IQ improved his playmaking drastically and Gradey ended up having a very solid rookie year. Would you rather him prioritize our scrubs or players that will be part of the future?
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,477

Post#142 » by Scase » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:31 pm

Ackshun wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
Scase wrote:Expand on that? Who said what?

This team needs Poeltl AND a Center prospect next year. Olynyk should be the teams back PF and 3rd C, which he has been for 90% of his career.

Maybe Masai got some people thinking that you only need 1 good player at each position but that's definitely not the case unless that player is a superstar. There's a reason why this team went from bad to complete crap after the Poeltl injury.

Ok fair. We are +9 with him this year.

I was assuming we take another year to retool and figured playing time and assets from a Poetl trade would be more useful in the long run. But maybe we go for it next year.

Im on board with this, but I have zero faith we intentionally have another down year, I fully expect some crap off season to try and push for play in/8th seed.
Props TZ!
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,219

Post#143 » by Tor_Raps » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:32 pm

Ackshun wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
Scase wrote:Expand on that? Who said what?

This team needs Poeltl AND a Center prospect next year. Olynyk should be the teams back PF and 3rd C, which he has been for 90% of his career.

Maybe Masai got some people thinking that you only need 1 good player at each position but that's definitely not the case unless that player is a superstar. There's a reason why this team went from bad to complete crap after the Poeltl injury.

I was assuming we take another year to retool and figured playing time and assets from a Poetl trade would be more useful in the long run. But maybe we go for it next year.

Ya I don't think the team starts next season thinking they will tank but can pivot at the trade deadline if it's a repeat of this year. Depending on what other moves we make and how our current roster develop this offseason, the answer will be clear very early into training camp.
RealGM
And1: 66,551

Post#144 » by 720 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:33 pm

Let’s go, season over. Can’t wait for the lotto. Either way I’m fine. We keep the pick great, we lose it then we can go into 2025 without having the Spurs protection hovering over us.
raps14
Junior
And1: 524

Post#145 » by raps14 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:33 pm

PushDaRock wrote:
ash_k wrote:I feel it for the McDaniels and Nworas..Before joining Darko, they had proven they could contribute in NBA. While as Raptors, they have looked like they do not belong in the big league. Hence I cant use this season to judge the McDaniels, Nworas....This coach had Boucher glued to the bench like he was sometype of scrub!!

Meanwhile Scottie and RJ took massive leaps under Darko, IQ improved his playmaking drastically and Gradey ended up having a very solid rookie year. Would you rather him prioritize our scrubs or players that will be part of the future?

I think it's just fair to say that McDaniels and Nwora just don't fit in with Darko's style. We have seen players either improve by alot or look really terrible in Darko's system.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,804

Post#146 » by Dennis 37 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:33 pm

Watched the game, but felt cheated. After all those games that we had to lose, I was looking forward to a competitive game and possibly a win.

Then RJ and Quickly aren't dressed?
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,804

Re: GT #82: 6 Barneys vs South Bch Lukewarms 

Post#147 » by Dennis 37 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:38 pm

Potential wrote:Sorry my friend but I'll be watching the important games for the playoff seeding scenarios tomorrow instead

I'm an "If the Raptors aren't playing, I'm done." person.

If the Knicks make the finals, I might check in to see OG.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,819

Post#148 » by ash_k » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:40 pm

PushDaRock wrote:

Good coaching is about maximizing the talent of your roster not having it underperform like Darko did.
Darko had the team 12-19 with 2 All-Stars and a DPOY; enough said.

anybody that watched the playoffs last season knew that RJ was always that guy. You don't set an ACC freshman single season record in a school that had Grant HIlls, Jayson Tatums, Brandon Ingrams, with Zion next to you, if you are not that guy.
IQ was 20+pts/40 3P% as a starter in New York. Without FVV, Barnes was going to take another step no matter what as the former ROY.

Gradey underperformed for months until finally he started looking like a lotto pick as the former best high-school player in the nation.
Once I see Darko maximize a roster then I will give him his props; hopefully on another team if Bud is available and ready to come back.

Our new young core is very exciting , thanks to Darko's 12-19 with 2All-stars and a DPOY.
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,836

Post#149 » by Basketball_Jones » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:43 pm

Saw that Tyler Hero pump fake lol
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Childs
RealGM
And1: 26,263

Post#150 » by Childs » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:44 pm

MonkBatter42 wrote:Williams gives me Eric Moreland vibes lol

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Basketball_Jones
RealGM

Post#151 » by Basketball_Jones » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:49 pm

Scase wrote:
Ackshun wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

Im on board with this, but I have zero faith we intentionally have another down year, I fully expect some crap off season to try and push for play in/8th seed.

We are definitely pushing for win now moves offseason. It’s gonna take a miracle though. I can only see us improving over Chicago and Atlanta next season. Everyone else is far ahead in terms of coaching/star talent/bench depth etc. You can’t just leap frog Miami or Philly that easy.

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
raps14
Junior

Post#152 » by raps14 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:52 pm

Childs wrote:
MonkBatter42 wrote:Williams gives me Eric Moreland vibes lol

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I hate this worm Lewenberg
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant

Post#153 » by PushDaRock » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:56 pm

raps14 wrote:
PushDaRock wrote:

I think it's just fair to say that McDaniels and Nwora just don't fit in with Darko's style. We have seen players either improve by alot or look really terrible in Darko's system.

That's basically all there is to it, it was up the players to fit into the play style and not the other way around. Masai wanted unselfish play on the offensive end and that's what he got.
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant

Post#154 » by PushDaRock » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:04 pm

ash_k wrote:
PushDaRock wrote:

Good coaching is about maximizing the talent of your roster not having it underperform like Darko did.

anybody that watched the playoffs last season knew that RJ was always that guy. You don't set an ACC freshman single season record in a school that had Grant HIlls, Jayson Tatums, Brandon Ingrams, with Zion next to you, if you are not that guy.
IQ was 20+pts/40 3P% as a starter in New York. Without FVV, Barnes was going to take another step no matter what as the former ROY.

Gradey underperformed for months until finally he started looking like a lotto pick as the former best high-school player in the nation.
Once I see Darko maximize a roster then I will give him his props; hopefully on another team if Bud is available and ready to come back.

Our new young core is very exciting , thanks to Darko's 12-19 with 2All-stars and a DPOY.

If we were trying to squeeze every last drop out of the roster, we would have never fired Nurse. It was pretty clear we were going to play a certain way and the players would have to adjust to fit into the system and not the other way around. Getting wins was not the priority even at the start of the year.
Scase
RealGM

Post#155 » by Scase » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:10 pm

raps14 wrote:
PushDaRock wrote:

Neither Nwora or McD are good enough players to give them that benefit of the doubt
Props TZ!
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,847

Post#156 » by ArthurVandelay » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:35 pm

raps14 wrote:
PushDaRock wrote:

You need to be smart, willing to give up the ball, and able to shoot to play the way Darko wants to play

I think that explains why Nwora, McDaniels, and Boucher struggled under Darko

That’s a reflection on them, not Darko
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,513
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#157 » by SharoneWright » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:25 pm

720 wrote:Let’s go, season over. Can’t wait for the lotto. Either way I’m fine. We keep the pick great, we lose it then we can go into 2025 without having the Spurs protection hovering over us.

Yeah, true. But it’s all crap. Due to that preposterous trade.
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
Scase
RealGM

Post#158 » by Scase » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:53 pm

ash_k wrote:
PushDaRock wrote:

Ok so lets get this straight, Darko had "2 all stars" and a "DPOY", despite Siakam being the only player on the roster being an all star the year before, or actually ever. And not a single player that has ever won a DPOY award and only last year, a player who finally got recognized as being 7th in DPOY voting.

Gradey underperformed and that is Darkos fault. Gradey plays fantastic for the rest of the season, no credit to Darko.

RJ has "always been that guy", despite 5 years in the league and never being "that guy".

The level some of you people go to just make **** up to justify your hate is incredible.
Props TZ!
Basketball_Jones
RealGM

Post#159 » by Basketball_Jones » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:17 pm

Man really wish we had another pick and grabbed Jaquez. Kind of reminiscent of our old prototype ball handling 3/4’s but he’s actually good.

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

raps14
Junior

Post#160 » by raps14 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:22 pm

Also take in that betting had the Heat at +15 and they won by 15 cause a Heat player made a shot when they usually dribble out the clock.

Return to Toronto Raptors