ImageImageImageImageImage

Bobby Webster speaks about the core/future

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,402

Re: Bobby Webster speaks about the core/future 

Post#321 » by Mikistan » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:55 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
Mikistan wrote:"Goes to show you that those most wanting a tank can't handle it when it happens"

That's the kind of garbage comment I would expect from that poster. Buddy is so deep in the social media echo chambers he doesn't even realize his ridiculous mental conclusions are unfounded because all that matter is us = right and them = always wrong

Confirmed, he is on RealGM.

"both sides"
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,154

Post#322 » by Chandan » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:10 pm

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:I feel like by suggesting the raptors are many move away from competing Bobby is subtly suggesting he's a closeted member of the tWo gang. I wonder what Del/other leaders of the tWo feel about this. Del usually has strong feelings about raptors management and any quotes that comes from them.

I feel like hopping on the tWo wagon after wemba draft is... a special choice.
dohboy_24
Bench Warmer
And1: 227

Post#323 » by dohboy_24 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:29 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
But, for what its worth, SGA was a 1st option putting up stud #'s in year 3, not 5. And I love how you use Jokci, Giannis, and Kawhi as examples as those are the guy who were later blossoming studs. Wonder why you did not use Tatum, or KD, or Booker, or Ant. I wonder why that is :roll:

Yes, of course.

Considering his competition for the #1 spot was Luguentz Dort (21 y/o), Darius Bazley (20 y/o), Hamidou Diallo (22 y/o), and Isaiah Roby (22 y/o), before Al Horford (34 y/o) and Theo Maledon (19 y/o) were acquired, SGA was the 1st option putting up 24 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 stocks (steals+blocks) shooting 50% FG (54% 2 pt), 41% from behind the arc and 80% from the free throw line.

How does that compare to the teammates Scottie played with during his age 22 year this season?

GTJ (25 y/o)
Pascal (29 y/o)
IQ (24 y/o)
Dennis (30 y/o)
RJ (23 y/o)
OG Anunoby (26 y/o)

If you put SGA on this team in replacement of Scottie, would he still be the #1 option putting up the numbers he did on the Thunder that season?
======
Raptors Tank Nation Member #11031995

DRAFT BOARD:
G: Castle, Pate, Walter, Collier, George, McCain, Carrington, Alexander
F: Buzelis, Holland, Risacher, Salaun, Flowers, Chomche, Evans Jr.
C: Clingan, Filipowski, Ware, Holmes II, Onyenso
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,190

Post#324 » by YogurtProducer » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:26 pm

dohboy_24 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
But, for what its worth, SGA was a 1st option putting up stud #'s in year 3, not 5. And I love how you use Jokci, Giannis, and Kawhi as examples as those are the guy who were later blossoming studs. Wonder why you did not use Tatum, or KD, or Booker, or Ant. I wonder why that is :roll:

Yes, of course.

Considering his competition for the #1 spot was Luguentz Dort (21 y/o), Darius Bazley (20 y/o), Hamidou Diallo (22 y/o), and Isaiah Roby (22 y/o), before Al Horford (34 y/o) and Theo Maledon (19 y/o) were acquired, SGA was the 1st option putting up 24 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 stocks (steals+blocks) shooting 50% FG (54% 2 pt), 41% from behind the arc and 80% from the free throw line.

How does that compare to the teammates Scottie played with during his age 22 year this season?

GTJ (25 y/o)
Pascal (29 y/o)
IQ (24 y/o)
Dennis (30 y/o)
RJ (23 y/o)
OG Anunoby (26 y/o)

If you put SGA on this team in replacement of Scottie, would he still be the #1 option putting up the numbers he did on the Thunder that season?

The fact SGA put up those #'s on the dumpster fire of a roster is a credit to SGA. He was the only threat on that entire team and he still put up great #'s. Argument to be made if he was not the only focus of defences he would have been even better - as had been proven in the seasons since
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
dohboy_24
Bench Warmer
And1: 227

Post#325 » by dohboy_24 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:24 pm

doboy_24 wrote:

YogurtProducer wrote:The fact SGA put up those #'s on the dumpster fire of a roster is a credit to SGA. He was the only threat on that entire team and he still put up great #'s. Argument to be made if he was not the only focus of defences he would have been even better - as had been proven in the seasons since

Sure, you can make that argument and I might even agree with it since SGA was and is a good player that I'd be happy to have on this team - hence the question I asked...
======
Raptors Tank Nation Member #11031995

DRAFT BOARD:
G: Castle, Pate, Walter, Collier, George, McCain, Carrington, Alexander
F: Buzelis, Holland, Risacher, Salaun, Flowers, Chomche, Evans Jr.
C: Clingan, Filipowski, Ware, Holmes II, Onyenso
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,794

Post#326 » by RoyceDa59 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:04 am

I really hope we get a lotto pick this year.

Masai and Bobby are undeniably the best drafting front office in the NBA and it’s not close.

6th overall + two late firsts, let’s find some gems!

That’s priority #1, find some gems in the draft.
Go Raps!!
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,524

Post#327 » by Harry Palmer » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:45 pm

I have real doubts about Scottie being a true #1, but it’s too early to say that with any certainty. Partly because he’s such an odd mixture of talents and weaknesses. I can still only come up with weird comps like ‘post HIV Magic when he was playing ~ point 4’ or w/e.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,171

Post#328 » by HiJiNX » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:06 pm

manjusaka wrote:While I think Barnes is the best player, but I do agree he may not become that 1st option scorer with his passing mindset.

However, I think RJ has the mindset and the tools to be a 1st option scorer. I am optimistic that he can maintain his 3p% and improve his FT%. All he needs is to consistently hitting the turnaround jumper in the midrange. It is a weapon that is already in his disposal, just not using it often with us, because it is inefficient right now.

Imo, RJ can’t be a first option because his points come off the catch or in transition generally speaking. Not a lot of self created stuff.

As for Barnes, the book is still out on him. Can he make jumpers off the dribble? If he can the there’s a path to being a franchise player from a scoring standpoint.
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,524

Post#329 » by Harry Palmer » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:11 pm

HiJiNX wrote:
manjusaka wrote:While I think Barnes is the best player, but I do agree he may not become that 1st option scorer with his passing mindset.

However, I think RJ has the mindset and the tools to be a 1st option scorer. I am optimistic that he can maintain his 3p% and improve his FT%. All he needs is to consistently hitting the turnaround jumper in the midrange. It is a weapon that is already in his disposal, just not using it often with us, because it is inefficient right now.

Imo, RJ can’t be a first option because his points come off the catch or in transition generally speaking. Not a lot of self created stuff.

As for Barnes, the book is still out on him. Can he make jumpers off the dribble? If he can the there’s a path to being a franchise player from a scoring standpoint.

He needs more suddenness. That’s tough to add, though it can sometimes just be a handle issue that will suddenly jump when the handle improves. But I don’t think his handle is the issue, so less confident about that improving. It might though…he’s such an odd player to project, and has been at pretty much every stage of development so far.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,002

Post#330 » by anotherhomer » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:20 pm

Harry Palmer wrote:I have real doubts about Scottie being a true #1, but it’s too early to say that with any certainty. Partly because he’s such an odd mixture of talents and weaknesses. I can still only come up with weird comps like ‘post HIV Magic when he was playing ~ point 4’ or w/e.

i hear you...he's a great do it all type player, but isn't a guy who can legit carry the offense

now if that absolutely changes, i be totally happy about that

you still need that 'guy' who can carry the offense
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,171

Post#331 » by HiJiNX » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:08 pm

Harry Palmer wrote:
HiJiNX wrote:

He needs more suddenness. That’s tough to add, though it can sometimes just be a handle issue that will suddenly jump when the handle improves. But I don’t think his handle is the issue, so less confident about that improving. It might though…he’s such an odd player to project, and has been at pretty much every stage of development so far.

I hear you. I think Barnes will need to develop more savvy and the skills to go with it. As far as suddenness, it’s weird because every once in awhile he makes a very explosive move to the rim and you wonder why he can’t display that first step more consistently. But yeah, hard guy to project. I don’t see Barnes as a guy who is every going to average more than 25ppg (if that much), but I think there’s a world in which he has franchise player gravity, even if he doesn’t have the volume scoring. I think that’s the absolute best case scenario though.
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive

Return to Toronto Raptors