ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 Playoffs Discussion Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,580

Re: 2024 Playoffs Thread (with final standings) 

Post#41 » by 2019nbachamps » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:23 am

There isn't much the Warriors can do. They can let Klay and CP3 walk. Steph+Dray+their young core isn't competitive. Klay and CP3 have no trade value and having them come back clearly isn't the makings of a playoff team. The dynasty is over and they just have to begin planning for the post-Curry era.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,764

Post#42 » by ArthurVandelay » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:23 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
C_Money wrote:Pelicans should be a better team with the roster they have. I wonder if Willie Green should get sacked.

I feel like I've been saying this for a year but we need to be circling the Pels like sharks. They have some decisions to make soon. Letting JV walk isn't enough, and they will not go into the tax. They also have a bunch of young guys that need playing time. It's a good problem to have, but still a problem nonetheless.

Outside Poeltl, what do the Raptors have they might want? I can't think of anything. Taking on Poeltl doesn't help their tax situation either.

I think Atlanta and NO make good trade partners. Murray and OO for Brandon Ingram?
JB7
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#43 » by JB7 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:39 pm

Wise80 wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:Was just gonna post, what do they do if they lose here

sell everyone and rebuild

I mentioned that during the year. It was obvious that they were done. None of there young guys are going to save them and help Curry truly compete over the next few years.

They have a lot of similarities with us over the last few years. They got stuck thinking they could grow a new generation while trying to compete. They could of flipped there picks before that draft with Kuminga, or during the first 2 years of there careers and got some series help. And then this year, they were us at last year's deadline. They should of sold but they didn't. At least they have this off season to trade Curry. They won't, but they should. Why run it back next year just to compete for the right to get smoked in the first round. "Play-in for what."

Funny enough, their young players played alright. I wouldn't be surprised if it came down to what Klay was willing to accept. If he doesn't accept something closer to what GSW is offering, they let him and CP3 walk and save the money to spend on an MLE player.

If Klay accepts a lower deal, they probably move Wiggins to free up time for Moody.

I don't see them making major moves, primarily because the only player of real value (Steph) they will not trade, unless he requests/demands a trade, which I don't see. He has won enough, and he does not look like he would chase rings.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,097

Post#44 » by ItsDanger » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:41 pm

The Warriors old core is washed. Happens to every "dynasty" but I'm glad its over.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
JB7
Analyst

Post#45 » by JB7 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:43 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
C_Money wrote:Pelicans should be a better team with the roster they have. I wonder if Willie Green should get sacked.

I feel like I've been saying this for a year but we need to be circling the Pels like sharks. They have some decisions to make soon. Letting JV walk isn't enough, and they will not go into the tax. They also have a bunch of young guys that need playing time. It's a good problem to have, but still a problem nonetheless.

The best lineup NO had last night was Zion, TM3, Herb, Alvarado and I think it was Nance. They made their biggest run with those 5 on the court.

I could see them bringing back JV, just to have his size for moments in the game, but the real question comes down to Ingram and CJ. CJ would be hard to deal, because he would not have a lot of value, and they would need to take back contracts. Ingram has one year left on his deal, and would have value, so maybe he gets moved?
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,103

Post#46 » by MiamiSPX » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:58 pm

JB7 wrote:
MiamiSPX wrote:

The best lineup NO had last night was Zion, TM3, Herb, Alvarado and I think it was Nance. They made their biggest run with those 5 on the court.

I could see them bringing back JV, just to have his size for moments in the game, but the real question comes down to Ingram and CJ. CJ would be hard to deal, because he would not have a lot of value, and they would need to take back contracts. Ingram has one year left on his deal, and would have value, so maybe he gets moved?

I would take CJ, and that gawd awful 64M remaining, if we are paid handsomely for it by way of TM3 lol. Sounds crazy, and likely is, but who knows. The Pels have never paid the tax and likely never will (even though their owner said she would if the opportunity presented itself but most Pels fans will say that's BS).
JB7
Analyst

Post#47 » by JB7 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:49 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
JB7 wrote:
MiamiSPX wrote:

I would take CJ, and that gawd awful 64M remaining, if we are paid handsomely for it by way of TM3 lol. Sounds crazy, and likely is, but who knows. The Pels have never paid the tax and likely never will (even though their owner said she would if the opportunity presented itself but most Pels fans will say that's BS).

The problem is, for NO, their 3 best players might be Zion, TM3 & Herb. So I doubt they want to move any of them, unless for a huge haul.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,710

Post#48 » by WaltFrazier » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:35 pm

Nick Nurse vs Spo tonight, big matchup for a play-in game
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
GP2
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,532

Post#49 » by GP2 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:02 pm

Hawks-Bulls is on SN360. Absurd.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,181

Post#50 » by YogurtProducer » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:06 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:There isn't much the Warriors can do. They can let Klay and CP3 walk. Steph+Dray+their young core isn't competitive. Klay and CP3 have no trade value and having them come back clearly isn't the makings of a playoff team. The dynasty is over and they just have to begin planning for the post-Curry era.

They should have made a run at a guy like Siakam/Anunoby.

I feel like they could have got Siakam for some combination of their stuff this past season. Instead now they have nothing.

if they want to compete with Curry - they pretty much have to keep their guys for salary, and then package all their future picks for upgrades.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,576

Post#51 » by DreamTeam09 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:13 pm

They can't attach salary to a player either, so if they wanted to get off of A.wiggins it would have to include a pick.

Wiggins + 1st for Bruce Brown still works, saves them 2.5mill this yr and clears their books moving fwd. I'd rather moody over a 1st tho but looks like they can't do that b/c of the apron rules

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,696

Post#52 » by Pointgod » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:26 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:They can't attach salary to a player either, so if they wanted to get off of A.wiggins it would have to include a pick.

Wiggins + 1st for Bruce Brown still works, saves them 2.5mill this yr and clears their books moving fwd. I'd rather moody over a 1st tho but looks like they can't do that b/c of the apron rules

I’d take Moodie along with Wiggins but the problem is we have to pay him. And so far he hasn’t separated himself from the other young players on the Warriors.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,580

Post#53 » by 2019nbachamps » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:33 pm

Warriors are now screwed. They also have to continue appearing competitive to sell tickets in their shiny new arena. I wonder if Myers quit because he saw no way out.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,576

Post#54 » by DreamTeam09 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:42 pm

Pointgod wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:They can't attach salary to a player either, so if they wanted to get off of A.wiggins it would have to include a pick.

I’d take Moodie along with Wiggins but the problem is we have to pay him. And so far he hasn’t separated himself from the other young players on the Warriors.

RFA always have to settle, Reeves took 4yrs 53 / Spurs would've went to 4/80 but didn't wanna wait.
Either way tho GS cannot aggregate salary for trade purposes

In Raptor Ball I Trust
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,498

Post#55 » by WuTang_OG » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:44 pm

7pm on espn should be good
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,505

Post#56 » by Brinbe » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:32 pm

we know lowry's lighting it up tonight.
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#57 » by WaltFrazier » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:38 pm

Brinbe wrote:we know lowry's lighting it up tonight.

He's playing hard that's for sure
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#58 » by WaltFrazier » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:44 pm

Nick still doesn't have a good zone offense. They look confused, aimlessly passing
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,772

Post#59 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:45 pm

Tight game thru 1st q so far. Just what I expected.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,505

Post#60 » by Brinbe » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:47 pm

of all the times to get hurt. hope jimmy's alright

Return to Toronto Raptors