ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 Playoffs Discussion Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

mihaic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,081

Re: 2024 Playoffs Thread (with final standings) 

Post#141 » by mihaic » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:56 am

Tha Cynic wrote:On another note, the East looks so weak. Boson is going to have an easy path again with all these injuries.

Maybe the Fermion will counter with opposing force.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,429

Post#142 » by Tha Cynic » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:18 am

Trae Young is a joke of a player. I'm not sure he's even serious out there. Dude just does not play winning basketball and seems more interested in his individual antics.

Jimmy Butler just played most of the game on an MCL injured knee?
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
mihaic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,081

Post#143 » by mihaic » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:19 am

Tha Cynic wrote:Trae Young is a joke of a player. I'm not sure he's even serious our there. Dude just does not play winning basketball and seems more interested in his individual antics.

Even the commentators acknowledged Trae was on the bench when the Hawks had their only sustained run. Coby White on the other hand... plays so hard with do much energy.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,893

Post#144 » by Kingsway_fan » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:25 am

Who here thinks Bulls will beat Heat to move into the playoffs? ... I do.
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,134

Post#145 » by MiamiSPX » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:54 am

WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

Makes sense. If Embiid plays the whole series, I think Philly dispatches them quite easily.

NY is not a true #2 seed. They only ended up there because of injuries to Embiid, Giannis the last week, and even Donovan Mitchell missing 27 games. Their 50 wins is also the lowest win total for the #2 seed in 17 years (excluding shortened seasons, obviously). Respect to them for not caring who they faced but they would have had a cakewalk of a series facing Indy.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,596

Post#146 » by 2019nbachamps » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:24 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

Makes sense. If Embiid plays the whole series, I think Philly dispatches them quite easily.

NY is not a true #2 seed. They only ended up there because of injuries to Embiid, Giannis the last week, and even Donovan Mitchell missing 27 games. Their 50 wins is also the lowest win total for the #2 seed in 17 years (excluding shortened seasons, obviously). Respect to them for not caring who they faced but they would have had a cakewalk of a series facing Indy.

Agree with this. No shade to the Knicks but injuries are what got them that seed. 76ers should beat them.

Miami are in trouble and will be eliminated soon. They’re in treadmill land despite being so close a few times since 2020. They need to go big game hunting and stop overvaluing their young assets. Landing KD or Dame would’ve improved their fortunes. For two seasons in a row their roster has proven they’re barely a playoff team.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,523

Post#147 » by WuTang_OG » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:43 pm

what a cake walk Cels have
JB7
Analyst
And1: 1,324

Post#148 » by JB7 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:13 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:
MiamiSPX wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

Agree with this. No shade to the Knicks but injuries are what got them that seed. 76ers should beat them.

Miami are in trouble and will be eliminated soon. They’re in treadmill land despite being so close a few times since 2020. They need to go big game hunting and stop overvaluing their young assets. Landing KD or Dame would’ve improved their fortunes. For two seasons in a row their roster has proven they’re barely a playoff team.

Who actually believes Embiid is healthy, and will be able to pay every game of the series, especially with how physical the Knicks play?

Plus Embiid always disappears in the playoffs. Even yesterday's game, a must win to avoid the Celtics, and he scored only 23, with 9 of those points from the free throw line. What saved the Sixers yesterday was a 35 yr old Batum going off for 20pts.

I also think the Knicks actually have the size to match-up with the Sixers.

I would take the Knicks over the Sixers.
JB7
Analyst

Post#149 » by JB7 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:15 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:what a cake walk Cels have

Ya, with Jimmy out, the Heat are done. Would have been interesting to see them face the Celtics again.

Jimmy spends all season taking it easy to ready himself for the playoffs, only to get injured in the 1st play-in game. How sad :nonono:
MiamiSPX
Analyst

Post#150 » by MiamiSPX » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:17 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:
MiamiSPX wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

Agreed about Miami. They were on the desired destination list of the last 4 big names that moved (Donovan, KD, Dame, and Kyrie) and yet here they are still with Bam as a #2 and Herro as a #3. Serves them right for their arrogance and constant tampering.
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,850

Post#151 » by Quattro » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:28 pm

I'm not seeing the 76ers walk all over the Knicks. Frankly I think there's a better chance NY steamrolls them. They barely took care of Miami with a hobbled Butler last night and NYs defense and physicality is no joke. Pair that with playoff Embiid and I think the Knicks win.

While I was happy with the return, it physically pains me that we actually helped that organization by sending them OG and Precious
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,523

Post#152 » by WuTang_OG » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:42 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think it goes at least 6. NY is still very good and have the right mix of shooting, leadership and of course defense. Villanova boys are going to want to show up in Philly too. This will be a tough series for both
JB7
Analyst

Post#153 » by JB7 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:23 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:Trae Young is a joke of a player. I'm not sure he's even serious our there. Dude just does not play winning basketball and seems more interested in his individual antics.

Does Trae end up on the Spurs this offseason? Is Wemby the one player that can cover up all of Trae's deficiencies?
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,778

Post#154 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:13 pm

Kingsway_fan wrote:Who here thinks Bulls will beat Heat to move into the playoffs? ... I do.

Butler's out but now so is Caruso. Tough call. With Caruso I'd pick Bulls for sure.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,778

Post#155 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:19 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:
MiamiSPX wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

This conveniently leaves out the Knicks injuries. They were in second at the end of January just as Randle and OG went out. The pace they were winning at after the OG trade, they were on track to be the clear #2 seed. And they still hung on to finish second as it was. And still missing their #2 scorer, as big an injury issue as any team still playing. Edit - along with Mitchell Robinson
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,835

Re: 2024 Playoffs Discussion Thread 

Post#156 » by Los_29 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:41 pm

If Embiid is healthy, the Sixers should beat the Knicks. But I don't think he is. This is going to be a good series. Looking forward to it. Actually, all the series so far are looking really good.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,429

Post#157 » by Tha Cynic » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:17 pm

OG was a positive in every single game he played for the Knicks (I know not a great stat, but that's something). They just won when he was on the floor. I think Thibodeau can outcoach Nurse. The Knicks are not being given enough credit for what they can do defensively. The big issue is that the Knicks basically have one very good scorer and a bunch of roleplayers, but the 76ers aren't much different.

Coaching is going to play a huge role in this series imo.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
JB7
Analyst

Post#158 » by JB7 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:31 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:OG was a positive in every single game he played for the Knicks (I know not a great stat, but that's something). They just won when he was on the floor. I think Thibodeau can outcoach Nurse. The Knicks are not being given enough credit for what they can do defensively. The big issue is that the Knicks basically have one very good scorer and a bunch of roleplayers, but the 76ers aren't much different.

Coaching is going to play a huge role in this series imo.

I think the Knicks actually work better with just Brunson, and no Randall. Brunson can dominate the ball, and then when it moves, it moves to the open shooter. And defensively they are probably better without Randall.

Also, Knicks have two bangers in IH and Mitchell to bang with Embiid, plus OG to help. They match up well with the Sixers strengths.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,102

Post#159 » by ItsDanger » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:14 pm

I can't believe Zion still has zero career playoff games. Tough situation for Pelicans.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
MiamiSPX
Analyst

Post#160 » by MiamiSPX » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:47 pm

Confirmed that Butler is out. Celtics will sweep Chicago or a Butler-less Miami. I see them losing 4 games at the most until the Finals.

Return to Toronto Raptors