ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 Playoffs Discussion Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,596

Re: 2024 Playoffs Discussion Thread 

Post#441 » by mdenny » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:21 am

WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

To be honest....that replay makes it look like it's on Lowry. If I can see it properly...nick is motioning to Lowry to call the timeout. Not towards the ref. Lowry tries to force the inbounds to a small player in a double team.

And by the time nick motions to the ref to call timeout....the play was already broken.

Maxey still looks like he was fouled though.
Boardbreaker
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,887

Post#442 » by Boardbreaker » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:26 am

mdenny wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

To be honest....that replay makes it look like it's on Lowry. If I can see it properly...nick is motioning to Lowry to call the timeout. Not towards the ref. Lowry tries to force the inbounds to a small player in a double team.

And by the time nick motions to the ref to call timeout....the play was already broken.

Maxey also clearly pushed off to get free for the pass
mdenny
Head Coach

Post#443 » by mdenny » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:30 am

Boardbreaker wrote:
mdenny wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Maxey also clearly pushed off to get free for the pass

Ok but c'mon. That's a routine pushoff. Alot different from getting body-checked from behind As the offensive player with the ball within your grasp.

End of day...if Lowry calls the timeout they advance the ball and it's free throws until game over.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,540

Post#444 » by WuTang_OG » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:31 am

mdenny wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

The ref was standing right next to lowry lol
mdenny
Head Coach

Post#445 » by mdenny » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:36 am

WuTang_OG wrote:
mdenny wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I could be wrong...but if the coach wants to call a direct timeout during an inbounds he directs the request the ref down-court to Nick's right.

The inbounds ref has his eyes on the inbounds and gets the request from the inbounder.

And you can see when nick requests the timeout directly to a ref he does so to to his right but by then it was too late.

I think nick thought it was obvious that Lowry would call the timeout and for whatever reason, Kyle didn't. Maybe he forgot they had one.
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#446 » by WuTang_OG » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:42 am

mdenny wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
mdenny wrote:

I could be wrong...but if the coach wants to call a direct timeout during an inbounds he directs the request the ref down-court to Nick's right.

The inbounds ref has his eyes on the inbounds and gets the request from the inbounder.

And you can see when nick requests the timeout directly to a ref he does so to to his right but by then it was too late.

I think nick thought it was obvious that Lowry would call the timeout and for whatever reason, Kyle didn't. Maybe he forgot they had one.

nick just said he looked at the ref to call the time out. he's looking at the ref beside lowry. i would guess nick knows that ref is allowed to call the timeout direct and not through lowry, his comments admit that
mdenny
Head Coach

Post#447 » by mdenny » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:48 am

WuTang_OG wrote:
mdenny wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:

nick just said he looked at the ref to call the time out. he's looking at the ref beside lowry. i would guess nick knows that ref is allowed to call the timeout direct and not through lowry, his comments admit that

Yah I'm not saying it's a rule. But whenever the coach calls a timeout they tend to request it to the ref who is off-ball no?

It looks like nurse is motioning to Kyle because it's just a hand gesture. He doesn't look like he's vocalizing it.
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#448 » by WuTang_OG » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:53 am

mdenny wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
mdenny wrote:

Yah I'm not saying it's a rule. But whenever the coach calls a timeout they tend to request it to the ref who is off-ball no?

Can go either way I believe
mdenny
Head Coach

Post#449 » by mdenny » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:58 am

WuTang_OG wrote:
mdenny wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:

Can go either way I believe

Nurse's body language suggests to me that he's motioning to Kyle. Not the ref. I think nurse assumes the timeout is a fpregoone conclusion. Looks like a hand gesture in Kyle's direction. Doesn't look like he's vocalizing anything. (Like one would do toward the ref)
mdenny
Head Coach

Post#450 » by mdenny » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:01 am

Stage is set for joker now. Down by 10. 4th quarter.

Great game so far.
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#451 » by WuTang_OG » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:03 am

Read on Twitter
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#452 » by WuTang_OG » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:28 am

this game is fkin insane
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,510

Post#453 » by Brinbe » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:33 am

HOLY CRAP OUR BACKCOURT IS CLUTCH

SGA AND MURRAY MY GOD
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,435

Post#454 » by Tha Cynic » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:36 am

Canadians taking over the NBA like it's the music industry

Also, the midrange always becomes important in the playoffs.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
SurgeIblocka
Head Coach
And1: 5,255

Post#455 » by SurgeIblocka » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:37 am

Yooooo that was the Kawhi shot all over again without the bounces
sidsid
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,242

Post#456 » by sidsid » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:38 am

The Lakers blowing a near perfect early AD game and great early shooting from Dlo. Hard to say which combo of 8 garbage players they throw out there really blew it for them, but the non LeBron 3rd to 4th Q lineups were a special level of awful.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,435

Post#457 » by Tha Cynic » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:49 am

It's crazy that Jamal Murray has never been an all-star in the NBA.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
EG73
Sixth Man
And1: 808

Post#458 » by EG73 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:51 am

SurgeIblocka wrote:Yooooo that was the Kawhi shot all over again without the bounces

Yes, it reminded me ‘The shot’
Other than not being a 7th game: similar context and similar play.
I’m glad I’ve seen both games, both plays ‘real-time’.
"But the thing is, maybe I do want to wake up one morning and say, `Baby, let's go to the Bahamas. Today.' That costs money. So what if I want to do that?
MJ
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#459 » by WuTang_OG » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:52 am

Read on Twitter
mdenny
Head Coach

Post#460 » by mdenny » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:57 am

What a great game. Great ball tonight. Except for og. He was horrible and useless lol. Maxey got 8 rebounds. Og got 3 lololol.

Looking at the boxscore and joker was dominant. But the eye test for me says something different. They stopped joker from dominating the game. If they can keep doing that they MIGHT avoid a sweep.

Man...so amazing to see lebron battle like that. Nuff respect for lebron. We might never see another player his age do this type of stuff. Big up lebron.

Big up Jamal murray too. Such a great game.

Return to Toronto Raptors