ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors Locker Room Cleanout

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,686

Re: Raptors Locker Room Cleanout 

Post#61 » by Vampirate » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:35 pm

Scase wrote:
Vampirate wrote:
Scase wrote:Just because people on a forum think he's a bad coach, doesn't make him a bad coach.

Everyone, including you, is too reactionary into what's happening in the present.

So by me constantly preaching patience with Darko....that is somehow too reactionary?

You're obsession with our FO being the worst ever is reactionary, and when I say the present, I mean the last few years.

For Darko it's too early to make final judging on him.

I view Masai overall as an above average exec btw.

I don't think he's the 'In Masai we trust' level of exec fans thought of him, but I also don't see him as the Dumar level either.

He has a pretty clear track record of hitting in the draft overall, and has made more good trades then bad overall.

His greatest flaw is he either gets too emotionally attached and can't see the forest from the trees. The reason the Kyle of Demar era worked was both were hitting their peak, prime at the same time. Siakam and Barnes are pretty much 9 years apart.

This has also lead to the disastrous Jak trade, where the teams real ceiling wasn't worth the trade.

Fwiw, I thought Masai got really lucky with the OG trade in it's timing and subsequently unlucky with the Siakam (we'll never truly know but we know Siakam was tanking his trade value before the season) trade.

I see Masai on the level of Ainge (who I also view as an above average exec, not an elite one), but not on the level of Prestie who's actually an elite exec.

I don't view Ainge to be as good as the recent trade's project him, he has the same flaw Masai has where he tries to win every trade (fleece) but this also leads to no trades happening.

My point is we all need to give our new coach some time as we are starting from scratch a bit, but the same should patience should also be given to our FO.

I don't think Masai has ever truly worked with a real rebuild (building around a 22 year old) so this is a new angle to go off.
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,372

Post#62 » by PushDaRock » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:58 pm

Vampirate wrote:
Scase wrote:
Vampirate wrote:
Everyone, including you, is too reactionary into what's happening in the present.

So by me constantly preaching patience with Darko....that is somehow too reactionary?

You're obsession with our FO being the worst ever is reactionary, and when I say the present, I mean the last few years.

I don't think he's the 'In Masai we trust' level of exec fans thought of him, but I also don't see him as the Dumar level either.

He has a pretty clear track record of hitting in the draft overall, and has made more good trades then bad overall.

His greatest flaw is he either gets too emotionally attached and can't see the forest from the trees. The reason the Kyle of Demar era worked was both were hitting their peak, prime at the same time. Siakam and Barnes are pretty much 9 years apart.

This has also lead to the disastrous Jak trade, where the teams real ceiling wasn't worth the trade.

Fwiw, I thought Masai got really lucky with the OG trade in it's timing and subsequently unlucky with the Siakam (we'll never truly know but we know Siakam was tanking his trade value before the season) trade.

I see Masai on the level of Ainge (who I also view as an above average exec, not an elite one), but not on the level of Prestie who's actually an elite exec.

I don't view Ainge to be as good as the recent trade's project him, he has the same flaw Masai has where he tries to win every trade (fleece) but this also leads to no trades happening.

My point is we all need to give our new coach some time as we are starting from scratch a bit, but the same should patience should also be given to our FO.

I don't think Masai has ever truly worked with a real rebuild (building around a 22 year old) so this is a new angle to go off.

I don't know that I would call the OG trade luck in timing. I think there was a clear plan in place to make those big moves ahead of the deadline to 1. get an evaluation for how the team looks to better decide what to do at the actual deadline and 2. set the market yourself.

What do you consider elite? Top 5? I think it's kind of hard not to have him in there. We are top 5 in wins in the last 10 years despite the recent struggles and have a championship.
Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,686

Post#63 » by Vampirate » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:10 pm

PushDaRock wrote:
Vampirate wrote:
Scase wrote:So by me constantly preaching patience with Darko....that is somehow too reactionary?

I don't know that I would call the OG trade luck in timing. I think there was a clear plan in place to make those big moves ahead of the deadline to 1. get an evaluation for how the team looks to better decide what to do at the actual deadline and 2. set the market yourself.

What do you consider elite? Top 5? I think it's kind of hard not to have him in there. We are top 5 in wins in the last 10 years despite the recent struggles and have a championship.

There was clear unhappiness in his role with IQ in the Knicks from what I read and I think OG wanted NY, that's pretty much luck.

Presti is elite, he's basically created 2 contenders (yes there was also some luck in the SGA trade, but you can clearly see some vision) in an even worse FA destination than ours.

Masai can create good regular season teams no doubt, he has the track record for it, but he's yet to create a multiple year contender.

Essentially Masai is able to reliably put up the current Cavs level of talent, but has yet to reliably put up the current Nuggets/OKC level of talent.
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,372

Post#64 » by PushDaRock » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 pm

Vampirate wrote:
PushDaRock wrote:
Vampirate wrote:

There was clear unhappiness in his role with IQ in the Knicks from what I read and I think OG wanted NY, that's pretty much luck.

Presti is elite, he's basically created 2 contenders (yes there was also some luck in the SGA trade, but you can clearly see some vision) in an even worse FA destination than ours.

Masai can create good regular season teams no doubt, he has the track record for it, but he's yet to create a multiple year contender.

Essentially Masai is able to reliably put up the current Cavs level of talent, but has yet to reliably put up the current Nuggets/OKC level of talent.

That's just speculation on your part and I personally wouldn't consider that luck anyways.

Sure, I consider Presti elite as well but he's also made plenty of mistakes. Who else is elite if Masai isn't considered elite is my question.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,643

Post#65 » by Psubs » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:24 pm

Mr Funk wrote:The quotes from RJ are very encouraging, specifically working on his three point shooting and defence this summer. RJ has tremendous potential and if he can improve his shooting, jump shot and defence, he'll be so much closer to being a complete player. Plus, the fact that RJ and his teammates can relate to Darko so much on a human or day-to-day level is very refreshing (weird/toxic coach is gone).

He gets to the line so needs to up that FT shooting to at least 75% if not 80%. He had improved and started at 83% with the Knicks then as a Raptor it was 63%. :-?
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,643

Post#66 » by Psubs » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:26 pm

Vampirate wrote:
PushDaRock wrote:
Vampirate wrote:

Had Kawhi re-signed, would've won back to back.
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,552

Post#67 » by TheRaptor! » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:18 pm

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
Scase wrote:
Childs wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Sorry I can't believe this. Too many people told me Darko is a bad coach, TF does it matter if his players like him. Ship this fool out, couldn't even win us a chip in his rookie year like Nurse, what a clown.

Just because your manager is liked by all their staff, doesn't make them a good manager

lol who gives a f about personality when you can't perform.

What was the guy even talking about, im sure there are many nicer guys in the world than Darko, doesn't mean they should be an NBA head coach
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,159

Post#68 » by gp2015 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:25 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:Attitude will be different next season if we have a similar outcome. Guys will go into the summer thinking the season was bad because of the roster turnover. There will be expectations next season about being a playin team.

We were tanking and a bunch of players got injured.

If this team is healthy, we are no where this bad. We just need a solid player to add to the starting lineup and we can challenge for the play-in.

Actually turning into contenders is another story. We have a long way to go.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,316

Post#69 » by Scase » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:44 pm

Vampirate wrote:
Scase wrote:
Vampirate wrote:

Go find me the exact post where I have ever called this FO the worst ever. Enough with this hyperbolic garbage.

Darko gets patience cause he is a rookie head coach, Masai has been doing this for 15 years, expectations are higher. Masai is a good FO guy, and much like Nurse, sometimes you need a change regardless. Try not to just make **** up.
Props TZ!
rapsincr
Starter
And1: 2,307

Post#70 » by rapsincr » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:47 pm

Cyrus wrote:Any word if there will be end of season presser by Masai or Bobby?

i think masai is going to speak tomorrow.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,605

Post#71 » by Syd-TK3 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:36 am

Tanked the last 30 games and people want the coach gone lol

Return to Toronto Raptors