ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors Locker Room Cleanout

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

tanuki1031
Starter
And1: 3,349

Re: Raptors Locker Room Cleanout 

Post#41 » by tanuki1031 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:00 am

I legit watched the final 20+ games for Temple and Dick.

Sure the losses were ugly to watch but I feel like Temple won every minute he played. Dude didn't light anyone up but he didn't get punked either and it was a fun watch. Someone will probably clown him for getting chase down blocked in the final game but don't forget that immediately preceding he ripped the inbounds pass right out of the opposing player at half-court and chased that **** down.
lolwut
General Manager
And1: 12,918

Post#42 » by lolwut » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:13 am

tanuki1031 wrote:I legit watched the final 20+ games for Temple and Dick.

Sure the losses were ugly to watch but I feel like Temple won every minute he played. Dude didn't light anyone up but he didn't get punked either and it was a fun watch. Someone will probably clown him for getting chase down blocked in the final game but don't forget that immediately preceding he ripped the inbounds pass right out of the opposing player at half-court and chased that **** down.

That's the kind of veteran you want around a bunch of young players. This is a career journeyman on the wrong side of 30, and he's still out there busting his ass.
2023-2024 FatherTrackerâ„¢ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,297

Post#43 » by Scase » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:21 am

Childs wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Sorry I can't believe this. Too many people told me Darko is a bad coach, TF does it matter if his players like him. Ship this fool out, couldn't even win us a chip in his rookie year like Nurse, what a clown.
Props TZ!
Nebuchadnezzar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,858

Post#44 » by Nebuchadnezzar » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:37 am

Kingsway_fan wrote:The core really are those three... Barrett, Quigley and Barnes... problem is lack of talent around them.... and lack of depth....

Oh yeah, the raptors never got that defensive centre, or that stretch centre, or at least two knock down shooters to compliment the core....oh wait they did all that.
Nebuchadnezzar
Sixth Man

Post#45 » by Nebuchadnezzar » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:38 am

Scase wrote:
Childs wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Sorry I can't believe this. Too many people told me Darko is a bad coach, TF does it matter if his players like him. Ship this fool out, couldn't even win us a chip in his rookie year like Nurse, what a clown.

Just because your manager is liked by all their staff, doesn't make them a good manager
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,020

Post#46 » by DelAbbot » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:39 am

WaltFrazier wrote:That's a cool comment RJ made about OG. I hope RJ has a great Olympics for Canada.

I have been neutral on RJ until today's comment.

Since he looks up to OG, I'm now a fan of RJ

Read on Twitter
Corson27
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#47 » by Corson27 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:55 am

DelAbbot wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:That's a cool comment RJ made about OG. I hope RJ has a great Olympics for Canada.

I have been neutral on RJ until today's comment.

Since he looks up to OG, I'm now a fan of RJ

Read on Twitter

Barrett seems like a good dude. Recognizing weaknesses is a positive.
nestea
Veteran
And1: 1,778

Post#48 » by nestea » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:34 am

Must be cool for RJ riding around Toronto, after the season, as a guy from the city. No boarding a plane going home elsewhere.
Im an Optomist, not an optometrist!
Cyrus
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 3,478

Post#49 » by Cyrus » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:08 am

Any word if there will be end of season presser by Masai or Bobby?
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,891

Post#50 » by Kingsway_fan » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:41 am

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
Kingsway_fan wrote:The core really are those three... Barrett, Quigley and Barnes... problem is lack of talent around them.... and lack of depth....

Oh yeah, the raptors never got that defensive centre, or that stretch centre, or at least two knock down shooters to compliment the core....oh wait they did all that.

Those players you refer to would likely be bench warmers on a playoff bound team... this team would still be lottery bound. They need TALENT ...
manjusaka
Senior
And1: 430

Post#51 » by manjusaka » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:11 am

Just watched those interviews, SB and RJ would try to win games next season.
Mr_NC
Analyst
And1: 5,342

Post#52 » by Mr_NC » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:46 pm

What a season, what a trainwreck

On to the next
Smalltown
Senior
And1: 458

Post#53 » by Smalltown » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

Mr_NC wrote:What a season, what a trainwreck

On to the next

It wasn't even a train wreck. More like watching a shopping cart roll slowly across a parking lot to lightly bump into a car and not even leave a scratch. It means nothing in the grand scheme of things and is utterly forgettable.
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,577

Post#54 » by bluerap23 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:51 pm

Childs wrote:
Read on Twitter

Love this
manjusaka
Senior
And1: 430

Post#55 » by manjusaka » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

Watched those interviews on YouTube. Barnes and Barrett are going to be the leaders for this team real soon.

Based on what Kelly said about the offensive scheme, Darko probably running something complicated or orthodox. Kelly could just fit in seamlessly but another veteran Bruce Brown can only practice with the Gleaguer to learn the system.
onions17
Starter
And1: 638

Post#56 » by onions17 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:50 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:Vibes are a lot more positive than you would think after the season we had.

Well, we had pretty much nowhere to go but up.
Q00 wrote:When scoring over 100 pts and giving up under 100 pts, they are 11-0

Clearly defense is the difference between winning and losing for this team.
Nebuchadnezzar
Sixth Man

Post#57 » by Nebuchadnezzar » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:51 pm

Kingsway_fan wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:

Those players you refer to would likely be bench warmers on a playoff bound team... this team would still be lottery bound. They need TALENT ...

Yak is not a bench player. And when you are saying you want to surround the 3 players with talent, that means some of that talent would be on the bench.....
Scase
RealGM

Post#58 » by Scase » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:04 pm

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
Scase wrote:
Childs wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Just because your manager is liked by all their staff, doesn't make them a good manager

Just because people on a forum think he's a bad coach, doesn't make him a bad coach.
Props TZ!
Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,686

Post#59 » by Vampirate » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:08 pm

Scase wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
Scase wrote:Sorry I can't believe this. Too many people told me Darko is a bad coach, TF does it matter if his players like him. Ship this fool out, couldn't even win us a chip in his rookie year like Nurse, what a clown.

Just because people on a forum think he's a bad coach, doesn't make him a bad coach.

Everyone, including you, is too reactionary into what's happening in the present.
Scase
RealGM

Post#60 » by Scase » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:12 pm

Vampirate wrote:
Scase wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:

Everyone, including you, is too reactionary into what's happening in the present.

So by me constantly preaching patience with Darko....that is somehow too reactionary?
Props TZ!

Return to Toronto Raptors