ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Team USA Unveiled

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,052

Re: OT: Team USA Unveiled 

Post#21 » by ontnut » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:33 pm

This is what I would do:

Starters: Jrue Holiday, Steph Curry, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Joel Embiid
Bench: Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Booker, Anthony Edwards, Jayson Tatum, Anthony Davis, Bam Adebayo

Jrue to guard the best guards, Curry off ball to space floor, Lebron as the third creator, Durant iso/shooting, and Embiid.

Tyrese is probably better than Jrue, but I think a worse fit with Curry. He can run the bench as the best pure PG and main ball handler.

Starters spots locked up by Curry, Lebron and Embiid. So the real question is who the best fits are alongside them. Ideally you'd want a guard who can defend next to curry, and a wing who can iso score as well as catch and shoot, next to Lebron. That's KD. If you need someone other than KD depending on matchup, I guess you could swap in Tatum or Edwards, though I think Tatum is higher on the pecking order.
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,159

Post#22 » by gp2015 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:35 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:
gp2015 wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:LeBron is pretty clearly going to be starting on any Olympic team.

Curry and LeBron are no brainers.

I doubt Kawhi will be starting, he won't want to play heavy minutes.

It doesn’t really matter who starts. The core guys all get 20-30 mpg. Kawhi will be a regular in Paris, dude is a top 3 player on that team.

You forget about his bad knees?

He won't play heavy minutes. He won't risk his health in the offseason, especially on a loaded team.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,597

Post#23 » by 2019nbachamps » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:33 pm

gp2015 wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:
gp2015 wrote:
Curry and LeBron are no brainers.

I doubt Kawhi will be starting, he won't want to play heavy minutes.

It doesn’t really matter who starts. The core guys all get 20-30 mpg. Kawhi will be a regular in Paris, dude is a top 3 player on that team.

He won't play heavy minutes. He won't risk his health in the offseason, especially on a loaded team.

What is he saving his health for? Dude got another max, maybe the last of his career. He has nothing left to achieve in the NBA. If health was a huge concern he wouldn’t commit to Team USA. I don’t think he’s going there to wave towels on the bench.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,565

Post#24 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:02 am

Embiid is such a loser.
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,159

Post#25 » by gp2015 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:52 am

2019nbachamps wrote:
gp2015 wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:

What is he saving his health for? Dude got another max, maybe the last of his career. He has nothing left to achieve in the NBA. If health was a huge concern he wouldn’t commit to Team USA. I don’t think he’s going there to wave towels on the bench.

Why is he busting his ass on a loaded team that will likely win easily without him again?

You're nuts if you think he's going to play heavy minutes in the offseason. As we speak, he's having pain in his knee and is questionable for game 1.

Winning the gold on a loaded team with all time greats is like Durant winning a ring with the Warriors. Not exactly a huge accomplishment.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,773

Post#26 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:11 am

F*ck Team USA, GO TEAM CANADA GO! GO 4 GOLD!
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,431

Post#27 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:17 am

When healthy, Kawhi is the best American player in the NBA by a wide margin imo. He's just never healthy
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
Kahn_2001
Starter
And1: 2,191

Post#28 » by Kahn_2001 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:20 am

Embiid is such a bitch, expect nothing less from that front runner douchebag.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

Return to Toronto Raptors