ImageImageImageImageImage

[Shams] Jontay Porter receives NBA lifetime ban

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,793

Re: [Shams] Jontay Porter receives NBA lifetime ban 

Post#281 » by Dennis 37 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:18 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:Remember when the Raptors were granted a franchise. David Stern wouldn't give the go ahead till Ontario removed the NBA games from Pro Line. And the province caved in and did it. How far we've come since then, and not in a good way.

Never liked David Stern. But in comparison the Silver, now I like him a lot.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,808

Post#282 » by WaltFrazier » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:34 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:Remember when the Raptors were granted a franchise. David Stern wouldn't give the go ahead till Ontario removed the NBA games from Pro Line. And the province caved in and did it. How far we've come since then, and not in a good way.

Of course the landscape changed but yeah I wonder if Stern would have put the NBA in bed with sports betting like Silver did
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,604

Post#283 » by 2019nbachamps » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:00 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:

Of course the landscape changed but yeah I wonder if Stern would have put the NBA in bed with sports betting like Silver did

100% he would have. Too much money. It’s not just an NBA issue. Every major sports league is now in bed with the industry.
Dennis 37
RealGM

Post#284 » by Dennis 37 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:24 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:

100% he would have. Too much money. It’s not just an NBA issue. Every major sports league is now in bed with the industry.

My kids aren't 8 years old anymore, but how comfortable are people sitting down with their child to watch a game and be bombarded with gambling ads?
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,808

Post#285 » by WaltFrazier » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:51 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:Of course the landscape changed but yeah I wonder if Stern would have put the NBA in bed with sports betting like Silver did

My kids aren't 8 years old anymore, but how comfortable are people sitting down with their child to watch a game and be bombarded with gambling ads?

My oldest grandson is 8 and into sports. NBA, March madness, Jays, NFL. His dad usually records games and fast forwards thru commercials. If I'm there I change channels on live ads then go back. But it's terrible how the gambling ads are embedded right into the game broadcast. Can't shield him forever, just have to rely on family values to override all the temptations.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach

Post#286 » by 2019nbachamps » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:42 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:

My oldest grandson is 8 and into sports. NBA, March madness, Jays, NFL. His dad usually records games and fast forwards thru commercials. If I'm there I change channels on live ads then go back. But it's terrible how the gambling ads are embedded right into the game broadcast. Can't shield him forever, just have to rely on family values to override all the temptations.

I agree. It’s good for the teams, players, and league but I can’t think of any benefits for fans. I wouldn’t mind if this meant games would be streamed for free but we don’t even get that.
Dennis 37
RealGM

Post#287 » by Dennis 37 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:37 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:

I agree. It’s good for the teams, players, and league but I can’t think of any benefits for fans. I wouldn’t mind if this meant games would be streamed for free but we don’t even get that.

When you look at what players make nowadays, how much is enough? Our game watching experience is tainted by gambling ads and on the floor ads so they can make more money then they'll ever use.

I really miss the hair on the court when beer ads were as adult as the ads got.
Maxpainmedia:
Dennis 37
RealGM

Post#289 » by Dennis 37 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:41 pm

The NBA doesn't care about any collateral damage; players who get hooked, fans who lose their paychecks and end up homeless, the NBA doesn't care.
Image ?

WaltFrazier wrote:https://www.stltoday.com/sports/column/jeff-gordon/tipsheet-jontay-porter-could-have-produced-much-more-than-a-cautionary-tale/article_43fa8762-fe39-11ee-8af5-4720afb35dd5.html
Maxpainmedia:
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,705

Post#290 » by Clay Davis » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:59 am

Dennis 37 wrote:The NBA doesn't care about any collateral damage; players who get hooked, fans who lose their paychecks and end up homeless, the NBA doesn't care.
Image ?

WaltFrazier wrote:https://www.stltoday.com/sports/column/jeff-gordon/tipsheet-jontay-porter-could-have-produced-much-more-than-a-cautionary-tale/article_43fa8762-fe39-11ee-8af5-4720afb35dd5.html

The gambling industry is as nefarious as prostitution, narcotics, human smuggling, and arms trafficking. There's a reason why the same negative rizz groups run all of these rackets in the criminal underground.
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,036

Post#291 » by DelAbbot » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:12 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:

Read on Twitter
Dennis 37
RealGM

Post#292 » by Dennis 37 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:00 am

DelAbbot wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:

Read on Twitter

That's insanity. The sports talking heads talk gambling at different intervals throught the game and yet spectators aren't supposed to mention it?

In game announcements of the future:

The Current Home Sports team encourages you to bet continuously, via your smartphone, using the Current Home Sports team preferred gambling app. However, communication of such activity with fans in your vicinity, or players on the field, is strictly prohibited.
Maxpainmedia:
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,901

Post#293 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:05 pm

So... we can't send Jontay to rep us at the lotto selections?
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,403

Post#294 » by Mikistan » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:19 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:Of course the landscape changed but yeah I wonder if Stern would have put the NBA in bed with sports betting like Silver did

Its disgusting. My son actually mentions jackpot city as if he thinks it's a real place. I told him jackpot city is where degenerates live
will
RealGM
And1: 49,627
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#295 » by will » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:52 pm

Mikistan wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:

Its disgusting. My son actually mentions jackpot city as if he thinks it's a real place. I told him jackpot city is where degenerates live

Ah...to be young and uncorrupted and unjaded. What a time.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,627
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#296 » by will » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:53 pm

Pure hilarity how we have the biggest present and past stars of all 4 major sports promoting gambling.

Let Jontay get his beak wet. Pause
Potential
RealGM
And1: 43,995

Post#297 » by Potential » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:14 pm

Jontay has taken over the NBA account

Read on Twitter
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,538

Post#298 » by WuTang_OG » Wed May 1, 2024 7:10 pm

this family are a bunch of morons

Read on Twitter
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,121

Post#299 » by tecumseh18 » Wed May 1, 2024 8:09 pm

Mikistan wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:

I'm not the greatest father in the world. My teenage kids would be the first to tell you that. At least they've never given me a mug that expresses that sentiment.

But ... somehow they both turned out to have a brain in their heads and common sense. When we're watching gambling ads on TV, I do rail on about addiction issues and flushing money down the toilet. And growing up in a Raptors merch-wearing and (former) season ticket holding family, they do know what happened to Jontay. And I think they get it.

Not worried. Much.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach

Post#300 » by 2019nbachamps » Wed May 1, 2024 9:51 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:this family are a bunch of morons

Read on Twitter

I thought this was an old story at first. How is this even possible? 3/4 brothers are complete deadbeats

Return to Toronto Raptors