ImageImageImageImageImage

Masai Ujiri 'feels for the fans' as rebuilding Raptors raise ticket prices again

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,103

Re: Masai Ujiri 'feels for the fans' as rebuilding Raptors raise ticket prices again 

Post#41 » by ItsDanger » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:36 pm

Team doesn't need to win a lot for me to be entertained. But I need to see an exciting product at least. I'd rather watch a 25 win team with young upside talent growing together than a dry 40 win roster with boring style and 1st round exit.

The casuals will lose interest gradually if the roster doesn't get that talent addition.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,487

Re: Masai Ujiri 'feels for the fans' as rebuilding Raptors raise ticket prices again 

Post#42 » by Bankai » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:45 pm

Probably cheaper to fly to Miami to watch the Raptors play to be honest, and it would be a more fun trip.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,058

Post#43 » by ontnut » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:49 pm

DelAbbot wrote:This is why we should all support tanking for a few years - it will lower prices for the real fans

I don't think prices will ever be lowered. They may not raise them. But they will not lower them.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,683

Post#44 » by C_Money » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:52 pm

MEDIC wrote:I haven't paid for Raptors tickets in years. When I see the cost, I can think of so many more things to do with that money that provide better value. You could spend up to $1000 (or more) for the night. Opposing stars could choose to not play. The Raptors could play like crap. I have been to some amazing/ exciting games over the years, but I have also been to some games that were unwatchable. It's a gamble.

I still watch ball, but I look for other opportunities (905 games when they are good or have interesting prospects (watched GLeague Ignite last season with Scoot), Team Canada games, NCAA games, Biosteel All Canadian games, etc). We went to a Brampton Honeybadgers (CEBL) game last year, & I was surprised how competitive the game was (more competitive than most NBA games). I was also surprised how skilled some of the players were. RJ Barrett happened to be at that game watching (he was with the Knicks at the time). He took the time to sign my son's ball & have a picture taken with him. Good dude. My son also met Koloko ast a 905 game & got a pic with him (as well as other NBA level gleaguers). You generally don't have that up close & personal experience at Scotiabank. It's kind of like watching a concert at Rebel vs at Scotiabank.

Some people might like going to Scotiabank for the atmosphere (it can be amazing at times), but I am mostly there for the basketball. I have found watching alternative leagues still gives me my basketball fix & allows my son to watch some quality ball.

My son plays Rep ball, so it keeps us pretty busy going to games/ practices. We don't have a ton of time on our hands.

Agreed, CEBL is legit and highly competitive. I’m looking forward to going to more games this summer.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,894

Post#45 » by Duffman100 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:00 pm

wegotthabeet wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:Real easy, don't buy tickets.

About 6 years ago I deemed the ticket prices to be too high in relation to the product. I'd rather sit at home on my couch and drink reasonably priced beer while watching on a 70 inch TV.

Though, with kids now I want them to experience it at some point.

Are we pretending corporate entities don’t just scoop them up and then write them off? This isn’t the 80s, there’s no more voting with your wallet for the average person.

I'm not saying it'll reduce the ticket price.

I'm saying you don't pay those ticket prices and use your money for other things.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,602

Post#46 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:07 pm

I'm perfectly happy watching a rebuilding team, if the FO is actually committed to the process. Having said that, **** Rogers/Bell/MLSE.
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,606

Post#47 » by Ackshun » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:17 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Team doesn't need to win a lot for me to be entertained. But I need to see an exciting product at least. I'd rather watch a 25 win team with young upside talent growing together than a dry 40 win roster with boring style and 1st round exit.

The casuals will lose interest gradually if the roster doesn't get that talent addition.

Pretty much my thoughts.

That said, life things take up a lot of time and I’m finding less and less time for my sports.

Kawhi ball was “can’t miss” basketball but I haven’t felt the same since. But im excited to see our guys grow now.
alpngso
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,341

Post#48 » by alpngso » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:25 pm

we put out crap product but pay gold for it - MLSE
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,592

Post#49 » by SFour » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:47 pm

I was hoping tanking would result in lower prices not higher....but I guess that was just wishful thinking...can't expect that from a business owned by Rogers/Bell.
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,150

Post#50 » by MiamiSPX » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:49 pm

Bankai wrote:Probably cheaper to fly to Miami to watch the Raptors play to be honest, and it would be a more fun trip.

Heat have emailed me twice today about tickets remaining for tonight. I clicked just for fun and there are hundreds, if not thousands, of upper bowl tickets to be had for $55-75 USD. I'd go if I hadn't already committed to something else. I can't even guess what that would be in Toronto if they were playing tonight.250? 300?
Michael Jordan
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,793

Post#51 » by Michael Jordan » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:55 pm

Put together a product that's capable of winning a playoff series, until then I think fans should be cautious about spending money on home games.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#52 » by Scase » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:56 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:

About 6 years ago I deemed the ticket prices to be too high in relation to the product. I'd rather sit at home on my couch and drink reasonably priced beer while watching on a 70 inch TV.

Are we pretending corporate entities don’t just scoop them up and then write them off? This isn’t the 80s, there’s no more voting with your wallet for the average person.

I'm saying you don't pay those ticket prices and use your money for other things.

I hear sports betting is a great outlet!
Props TZ!
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,894

Post#53 » by Duffman100 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:57 pm

Scase wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:

I hear sports betting is a great outlet!

I would definitely bet the under on myself.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,036

Post#54 » by DelAbbot » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:20 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
Bankai wrote:Probably cheaper to fly to Miami to watch the Raptors play to be honest, and it would be a more fun trip.

Heat have emailed me twice today about tickets remaining for tonight. I clicked just for fun and there are hundreds, if not thousands, of upper bowl tickets to be had for $55-75 USD. I'd go if I hadn't already committed to something else. I can't even guess what that would be in Toronto if they were playing tonight.250? 300?

"Play-in elimination game is as exciting as finals game 7"
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,121

Post#55 » by tecumseh18 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:33 pm

[/quote]

You gave them up SIX years ago? That's not quite the flex you seem to think it is.

2024 - 6 years = 2018. Raptors had just topped the Eastern Conference with the second best record in the league. And they swept the season series against the top Western Conference Rockets. Arguably, they were the best team in the league.

Yeah, yeah, then they were swept out of the second round. Which motivated them to trade for Kawhi. I'll never regret not having seasons tickets that year.
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,952

Post#56 » by refshateRaps » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:50 pm

The business case isn't there and I personally feel the atmosphere is far too commercialized and corny these days which takes away from someone who use to just love the game.

Always been baffled by the people that excessively consume massively overpriced food in a box for 3 hours. Tho whenever we do attend with free tix it has become a great lesson to teach my kids about why some people have poor health and cant save money.
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant

Post#57 » by refshateRaps » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:03 pm

Also Ujiri should only 'feel for the fans' for his absence at his job and nothing more in recent years.

The fact they can raise prices following such landslide mishandling of the team the last few years shows us exactly why it was allowed to happen.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#58 » by Scase » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:06 pm

refshateRaps wrote:The business case isn't there and I personally feel the atmosphere is far too commercialized and corny these days which takes away from someone who use to just love the game.

Always been baffled by the people that excessively consume massively overpriced food in a box for 3 hours. Tho whenever we do attend with free tix it has become a great lesson to teach my kids about why some people have poor health and cant save money.

This is a bit of a limited world view IMO. If I go out to a game and eat a bunch of junk food and blow money on it, that doesn't mean I am unhealthy nor incapable of saving money.

People have cheat days, people splurge when they go out for entertainment etc. And others, that money doesn't even make a dent. I'm not here to tell you how to parent, but painting everyone with the same brush is a pretty bad lesson to teach.
Props TZ!
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant

Post#59 » by refshateRaps » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:16 pm

Scase wrote:
refshateRaps wrote:The business case isn't there and I personally feel the atmosphere is far too commercialized and corny these days which takes away from someone who use to just love the game.

This is a bit of a limited world view IMO. If I go out to a game and eat a bunch of junk food and blow money on it, that doesn't mean I am unhealthy nor incapable of saving money.

People have cheat days, people splurge when they go out for entertainment etc. And others, that money doesn't even make a dent. I'm not here to tell you how to parent, but painting everyone with the same brush is a pretty bad lesson to teach.

I'm not here to tell you how to read but as I said 'some people'. Which is far from 'painting everyone' with the same brush. And to be fair we get to go to many games so I understand those making an outing. But ya my kids certainly get amazing great business lessons with the fun games we play when entering money traps.
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,294

Post#60 » by brownbobcat » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:18 pm

Might get some through work/friends once in a blue moon, but I haven't bought a ticket in over 20 years.

Return to Toronto Raptors