ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj: Expect a lot of player movement this summer

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,289

Re: Woj: Expect a lot of player movement this summer 

Post#41 » by ruckus » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:13 pm

DG88 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=MX59ZC013dDJXBehbOZDTA&s=19

Portal is not a thing, Woj! Stop trying to make portal a thing.
Mak
RealGM
And1: 4,591

Post#42 » by Mak » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:14 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sabonis is 27, Fox is 26 and Keegan is 23. I don’t know if they need to do anything but just let the team play out and get better. They have to keep Monk. Maybe make some other minor changes but dramatic? I dont know.
GP2
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,543

Post#43 » by GP2 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:33 pm

I'd love to see teams let players walk more often, without having to do some asset management gymnastics. Maybe introduce sandwich picks from baseball.
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,381

Post#44 » by PushDaRock » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:35 pm

Parity in the NBA is something else. 46 wins and not making the playoffs just feels weird.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,606

Post#45 » by Tor_Raps » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:43 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:Getting Wiggins makes no sense for us. People need to move on from that idea.

Other than he is actually a decent fit in the SL and that we would be getting him on the condition of receiving additional assets - sure... he does not fit at all.

Exactly. We will not be giving up assets to get Wiggins but actually be getting assets back.

How do people think we got RJ? He was a salary dump for the Knicks in that trade, which we have turned around nicely. Let's hope we can do the same with Wiggins but if not, those additional assets should still make the trade worth it.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,606

Post#46 » by Tor_Raps » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:50 pm

Spida888 wrote:Unless Klay takes a big pay cut, I think GSW may just let him walk instead of giving up young/future assets to get rid of Wiggins' contract at this juncture.

It's one thing to keep Klay and appease Steph if Klay was still playing well, but dude is inconsistent at this point in his career and isn't worth a big contract. Even if they bring him back, that team will be close to a play-in team again next year.

Like I agree with you that this is the rational approach from the outside but Klay just isn't another player. When you win 4 championships for a team, you get different leeway.

Klay already rejected a 2/48 contract extension earlier in the year. There have already been reports that the Warriors are seeking a trade for Wiggins, which is why this is being talked about.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,620

Post#47 » by OakleyDokely » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:51 pm

As much as people say you can't build around Trae, a Barnes/Trae combo is intriguing.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,435

Post#48 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:00 pm

The only way this team is going to be able to add a good young player is through trade or draft. The Raptors may not get a very good player this year considering how bad this draft is, so the other option is trading for a bad contract with either a good prospect or great pick attached. A Wiggins with one of their very good young players attacked is a viable option but the Raptors really have nothing that would make sense now that Siakam and OG are already gone.

If you can get podz or Moody and pick with Wiggins, you have to seriously consider it. Wiggins fills a need as a primary defender who can fill in that hole while you get a great young player or two. This is a team that was paying Thad, Porter, Boucher and Temple who they weren't using. Wiggins can actually give you more than all of them.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,778

Post#49 » by ArthurVandelay » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:11 pm

Since when does Woj reporting mean anything any more?

Breaking stuff that has happened…no one better.

Predicting? Nah. That is Windy’s game.

Woj is a mouthpiece. Anything predicting he puts out is because someone has motive.

And yes, I’m still bitter on his reporting Raptors will get value/young player-pick for Brown. Damn you Woj. Damn you.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,620

Post#50 » by OakleyDokely » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:15 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:Since when does Woj reporting mean anything any more?

Breaking stuff that has happened…no one better.

Predicting? Nah. That is Windy’s game.

Woj is a mouthpiece. Anything predicting he puts out is because someone has motive.

And yes, I’m still bitter on his reporting Raptors will get value/young player-pick for Brown. Damn you Woj. Damn you.
The NBA offseason is usually pretty exciting, sometimes more exciting than what's happening on the court, so he isn't exactly making a bold prediction.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,688

Post#51 » by C_Money » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:18 pm

ruckus wrote:
DG88 wrote:
Read on Twitter

What does he even mean by that? Players entering the NBA portal.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,778

Post#52 » by ArthurVandelay » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:24 pm

C_Money wrote:
ruckus wrote:
DG88 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Players asking for a trade.

New mantra is “secure the bag, then worry about where you want to shag.” (Jokes that is my personal mantra)

He’s trying to play off the NCAA transfer portal but the difference there is players can leave when they want and get to actually pick where they want to go based on who is interested. Whereas in the NBA the player needs to get his team to agree and complete a trade.

It’d be like Ingram leaving Stanford last year and then Stanford having ability to say, “No Harrison, you can’t go to UNC.”

If there was actually a transfer portal in the nba, Lillard would have been in Miami this year.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,605

Post#53 » by 2019nbachamps » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:42 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
2019nbachamps wrote:Getting Wiggins makes no sense for us. People need to move on from that idea.

Other than he is actually a decent fit in the SL and that we would be getting him on the condition of receiving additional assets - sure... he does not fit at all.

Exactly. We will not be giving up assets to get Wiggins but actually be getting assets back.

How do people think we got RJ? He was a salary dump for the Knicks in that trade, which we have turned around nicely. Let's hope we can do the same with Wiggins but if not, those additional assets should still make the trade worth it.

The Warriors were unwilling to part with assets for Siakam. You really think they view Bruce Brown, Boucher, and McDaniels as vital pieces to their turnaround. Some of you are delusional. We have nothing to offer them and Wiggins is too inconsistent as well as too old for our core.
Nebuchadnezzar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,864

Post#54 » by Nebuchadnezzar » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:45 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Other than he is actually a decent fit in the SL and that we would be getting him on the condition of receiving additional assets - sure... he does not fit at all.

The Warriors were unwilling to part with assets for Siakam. You really think they view Bruce Brown, Boucher, and McDaniels as vital pieces to their turnaround. Some of you are delusional. We have nothing to offer them and Wiggins is too inconsistent as well as too old for our core.

You may be right about the assets - but we don't need any more 23-24 year olds. You need to compliment the youth with players in their late 20s and older.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,907

Post#55 » by Merit » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:45 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:
Jcity08 wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't know how likely they would be moving keegan murray but what a prize that would be.

They should have gone after Siakam or OG with Keegan. Although the leaks made it sound like neither would have re-signed with them.

Agreed. Hindsight is 20/20
I believe in Masai.
Merit
Head Coach

Post#56 » by Merit » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:05 pm

AkelaLoneWolf wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:Said it elsewhere but Bruce Brown + McDaniels for Wiggins + the right amount of assets to make it worth the Wiggins contract. I think Moody + 1st Rounder would be perfect.

Like RJ was, Wiggins is currently seen as a bad contract but the man will only makes 2M more than Bruce Brown. He's had some family issues so maybe playing closer to his family and one motivation of playing in Toronto can make him return to the guy he was during the 2022 Warriors Championship run.

Even if he doesn't, his wing defense can still be helpful in the starting lineup and we will get those additional assets for the trouble. These are the type of chances we will need to take this offseason because we truly don't have much to lose lol.

IQ/ Draft Pick or Free Agent
RJ/ Dick
Wiggins/ Ochai
Barnes/ Olynyk
Poeltl/ Draft Pick or Free Agent

It’s a mistake to see Wiggins anything more than he is right now. He is an above average role player. If you’re happy with that kind of contribution with his contract then sure. It’s a 4 year commitment.

He’s fine as he is if he stays comfortable with his role and can lead a bench unit in scoring. I’m good with his contract, upside and the assets we would receive to add his skill to our lineup.
I believe in Masai.
Merit
Head Coach

Post#57 » by Merit » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:07 pm

2019nbachamps wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Other than he is actually a decent fit in the SL and that we would be getting him on the condition of receiving additional assets - sure... he does not fit at all.

Different times.
I believe in Masai.
Merit
Head Coach

Post#58 » by Merit » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:09 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:
C_Money wrote:
ruckus wrote:

Players asking for a trade.

New mantra is “secure the bag, then worry about where you want to shag.” (Jokes that is my personal mantra)

He’s trying to play off the NCAA transfer portal but the difference there is players can leave when they want and get to actually pick where they want to go based on who is interested. Whereas in the NBA the player needs to get his team to agree and complete a trade.

It’d be like Ingram leaving Stanford last year and then Stanford having ability to say, “No Harrison, you can’t go to UNC.”

If there was actually a transfer portal in the nba, Lillard would have been in Miami this year.

And1 for the mantra
I believe in Masai.
TimeForChange
Sixth Man
And1: 1,406

Post#59 » by TimeForChange » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:14 pm

C_Money wrote:
ruckus wrote:
DG88 wrote:
Read on Twitter

he's comparing it to the transfer portal in college
TimeForChange
Sixth Man
And1: 1,406

Post#60 » by TimeForChange » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:15 pm

Not too many teams who need to shed a $23m contract, but if a team needs to, they could just trade for Brown and waive him before his salary is guaranteed on June 28th. Draft is June 26th and 27th.

That's really the only move I see the Raptors making this summer.

Return to Toronto Raptors