ImageImageImageImageImage

Who are your rooting for in this year's playoffs (ex-Raptors, Canadian Players)?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Who are your rooting for in this year's playoffs (ex-Raptors, Canadian Players)?

LAC (Kawhi and Norm)?
2%
Philly (Kyle Lowry but Nick Nurse)?
6%
Indy (Pascal)?
8%
NYK (OG, Precious)?
13%
OKC and SGA?
21%
Denver and Jamal?
28%
Other team - who and why?
6%
Other play - who and why?
No votes
Raps over everything, no Raps, no watch, don't care.
17%

Total votes: 53

Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,794

Re: Who are your rooting for in this year's playoffs (ex-Raptors, Canadian Players)? 

Post#21 » by Dennis 37 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:37 pm

When the playoffs don't include the Raptors I am not for anyone. I am against the Lakers. I will tune in the last 5 minutes if there is a possibility they will lose. The sooner the Lakers are out the better for the integrity of the league.

My preference would be the Nuggets, not that I care all that much, but just because they are a small market league non-favourite team of whom the advertisers probably loathe.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
mieshpal
Veteran
And1: 2,006

Re: Who are your rooting for in this year's playoffs (ex-Raptors, Canadian Players)? 

Post#22 » by mieshpal » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:31 pm

Corson27 wrote:Minny and Ant-man. Fun player and good for the league when smaller markets actually become legitimate title contenders.
Good for the league...silver is that you? The league will be fine no matter if they win or lose

Sent from my Pixel 8 using RealGM mobile app
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,059

Post#23 » by ontnut » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:48 pm

I have money on BOS winning the chip, but I'm not actively rooting for them.
Other than that...I don't really have a horse in the race. OKC winning would be kinda cool. Wouldn't mind DEN too.
I think I'd rather a West team win, just cuz. And like most others here, I'd like to see PHI lose ASAP.
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,750

Post#24 » by metafisical » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:24 pm

I cheer for the Knicks. Always loved them and especially this season with OG. I hope they beat Boston and win the championship.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,883

Post#25 » by Zeno » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:44 pm

I can’t believe it has come to this, but I’m actually pulling for Philly. I never believed in Embiid as being truly great until earlier this year and now I feel actually kind of bad for him. Plus I want the Knicks to flame out and think they need Randle…plus Dolan is a complete ass and Kyle is on Philly too.

Out west, Denver losing would be kind of good for Bruce Brown trade value but I can’t think of another team I’d want to win. Maybe OKC but I want Shai to get rest ahead of the summer games. I don’t want Wolves to succeed for some reason, not sure why. Lakers, Clippers, Mavs are definitely not for me. So I guess I want Philly over Denver in the finals.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
kwajo
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,227

Post#26 » by kwajo » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:20 pm

Pulling for Denver because of Jokic but also because of Murray as a Canadian boy and their overall play style.
SGA I would love to have a great postseason debut, but part of me wants the Thunder to get eliminated quickly so that Shai is rested and motivated before the Olympics.
”I’m just a man, standing in front of a Raptor, asking them to love me.”
blackcosmos
Junior
And1: 418

Post#27 » by blackcosmos » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:58 am

I have a soft spot for JV

Go Pels
mrdressup
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,268

Post#28 » by mrdressup » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:50 pm

Rooting for NY and Philly to lose.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,203

Post#29 » by YogurtProducer » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:06 pm

kwajo wrote:Pulling for Denver because of Jokic but also because of Murray as a Canadian boy and their overall play style.
SGA I would love to have a great postseason debut, but part of me wants the Thunder to get eliminated quickly so that Shai is rested and motivated before the Olympics.

And part of me wants OKC to constantly be embarrassed so SGA bails :lol:
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,808

Post#30 » by WaltFrazier » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:16 pm

kwajo wrote:Pulling for Denver because of Jokic but also because of Murray as a Canadian boy and their overall play style.

But it would be nice for Murray to be rested as much as SGA. Not going to happen though, just have to hope all Canadians come through the playoffs healthy.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,808

Post#31 » by WaltFrazier » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:19 pm

Obviously Knicks. I have to say it's nice to be caught up in a playoff run as a fan of a team.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
mihaic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,084

Post#32 » by mihaic » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:22 pm

I would like for Minny to win it all. I like how they play. If they can keep Gobert playable, they have a chance. I think it could have been a coaching issue in Utah, but we will see.

if not Minny, then , Denver
Stromile12
Head Coach
And1: 13,240

Post#33 » by Stromile12 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:28 pm

Rooting for SGA to stay healthy for Olympics
manjusaka
Senior
And1: 431

Post#34 » by manjusaka » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:34 pm

Voted for Nuggets and Murray. But also cheering for SGA and OG.

Return to Toronto Raptors