ImageImageImageImageImage

Any Shooting Guards available?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,269

Re: Any Shooting Guards available? 

Post#41 » by Raptorfan2012 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:40 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
Chandan wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:I mentioned this in another thread but I think the last thing we need right now is another SG.

We already have Barrett, Dick and Agbaji. If you're going to add to that group, it needs to be a veteran who is going to towel wave and assist in the development of the young guys we do have. If anything, we should be looking to dump Brown, Boucher and McDaniels (if possible) for some assets while taking no salary back. In addition, do not resign Trent.

Use the money saved on all of those guys and sign Patrick Williams. Break the MLE in two and sign Gordan Hayward and Taurean Prince. Use the veterans minimum on Biyombo and Lowry.

If we keep #6, take Holland or Williams or trade down. If you managed to get one of these guys, renouce Nwora. If you didn't, sign Nwora to a minimum deal. At #17, take Devin Carter. Then you re-up Quickley to $100M/4yrs.

Quickley/Lowry/Carter
Barrett/Dick/Agbaji
Williams/Holland/Hayward
Barnes/Prince
Poeltl/Olynyk/Biyombo

+ whatever you got for Brown & Boucher

lol wut? you want even LESS shooting and spacing? I dont want to see GTJ here anymore, but the solution isn't Patrick Williams.

What's the problem with Williams if he's coming cheap?

Isn't he an RFA? Definitely won't come cheap (or the Bulls will just re-sign him).
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,588

Post#42 » by DG88 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:54 pm

Need to draft one
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,902

Post#43 » by Duffman100 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:57 pm

Raptorfan2012 wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
Chandan wrote:
lol wut? you want even LESS shooting and spacing? I dont want to see GTJ here anymore, but the solution isn't Patrick Williams.

Isn't he an RFA? Definitely won't come cheap (or the Bulls will just re-sign him).

Him and Coby are the only things the bulls have. They’ll resign
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,166

Post#44 » by MiamiSPX » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:04 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
Raptorfan2012 wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:

Let's not underestimate how truly awful that FO has been. You never know.....
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,902

Post#45 » by Duffman100 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:15 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
Raptorfan2012 wrote:

True that. :lol:
TorontoRapsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,368

Post#46 » by TorontoRapsFan » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:25 pm

Lonnie Walker IV
mihaic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,084

Post#47 » by mihaic » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:38 pm

Vampirate wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
mihaic wrote:From that list we will probably get Quickley, GTJ and Bruce Brown.

Haha. Isn't IQ a given anyway. A few have mentioned him. I wonder if any teams will give him a big offer to force Raps to match?

Orlando, go look at their playoff shooting numbers thus far.

Orlando will have to tread carefully as we could return the favour soon and go after their FA.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#48 » by dagger » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:41 pm

I'm not for spending any large multi-year contracts at this stage unless the Raptors a) don't keep their own pick, and b) opt to be a cap space team by declining the Bruce Brown option. The exception is Quickley, but no to any others. Rebuilding is a process, and locking into contracts for non-stars is a ticket to becoming the new Bulls or Hawks. Just go about growth methodically, and if that makes for another crappy season, followed by a good 2025 draft, so be it.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,456

Post#49 » by Rapsfan07 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:32 pm

dagger wrote:I'm not for spending any large multi-year contracts at this stage unless the Raptors a) don't keep their own pick, and b) opt to be a cap space team by declining the Bruce Brown option. The exception is Quickley, but no to any others. Rebuilding is a process, and locking into contracts for non-stars is a ticket to becoming the new Bulls or Hawks. Just go about growth methodically, and if that makes for another crappy season, followed by a good 2025 draft, so be it.

Don't really think we have a choice since we have a huge hole at that SF position.

For what it's worth though, I do think we're much better off declining Brown's option either way.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,456

Post#50 » by Rapsfan07 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:38 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
MiamiSPX wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

True that. :lol:

I think they'll resign him as well but we have to at least try.
grant101
Pro Prospect
And1: 557

Post#51 » by grant101 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:56 pm

How has nobody mentioned Isaiah Joe?? The man is a legit flamethrower, posts a decent steals rate and is still young. He can also probably be had at a fraction of the cost as OKC is going to run into a serious roster and salary crunch in the coming years.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,620

Post#52 » by OakleyDokely » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:25 pm

Give me some Naji Marshall.
Potential
RealGM
And1: 43,999

Post#53 » by Potential » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:15 pm

Immanuel Quickley
Devin Booker
RJ Barrett
Scottie Barnes
Jakob Poeltl
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,688

Post#54 » by C_Money » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:21 pm

grant101 wrote:How has nobody mentioned Isaiah Joe?? The man is a legit flamethrower, posts a decent steals rate and is still young. He can also probably be had at a fraction of the cost as OKC is going to run into a serious roster and salary crunch in the coming years.

He gives me Steph Curry vibes with some of the 3’s he hits. The guy is such a good shooter.
YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,490

Post#55 » by YelloC » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:00 pm

TorontoRapsFan wrote:Lonnie Walker IV

I definitely like Lonnie Walker as a nice bench addition. There’s enough versatility in his game to fit into different combinations without being a liability. The Raptors seem like the perfect fit for his career.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,888

Post#56 » by Zeno » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:14 pm

C_Money wrote:
grant101 wrote:How has nobody mentioned Isaiah Joe?? The man is a legit flamethrower, posts a decent steals rate and is still young. He can also probably be had at a fraction of the cost as OKC is going to run into a serious roster and salary crunch in the coming years.

He gives me Steph Curry vibes with some of the 3’s he hits. The guy is such a good shooter.

He’s under contract for 24/25 on a minimum contract team option. OKC either picks up that option or if they can get him to agree to longer term deal, decline it. Because of that, I don’t think he is going anywhere soon.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,888

Post#57 » by Zeno » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:22 pm

Given the Wolves financial issues, do you think Minny might consider trading NAW into our TPE for the #19 pick? He is only making 4.3 million but it is the last year of his deal and there is absolutely no way they can afford to pay him beyond next year.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
islandboy53
Pro Prospect
And1: 505

Post#58 » by islandboy53 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:36 pm

OKC has a $2.1 million team option on Joe. He's not going anywhere.
grant101
Pro Prospect
And1: 557

Post#59 » by grant101 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:58 pm

islandboy53 wrote:

OKC has a $2.1 million team option on Joe. He's not going anywhere.

Oops. Looks like I misread the contract info. Guess we missed our chance after Philly waived him
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,884

Post#60 » by agkagk » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:38 am

rapluva wrote:https://hoopshype.com/lists/2024-nba-free-agent-rankings-top-shooting-guards-available/

From the list above, I say Raps should make a run at Malik Beasley..looking for a bump in salary but may be cheaper than keeping GT Jr.

Malik Monk is nice but I don't see him wanting to come play in Canada.

There might be some big names available but realistically, they are not options for the Raptors.

Ofcourse, Garry is ok, but honestly I feel he is a gunner that should come off the bench with Gradey. We need a backup point and a Center as well.. that's where they should experiment with their 2 way players.

Beasley.

Goid pull man.

Right away my eyes went wide reading your post.

Theres a sentiment on this board to bring in lowry as our back up veteran pg — makes sense and he would be AMAZING for mentoring quickley’s half court playmaking.

Imo Fast tracking-slash-prioritizing Quickley’s half court execution needs to be paramount for management— too much riding on him as our floor general.

Buuuuuut, lowry CANNOT play at our pace.

Beasely wont do sheet for quickleys development, but he can play pg minutes, replace trent for around 10 million and compliment dick whos getting some trent minutes next season.

Beas would fit our run n gun style and grit and grind culture.

We can always sign a vet min player coach type as our third pg — any darrick martin types out there?

Anyways, long point long, beas would be an excellent fit in terms of price, role definition, roster construction, culture etc….

Dick at 5 million ish
Beas at 10 ish

Vs trent around 18 - 20

Its a much better complimenting fit and given that dicks already on the roster, we’d basically have net 10 million to play with (over simplified, yes, but close enough).

Good food for thought o.p

Cheers

Return to Toronto Raptors