ImageImageImageImageImage

Any Shooting Guards available?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Potential
RealGM
And1: 43,999

Re: Any Shooting Guards available? 

Post#21 » by Potential » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:46 pm

Not really a shooting guard but I want Trey Murphy III on our team
positivetension
Veteran
And1: 1,138

Post#22 » by positivetension » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:48 pm

ruckus wrote:
AkelaLoneWolf wrote:We’re set at the 1 and 2 spots with quickley and Barrett. At the back up 2 also if Trent ends up staying. Assuming Barnes is slotted at the 4 spot, we need a 3 in the worst way.
Not sure who is available who would want to come here.

Patrick Williams would be an interesting target at the 3/4. Not sure what the Bulls would be willing to match and what salary he would command.

Despite his injury history I kinda like what he brings and he's already friendly with Scottie. It would be a good contrast to Gradey's game.

I was buying the PWill hype a few years back but he hasn't improved and he's invisible on offense. He's gonna try to get paid off of potential but I don't think he's worth more than the MLE and he's clearly gunning for more.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,808

Post#23 » by WaltFrazier » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:14 pm

mihaic wrote:From that list we will probably get Quickley, GTJ and Bruce Brown.

Haha. Isn't IQ a given anyway. A few have mentioned him. I wonder if any teams will give him a big offer to force Raps to match?
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,158

Post#24 » by PoundTown » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:24 pm

One of Caleb Martin, Haywood Highsmith. I'm guessing the Heat can't afford both and they have a lot of depth at the 3 and 4 spots.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,582

Post#25 » by DreamTeam09 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:26 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:

Haha. Isn't IQ a given anyway. A few have mentioned him. I wonder if any teams will give him a big offer to force Raps to match?

When's the last time an offer sheet happened? It would only happen if there's blood in the water and that's not the case here. If Austin Reeves didn't get an offer sheet last yr I don't think we're gonna see one anytime soon...
U gotta wait 8 days after FA to even offer and then upto another 48hrs to see if they match...

If I was the Spurs I would've given Reeves 4yrs 80+ last year to pair with wemby, see if LA would've matched that.

In Raptor Ball I Trust
mihaic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,084

Post#26 » by mihaic » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:27 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:

Sounds like a Brian Colangelo tactic :)
I hope not, we don't want to overpay. Philly (has Maxey), Detroit (cade), who else has cap space? We will pay more than MLE anyways
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,158

Post#27 » by PoundTown » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:27 pm

positivetension wrote:
ruckus wrote:
AkelaLoneWolf wrote:We’re set at the 1 and 2 spots with quickley and Barrett. At the back up 2 also if Trent ends up staying. Assuming Barnes is slotted at the 4 spot, we need a 3 in the worst way.
Not sure who is available who would want to come here.

Patrick Williams would be an interesting target at the 3/4. Not sure what the Bulls would be willing to match and what salary he would command.

Despite his injury history I kinda like what he brings and he's already friendly with Scottie. It would be a good contrast to Gradey's game.

I was buying the PWill hype a few years back but he hasn't improved and he's invisible on offense. He's gonna try to get paid off of potential but I don't think he's worth more than the MLE and he's clearly gunning for more.

Yeah, hasn't really shown much of any development. He does the bare minimum out there. Turns out to be Charlotte version of Marvin Williams at best, in my opinion.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,457

Post#28 » by Rapsfan07 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:37 pm

I mentioned this in another thread but I think the last thing we need right now is another SG.

We already have Barrett, Dick and Agbaji. If you're going to add to that group, it needs to be a veteran who is going to towel wave and assist in the development of the young guys we do have. If anything, we should be looking to dump Brown, Boucher and McDaniels (if possible) for some assets while taking no salary back. In addition, do not resign Trent.

Use the money saved on all of those guys and sign Patrick Williams. Break the MLE in two and sign Gordan Hayward and Taurean Prince. Use the veterans minimum on Biyombo and Lowry.

If we keep #6, take Holland or Williams or trade down. If you managed to get one of these guys, renouce Nwora. If you didn't, sign Nwora to a minimum deal. At #17, take Devin Carter. Then you re-up Quickley to $100M/4yrs.

Quickley/Lowry/Carter
Barrett/Dick/Agbaji
Williams/Holland/Hayward
Barnes/Prince
Poeltl/Olynyk/Biyombo

+ whatever you got for Brown & Boucher

EDIT: You probably won't find a deal for Brown without taking anything back - he's too overpaid now so chances are you'd have to pay to move him if you don't want salary back. Thankfully, we can just decline his option. As far as Boucher goes, you might be able to extract some value from the Grizzlies in a Boucher + McDaniels for Clarke + Kennard swap, since they need to save some present and future dollars.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,159

Post#29 » by Chandan » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:49 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:I mentioned this in another thread but I think the last thing we need right now is another SG.

We already have Barrett, Dick and Agbaji. If you're going to add to that group, it needs to be a veteran who is going to towel wave and assist in the development of the young guys we do have. If anything, we should be looking to dump Brown, Boucher and McDaniels (if possible) for some assets while taking no salary back. In addition, do not resign Trent.

Use the money saved on all of those guys and sign Patrick Williams. Break the MLE in two and sign Gordan Hayward and Taurean Prince. Use the veterans minimum on Biyombo and Lowry.

If we keep #6, take Holland or Williams or trade down. If you managed to get one of these guys, renouce Nwora. If you didn't, sign Nwora to a minimum deal. At #17, take Devin Carter. Then you re-up Quickley to $100M/4yrs.

Quickley/Lowry/Carter
Barrett/Dick/Agbaji
Williams/Holland/Hayward
Barnes/Prince
Poeltl/Olynyk/Biyombo

lol wut? you want even LESS shooting and spacing? I dont want to see GTJ here anymore, but the solution isn't Patrick Williams.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,457

Post#30 » by Rapsfan07 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:37 pm

Chandan wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:I mentioned this in another thread but I think the last thing we need right now is another SG.

Quickley/Lowry/Carter
Barrett/Dick/Agbaji
Williams/Holland/Hayward
Barnes/Prince
Poeltl/Olynyk/Biyombo

lol wut? you want even LESS shooting and spacing? I dont want to see GTJ here anymore, but the solution isn't Patrick Williams.

What's the problem with Williams if he's coming cheap?
wayoftheroad
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,813

Post#31 » by wayoftheroad » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:54 am

Bring demar home
S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,518

Post#32 » by S.W.A.N » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:22 am

A three and D wing who can defend the 2-4 spots is what we really want. We need O. G. or as close as we can get.
We the North
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,650

Post#33 » by Psubs » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:37 am

I think the SG really isn't needed with the age of jumbo creators, and combo-guards. Dick and Barrett can cover up SG. Also JFL would be the 3rd PG and 3rd SG.

I think could just draft Castle, Reed, Sallis
ConSarnit
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,710

Post#34 » by ConSarnit » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:40 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:I'm gonna beat this l drum to death until a better name pops up but I'm taking Wiggins simply because Gstate would have to attach assets with him.

We need to be like OKC who was getting players like CP, Horford, etc. with assets to rebuild their value and then flipping them off elsewhere when the time was right.

I don’t see why GSW pays to dump Wiggins. If they are trying to save salary they can opt out CP3 and they’ll be $30m under the tax. If they are going to make a major move they’re going to need assets and that means not sending them out with Wiggins.

I would want 2 1sts to take on the final 3 years of Wiggins. If the Warriors meet that price they’ll have nothing left to trade for another star (or really good starter).

I don’t disagree with the idea of taking on money + draft assets I just don’t see why GSW does it.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,612

Post#35 » by Tor_Raps » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:44 pm

ConSarnit wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:I'm gonna beat this l drum to death until a better name pops up but I'm taking Wiggins simply because Gstate would have to attach assets with him.

We need to be like OKC who was getting players like CP, Horford, etc. with assets to rebuild their value and then flipping them off elsewhere when the time was right.

I don’t see why GSW pays to dump Wiggins. If they are trying to save salary they can opt out CP3 and they’ll be $30m under the tax. If they are going to make a major move they’re going to need assets and that means not sending them out with Wiggins.

I would want 2 1sts to take on the final 3 years of Wiggins. If the Warriors meet that price they’ll have nothing left to trade for another star (or really good starter).

I don’t disagree with the idea of taking on money + draft assets I just don’t see why GSW does it.

It was based on the article that said gstate is exploring Wiggins trades. Just makes sense that they'll go down this road while trying to keep klay for Steph/Draymond.

Obviously if gstate won't meet our asking price then we move on. I just meant it if gstate really wanted to move off him, which I can see being the case. He has underperformed and also left the team for several games for personal reasons. They could be sick of his crap lol.
ConSarnit
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,710

Post#36 » by ConSarnit » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:48 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
ConSarnit wrote:

It was based on the article that said gstate is exploring Wiggins trades. Just makes sense that they'll go down this road while trying to keep klay for Steph/Draymond.

Obviously if gstate won't meet our asking price then we move on. I just meant it if gstate really wanted to move off him, which I can see being the case. He has underperformed and also left the team for several games for personal reasons. They could be sick of his crap lol.

I can definitely see GSW wanting to move Wiggins but that doesn’t mean they’re willing to give up assets to do so. Some team might talk themselves into Wiggins and be willing to take him on for free or for very minimal assets. I just can’t see a world in which GSW is willing to pay the price we need to take on Wiggins.

I highly doubt GSW is willing to pay anything of significance to get off of Wiggins given the downstream effects it would cause on their ability to build a strong team. And if they’re just doing it for cost cutting reasons they have other avenues to do so (cutting CP3).
Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,689

Post#37 » by Vampirate » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:08 am

WaltFrazier wrote:

Orlando, go look at their playoff shooting numbers thus far.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,159

Post#38 » by Chandan » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:10 am

mrdressup wrote:Gary Trent Jr is the type of guy we'd have a chance at if we he didn't already play for us. I think you go for Quickly off that list.

That's part is totally true. We look at the numbers he's still intriguing. But you watch the game he makes you pull your hair out.
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,166

Post#39 » by MiamiSPX » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:19 pm

CJ McCollum will probably be available if you're willing to absorb the 2 years and 64M remaining. Great guy and mentor. The question is what NO is willing to pay to get off of that contract.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,904

Post#40 » by Duffman100 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:24 pm

Chandan wrote:

Quickley/Lowry/Carter
Barrett/Dick/Agbaji
Williams/Holland/Hayward
Barnes/Prince
Poeltl/Olynyk/Biyombo

He’s only 22 and shoots 40% from 3. Granted only on 2.8 attempts.

I’m more worried about his injuries but he would slot in decently.

Return to Toronto Raptors