ImageImageImageImageImage

ESPN Dude Hating on Bosh's Commercial

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#21 » by 99 Problems » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:43 pm

He wasn't saying anything wrong at first, he just said that CB4 would be getting more votes than he normally would because of this video, which is probably correct..

However, here's what he got totally wrong:

- He said CB4 is now guaranteed to be in the game whereas before he wasn't-- WRONG, Lebron and KG will beat him out for the forward spot anyway, nothing has changed except him getting more votes..

- Has no idea of the whole fan voting system for the All-Star game, seems to think that all the players will be voted in by fans rather than just the starters..or maybe he just doesn't realize how much of an advantage KG and Lebron have over Bosh in votes..

- Said CB4 is "probably not ready" to be an All-Star, shows his lack of knowledge about CB4's past All-Star appearances, maybe he thinks this would be his first time...

- Overall is just a tool and douche, just the type of person ESPN would put on in order to get ratings...
willis_reborn
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#22 » by willis_reborn » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:47 pm

lol the segment is pretty entertaining. the other guy likes it and i think most people do.

best part is, the bald guy talks about the bubba bit which is gonna drive more voters to CB4's site and ultimately, more votes. hurray!
“He dressed like a Temptation or a Four Top. He wasn’t afraid of color or anything. He could wear any style of leather or suit and pull it off, shoes on up.” -Kevin Willis commenting on Charles Oakley's sartorial excellence.
funk
Veteran

Post#23 » by funk » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:52 pm

haha I googled Skip Bayless email and this was the first result that came up

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... ip+Bayless
Wonka_INC
Junior

Post#24 » by Wonka_INC » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:55 pm

Man.. that skip guy really ticks me off hahaha
masterpiece by none other than LyNx
KCAccidental
Sophomore

Post#25 » by KCAccidental » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:57 pm

Hasn't ESPN learned it's lesson when it comes to putting down the Raptors? Don't they realize how insane our fanbase is?
TheDevilsReject
Sophomore

Post#26 » by TheDevilsReject » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:57 pm

who really cares. in the end, most of these analyst types are losers. Never played sports, fat, outta shape and ugly as sin. These people make their lives revolve around that of others. Sad. Like those celeberity gossip shows too.

No matter what we do, we will always be BETTER than clowns like this. So sleep easy. This guy is the very same thing he accused troy aikman of: a homo.
Silk Wilkes
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#27 » by Silk Wilkes » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:59 pm

Who cares what Skip thinks. Everyone on RealGM will tell you Chris deserves to make it. Not more personality than Lloyd Carr?!?!? Chris seems to be coming out of his shell.
Winfield
Senior

Post#28 » by Winfield » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:02 pm

do you really get a bonus from your contract if you make the all star team?
Kosta
RealGM
And1: 2

Post#29 » by Kosta » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:03 pm

Problems with his argument:

-Bosh won't get get voted over K.G, therefore he won't be getting into the all star game by fan votes.
-Bosh is an all star and has been voted in one time and got in by the coaches the year before.

He probably had no idea what Bosh has done over his career and also didn't know he made the all star team the last two years.

I hope some of the ESPN guys who know NBA ball let him have it after that.
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#30 » by Death Knight » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:03 pm

I don't know. I mean............some people hate Mother Theresa. Skip Bayless is one of them. Book it!
bychai
Veteran
And1: 3
Location: forward, not backward. upward not forward. and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

Post#31 » by bychai » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:09 pm

Wow, that guy is the most annoying guy I've seen in sports television next to Stephen A. Smith.

Even his co-hosts know how extreme his opinions can be. I'll admit CB isn't playing his best this season yet, but he was just a starter in the All-Star game last year so what the heck is he talking about?

This is coming from a guy who isn't even a fan of player celebrations after a touchdown in football. NEVER put this guy on any decision-making committee in any sport, PLEASE.
shoutout to Slam Dumb! for ignoring my email!
inrapscity
General Manager
And1: 62

Post#32 » by inrapscity » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:10 pm

wow. i dunno whether he's hating on the fan voting system or whether he's hating on bosh. at first i thought it was the system, which I totally understand (good example would be Antoine Walker facebook group) but then he goes on hating on Bosh and saying he's not an all-star. That guy knows he was voted in as the starting PF for the East last year right?
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,346

Post#33 » by Shaazzam » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:18 pm

Like it matters with Bron Bron and KG in the same conference.

Unless there is something I am missing...
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
KingClutch
Pro Prospect

Post#34 » by KingClutch » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:22 pm

I feel like voting again just to piss this guy off.
supersteve wrote:THIS IS ARE COUNTRY :usa:

:king:
KingClutch
Pro Prospect

Post#35 » by KingClutch » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:25 pm

Youngblood wrote:Who cares what Skip thinks. Everyone on RealGM will tell you Chris deserves to make it. Not more personality than Lloyd Carr?!?!? Chris seems to be coming out of his shell.

Well then it HAS to be right. :roll:
supersteve wrote:THIS IS ARE COUNTRY :usa:

:king:
dino-mite!
Junior

Post#36 » by dino-mite! » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:30 pm

wow - just watched the clip on the ESPN website. That guy really REALLY has to relax.

...he probably voted for Bush too by the sounds of it.
Nia
Assistant Coach
And1: 4
Location: South Beach, Miami, but currently live in Tdot for School

Post#37 » by Nia » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:32 pm

His segment was fine at first, but then he just goin' crazy. I think what people are mad about is the fact he knows Nothing about the NBA or the players, because he would have know that CB4 is 2 time ALL STAR. Voted in last year by the Fans and Coaches in 06.

I think it just shows how he knows nothing about the voting, because he would have know that LBJ & KG would be starters no matter what, or unless Bosh can do what Gill did last year and buy a Million Ballots and vote himself in.
Lockdown
RealGM
And1: 1,499

Post#39 » by Lockdown » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:36 pm

Let's all pay him back by making him a write-in for the game so he can get repeatedly posterized by Amare.
Silk Wilkes
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#40 » by Silk Wilkes » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:52 pm

KingClutch wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Well then it HAS to be right. :roll:

Some of the most hardcore baskeball fans in the world, I'd say so whether you're joking or not.

Return to Toronto Raptors