ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Sleeping on the Sixers?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

SpaceJam
Veteran
And1: 93

Post#21 » by SpaceJam » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:01 am

Lol, Young in a Raps jersey?
_________
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,611

Post#22 » by Ackshun » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:19 am

Hank_Scorpio wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Time out.

Why do people make these kinds of comments?

Why would Thad Young be available? Didn't the Sixers just draft him? Aren't they in a rebuilding mode?

Seriously - who lets people get away with comments like this?

Willie Green, Louis Williams and AI have all been solid. Rodney Carney is still a young talent that I doubt they'll give up on, and Gorden Giricek is also pretty solid.

Young doesnt look to be at the top of Cheeks depth charts.

Maybe we have something they want. Who knows. I'm allowed to have a wish list.
Hank_Scorpio
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#23 » by Hank_Scorpio » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:24 am

Sure, but just think of it from their perspective - what are the odds that, after spending a #12 pick on him, they are going to give up on him after half a season?
Postbro1 wrote:Obama is right on this.
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,611

Post#24 » by Ackshun » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:28 am

Hank_Scorpio wrote:Sure, but just think of it from their perspective - what are the odds that, after spending a #12 pick on him, they are going to give up on him after half a season?

the odds are very high. granted.

Honestly, I just really like his game. I'm a big fan of him, and he'll forever be on my wish list.

Perhaps stating that on the internet board 1/3 through his first season is a little ridiculous.
Calderoni_8
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Post#25 » by Calderoni_8 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:45 am

As much as i respect the sixers they dont have a real go to guy they have a bunch of swingmen that put up points they need to blend the talnet they have with other things some long range shooting and a little more inside force..But they are rebuilding and will hopefull get there
Rooster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11

Post#26 » by Rooster » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:02 am

The problem with the Sixers in that on paper, they don't have much. Miller and Iggy is a great backcourt, and Dalembert is a great shot-blocker... in fact, they're an utterly perfect complement to a couple high-scoring forwards. Oh. Right.

Evans'll be good for them off the bench and Carney/Young is bound to produce a decent player but that team needs to get some guys who will come in and play a well-rounded game while compiling significant stats. Maybe check who's disgruntled while also watching various teams' FA situations?
Schadenfreude wrote:Not going to lie, if I found out that one of the seemingly illiterate morons we'd banned on the Raptors board was Primoz Brezec, it'd pretty much make my decade.
dillio
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,069

Post#27 » by dillio » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:20 am

the sixers are just one allstar away from making the playoffs!

Return to Toronto Raptors