ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Chauncey, Maxiell School Raps

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

deknow
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#161 » by deknow » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:06 am

Death Knight wrote:I also want to note that those such as deknow blaming Jose for the Raptors poor defense is letting AP and Moon off the hook. These guys foul jumper shooters, go for pump fakes, constantly losing their man off the ball................are you kidding me?

If you follow my posts you would know that I have NOT been easy on AP at all. Moon is a CBAer I give him a bly, it's not his fault Smitch decides to play him 33mins.
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#162 » by Death Knight » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:45 am

deknow wrote:I acknowledge that the Raps don't rotate very well I don't see where you got the impression that I don't see that. Here's the problem, when an offense looks to post you up the defense knows where they rotations are, they work on that in practice! The problem with getting beat at the point of attack so early in the shot clock the defense has not set and it creates way too much confusion.

You just contradicted yourself. First you acknowledge that the Raptors don't rotate very well, but then you go on to say the defense (the Raptors) know where their rotations are, because they work on that in practice..........:rofl:

Jose is a bad perimeter defender (face up), while TJ is a bad post defender (back to the basket). Live with it.

Death Knight wrote:The truth is, as someone has already said, this team misses TJ Ford not because he isn't starting, but because he isn't playing at all. As long as both of them are playing, no matter who starts, this team is better than having only one of them playing.

Agree or disagree?

By not agreeing with this Deknow, your credibility has taken a big hit. This is as accurate of an assessment as there is regarding the loss of TJ.

deknow wrote:Thanks for the stats though they mean nothing I do remember those games. So what he had a bad game against the Knicks :roll: I don't see how we beat Phoenix even at full strength and I also don't think the Rockets are a walk in the park. If I were you I wouldn't use these game to formulate an opinion about TJ minus Jose because we saw what happen when Jose played without TJ against Phoenix and Houston.

Face it, Calderon can't do it by himself without TJ, nor can TJ do it without Jose. Neither of these guys are ready to run the team all by themselves without at least an average back up pg.
deknow
Banned User

Post#163 » by deknow » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:56 am

Death Knight wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
You just contradicted yourself. First you acknowledge that the Raptors don't rotate very well, but then you go on to say the defense (the Raptors) know where their rotations are, because they work on that in practice..........

Jose is a bad perimeter defender (face up), while TJ is a bad post defender (back to the basket). Live with it.

Wow, you're slow. They are slow in rotations by nature but they at least know where they need to be in a post up situation. When Jose gets beat repeatedly on a face up there is a plethora of options available to the PG, he just has to pick the way to beat the defense. In a post up the Raptors know where they need to be but they suck at getting there. Does that make sense to you or do I need to dumb it down more? BTW Jose got abused in the post up by Billups too. Watch the game again.

And of course the team suffers without TJ it makes Jose play more mins than anyone would ever want to see him play and the leftover mins goes to a guy that doesn't even play PG. Its a no brainer wingnut!
Death Knight
RealGM

Post#164 » by Death Knight » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:11 am

deknow wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Wow, you're slow. They are slow in rotations by nature but they at least know where they need to be in a post up situation. When Jose gets beat repeatedly on a face up there is a plethora of options available to the PG, he just has to pick the way to beat the defense. In a post up the Raptors know where they need to be but they suck at getting there. Does that make sense to you or do I need to dumb it down more? BTW Jose got abused in the post up by Billups too. Watch the game again.

And of course the team suffers without TJ it makes Jose play more mins than anyone would ever want to see him play and the leftover mins goes to a guy that doesn't even play PG. Its a no brainer wingnut!

LOL.....................you tried your best to get out of the fact that you contradicted yourself there, but you failed miserably. Don't worry, I still give you credit for trying.

What you said here is a little bit better, but still not good enough. Get this................

Knowing where to rotate, but just being slow

and

Not knowing where to rotate at all yields the same results................bad rotations and bad defense.

Billups operated on Jose more on the perimeter than in the post. I don't know what game you were watching though.

Obviously you are too stuborn to ever give up on your agenda. I would like a 2nd opinion from a different poster to set you straight, because you obviously won't listen to me.
deknow
Banned User

Post#165 » by deknow » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:18 am

Death Knight wrote:

LOL.....................you tried your best to get out of the fact that you contradicted yourself there, but you failed miserably. Don't worry, I still give you credit for trying.

What you said here is a little bit better, but still not good enough. Get this................

Knowing where to rotate, but just being slow

and

Not knowing where to rotate at all yields the same results................bad rotations and bad defense.

Billups operated on Jose more on the perimeter than in the post. I don't know what game you were watching though.

Obviously you are too stuborn to ever give up on your agenda. I would like a 2nd opinion from a different poster to set you straight, because you obviously won't listen to me.

He did operate on the perimeter because he didn't have to post him up that much. Everything he wanted was once bounce away :lol:

With slow rotations there is a chance with repetition you can improve. Yes or No?

You are young I could tell. I will let you continue to watch the game with your small mind, its clear you haven't developed enough to appreciate the games nuances and intricacies.
Death Knight
RealGM

Post#166 » by Death Knight » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:29 am

With slow rotations there is a chance with repetition you can improve. Yes or No?

Yes..............But until this team does improve, they are a bad defensive team and nothing will change.

You are young I could tell. I will let you continue to watch the game with your small mind, its clear you haven't developed enough to appreciate the games nuances and intricacies.

I'm glad that I was able to educate you on basketball. Hopefully you can show those improvements the next time you decide to post on another thread about another topic.

Return to Toronto Raptors