ImageImageImageImageImage

Wing Player to Target: JR Smith?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,649

Re: Wing Player to Target: JR Smith? 

Post#81 » by C_Money » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:45 am

Anybody who doesn't think JR would be an amazing addition to this team is what we call H-A-T-E-R-S. Hopefully BC can pull his head out of his ass just this once and take a guy who USED TO have off court problems.
tylrrr
Assistant Coach
And1: 29

Post#82 » by tylrrr » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:47 am

Well, he still has some character problems but they just come from him being immature. He's gotten better and talent wise he's top of the line.
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,054

Post#83 » by carlosey » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:48 am

komodo19 wrote:
carlosey wrote:Kapono for smith. dooooo eeet! Wouldnt happen till mid Dec. Denver cant shoot the rock from trey. Kapono could give them some fire. Smith adds intense athleticism and could turn out to be a good roleplayer needed at the 2.

Depth Chart:

Calderon/Ukic
Smith/Parker
Bargnani/Graham
And then a big man rotation of
JO, Humphries, Bosh.

So Denver needs three point shooting and they trade Smith? That makes absolutely no sense.

It makes even less sense if you think they'd trade him for Kapono.

ok how about parkers expiring, and something more for JR? For Kapono the contracts match exactly so that was it but if you can give up anything except core players for JR you simply do it.

It will all depend on how much Denver really wants him out or sticking around since hes heated up tonight.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,649

Post#84 » by C_Money » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:50 am

All of his problems have been off court problems so he's never actually affected a locker room before. There was also an article saying how he's cleaning up after he almost died in that car accident. I can't find it anymore but it was a good read.
tylrrr
Assistant Coach

Post#85 » by tylrrr » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:51 am

I really think they'll want Parker's contract because it's their goal to get under the cap and his is expiring. The talent gap isn't as huge of a deal IMO.
Komodo
Banned User
And1: 791

Post#86 » by Komodo » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:58 am

carlosey wrote:ok how about parkers expiring, and something more for JR? For Kapono the contracts match exactly so that was it but if you can give up anything except core players for JR you simply do it.

Um, yeah. That's precisely why exactly 2 pages back I proposed a Parker + 1st for Smith trade, which coincidentally was right before the tipoff of Smith's 31 pt game tonight. Denver might want a little more than what we have to offer, unfortunately.
vinsanity09
Pro Prospect
And1: 203

Post#87 » by vinsanity09 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:02 am

TheRaptor! wrote:
vinsanity09 wrote:32 points with 5 3's tonight... yeah I changed my mind, get him BC!

...where do I start?

Theres alot of posters like you, who don't know what this guy is capable of doing in first place and says no to the trade, one good game by him and you're all on the bandwagon.
I guess you didn't see my original post? Just for you I'll repeat myself: I loved him since I saw him in the Mcdonald's all American game when he was in high school, and I followed him a little when he was playing with the Hornets. I said that I didn't want him because just like Moon, he can fall in love with the 3 (it just so happen that tonight they were falling) and that we need first and foremost a wing who could defend Paul Pierce, Joe Johnson etc.

But tonight's game reminded me that outside of CB4 and Bargnani, who could score 30 pts in a game for us when we needed it? Maybe JO and Calderon but that's it. So bring him in and we'll talk about defense later, that's what I told myself.

Happy?
tylrrr
Assistant Coach

Post#88 » by tylrrr » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:20 am

Yeah, I mean we dont get better defensively with him but we're just as hungry for points, too. Can't always expect 35+ from Bosh.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#89 » by J-Roc » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:52 pm

So could we trade based on the tapes of JR Smith's last game and Joey's last game?
trick
Head Coach
And1: 905

Post#90 » by trick » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:02 pm

the biggest problem i hear from the majority is lack of defense and inconsistency.

JR Smith is coveted highly.

wtf?
#Raptors are 7-1. In 6 of the past 10 seasons, a team that has started a season 7-1 has gone on to win an NBA championship.

— Sportsnet Ticker (@SportsnetTicker) November 12, 2014
v1n5anity
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,060

Post#91 » by v1n5anity » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:02 pm

JR Smith is just who we need .We don't have to worry about him being a headcase. He's no Marbury. Do you want another soft player ala Moon or Parker?? Get Smith here now!
trick
Head Coach

Post#92 » by trick » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:40 pm

if there was one player i would want to get from denver, it'd be kleiza. i don't know how important he is to their future or if he can idly by coming off the bench, but he's the only player on their roster that looks tantalizing.
#Raptors are 7-1. In 6 of the past 10 seasons, a team that has started a season 7-1 has gone on to win an NBA championship.

Ill
RealGM
And1: 1,275

Post#93 » by Ill » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:27 pm

they wouldn't even give him up for ron artest...what makes you think we have anything that they would want?

talking about kleiza, that is
trick
Head Coach

Post#94 » by trick » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:30 pm

Ill wrote:they wouldn't even give him up for ron artest...what makes you think we have anything that they would want?

err, the only player i would want, meaning i would not want anyone else on that team or the only player i would inquire about if i'm bryan colangelo, meaning don't interpret this as a way of me saying we have the appropriate resources to acquire such a player without overtrading for said player. but if i'm bc and i'm looking to bolster my roster, i guess it couldn't hurt to ask about kleiza since he's coming off the bench and yet he would start on a number of other teams, meaning ...

Ill
RealGM
And1: 1,275

Post#95 » by Ill » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:35 pm

haha ok my bad ;)

Return to Toronto Raptors