ImageImageImageImageImage

Will Raptors still make it to the playoffs?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

WildWolfdog
Junior
And1: 293

Re: Will Raptors still make it to the playoffs? 

Post#21 » by WildWolfdog » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:32 pm

Lol wow some of the people in here are a bunch of losers. If we don't make the playoffs our pick won't be a lottery pick it will be something like 13th or 14th overall.
Coming on RealGm reminds me how much I hate our **** up annoying tweener "the sky falls everyday in Raptorland" fanbase.
don't panac
Analyst
And1: 660

Post#22 » by don't panac » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:17 pm

WildWolfdog wrote:Lol wow some of the people in here are a bunch of losers. If we don't make the playoffs our pick won't be a lottery pick it will be something like 13th or 14th overall.

which is a lottery pick.
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#23 » by 99 Problems » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:40 pm

LMAO...
RapsGirl
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#24 » by RapsGirl » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:24 pm

i think at the end of January, we'll have a better idea of what we're facing. or even by All-Star weekend. i don't think 4-8 is set in the East. there will be some major slippage. if we keep things up, we will certainly have a shot.
RapsBulls4evr
Lead Assistant
And1: 2

Post#25 » by RapsBulls4evr » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:29 pm

Yes.
pedro_pendukot
Freshman

Post#26 » by pedro_pendukot » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:18 am

Based from what we saw with the Boston games, we will make it to the playoffs if we continue to demonstrate that kind of aggressiveness.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#27 » by Kabookalu » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:22 am

don't panac wrote:
WildWolfdog wrote:Lol wow some of the people in here are a bunch of losers. If we don't make the playoffs our pick won't be a lottery pick it will be something like 13th or 14th overall.

which is a lottery pick.

:rofl:
kirbs
Banned User

Post#28 » by kirbs » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:02 am

Probably not. Milwaukee's sked is just as easy as our the rest of the way....even easier actually.

N.J. has a tougher sked than us, but they are already 3.5 games up, and we can't win the season series against them, so we'd have to have a better division record.

Miami is 5.0 games up. That's simply too much ground to make with just over 1/2 a season to go.
Spenny
Ballboy

Post#29 » by Spenny » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:50 pm

If Barny can keep up his play, and Roko comes in to finish the games, we may have a good chance of getting enough wins
magani
Bench Warmer
And1: 70

Post#30 » by magani » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:10 pm

I don't think we have any realistic shot, nor do I think that's bad thing. The emphasis should be on rebuilding on the fly and assess this entire roster going forward. Let Bargnani, Ukic, and Graham principally play big minutes as I think they could are crucial to our depth and improvement long-term. Trade O'neal for a SF who'll be here beyond this year. If we happen to accumulate some victories and confidence, then this team can compete for a playoff spot next year with the potential of going beyond the first round. I'd rather get a higher draft pick for a young SG/SF or as trade bait in a larger deal. That's what the focus should be and why we all seem to be a little more hopeful about this team. You'd think we had won both Celtic games, but it's the effort by our young players that's been the most positive. That's what I'm cheering for. Wins and losses are really irrelevant as long as we make progress on the player development front IMO.

We got into trouble in 2006 when we put wins ahead of player development (ie. Bargs/Graham/Hump) in exchange for some now empty victories. They were a one year wonder and wasted precious development time in the misguided quest for a few extra victories. We have to go young and do this year what we should have done already. Imagine where we could have been at this juncture. I think that will be a better gauge whether Bosh stays or not. We were never going to contend with this team and BC was wrong and this is his chance to rectify that this season and next.
2018-19 NBA Champions. Can never take that away.
gcsw
Starter
And1: 74

Post#31 » by gcsw » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:21 pm

We are as close to the 8th seed as we are to being 2nd last in the East

Return to Toronto Raptors