ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: No Nash come All-Star Weekend

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,740

OT: No Nash come All-Star Weekend 

Post#1 » by VanWest82 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:35 am

I'm a huge Nash supporter. I have been since his early days in Dallas, even when he was getting booed. I never really thought he deserved those MVPs, but that's besides the point.

Nash has been an All-Star six times, but I don't hink we'll see him in the All-Star game anymore. Maybe as a three point shot competitor.

Clearly he's not going to get voted in by the fans. Kobe is a dserving starter, and Yao's teammate will probably get voted in as second guard. No big surprises there. But, what about the coaches' vote? They will pick at least two true point guards, so maybe Nash has a chance.

Chris Paul gets in for sure. Derron Wiliams should get in but he's been injured this year, so probably not. Tony Parker is an unbelievable scorer. He's really elevated his game this year, and I think he deserves to be there. I bet West Coast coaches feel the same way. Chauncy Billups has the Nuggets near the top of the Western Conference. I think he deserves to be there over Nash, too. His offensive numbers are better, let alone the defensive comparison...let's not even go there.

The Nash era has already ended to a large extent. That much we can probably all agree on. But, it will be sad not to see him in the All-Star game running, gunning, and making it fun.
ForeveRaptorFan
Sixth Man
And1: 11

Re: OT: No Nash come All-Star Weekend 

Post#2 » by ForeveRaptorFan » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:37 am

His city is hosting the event, so I'm sure Nash would somehow get some sort of court playing time.
Following Bargnani's Progress since entering the League: Bargnani, Ill Mago, Barney, Bustnani, Bust and a Nani, Beastnani, Beardnani, Killer B...
vinsanity09
Pro Prospect
And1: 203

Post#3 » by vinsanity09 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:57 am

ForeveRaptorFan wrote:His city is hosting the event, so I'm sure Nash would somehow get some sort of court playing time.

I wouldn't bet on it since Shaq is probably going to be the reserve C and Amare could also be there as a starter or as a reserve
Aventador
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#4 » by Aventador » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:59 am

Nash is so overrated, and the canadian angle is way overplayed.
tylrrr
Assistant Coach
And1: 29

Post#5 » by tylrrr » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:32 am

He doesn't deserve to be in the ASG this year. Kobe, Paul, Roy, Parker, Billups all deserve it way more.
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#6 » by sh00n » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:06 am

He doesn't deserve it. I hope Shaq gets in though, because he does.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
|llsT oNe
Starter
And1: 165

Post#7 » by |llsT oNe » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:56 pm

His play has picked up since the J Rich robbery.
[SJJ]
General Manager
And1: 3,222

Post#8 » by [SJJ] » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:10 pm

I agree, there has to be a way of him getting court time. Maybe during that whole "WNBA, Old guy, and NBA player" competition where they shoot from all over the place... It's boring as hell, but whatever...
BTW Shoon... nice sig
Buyaka
Assistant Coach
And1: 420

Post#9 » by Buyaka » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:01 pm

The Flyest wrote:Nash is so overrated, and the canadian angle is way overplayed.

+1
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#10 » by sh00n » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:21 pm

[SJJ] wrote:I agree, there has to be a way of him getting court time. Maybe during that whole "WNBA, Old guy, and NBA player" competition where they shoot from all over the place... It's boring as hell, but whatever...
BTW Shoon... nice sig

Thank ChocolateSens for the idea. :lol:
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app

Return to Toronto Raptors