ImageImageImageImageImage

Jamario Moon Has Got to Go!!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

quickymgee
Rookie
And1: 48

Re: Jamario Moon Has Got to Go!! 

Post#101 » by quickymgee » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:28 am

the most hilarious and frustrating thing is watching games AND looking at stats, tells you he is a good defender on this raptors team. There is no disputing this. You can't. He may have had one or two bad games. He might mess up once or twice a game. With all that, he's still one of the better defenders on this team.
kirbs
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#102 » by kirbs » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:39 am

I don't understand why people say Moon is a poor shooter. He's shooting 53.0% eFG from the field, and 83.9% FT. Those are superb numbers. In fact, both those numbers are quite a bit better than our "franchise player".
boolean_law
Sophomore

Post#103 » by boolean_law » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:47 am

Lets look at it this way, he's not playing to the best of his ability.

He hasn't attempted to get better.

I don't want a player like that even if they are making less than a million.

I have no idea what it is going to take to light a fire under his ass.
Also, he was a Harlem Globetrotter, and he cant dribble the ball? That's sad.
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,559

Post#104 » by s e n s i » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:48 am

The Notic wrote:
J-Roc wrote:Argument: He makes $700K
Rebuttal: The please let him only play 5min a game

Argument: For what he gives, he's a bargain.
Rebuttal: So? You want a cookie? You don't get points in this league for finding deals for stats. It comes down to winning.

Argument: His shooting is actually aiiight.
Rebuttal: Then let's trade him to a team that needs a shooter, because we don't.

Argument: Statistically, he's our best defender and has proven, by far, to be our best wing player this season.
Rebuttal: Is there a stat for biting on pump fakes???? No?! Then shut up!

lol seriously. People get so frustrated by a bitten pump fake here and there that it eclipses every positive he does. But hey, let's ignore the countless shots he's altered and passing lanes he's disrupted with his length alone. Not to mention he's connecting on every other shot he takes.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
bane_dd
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#105 » by bane_dd » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:13 am

RapsFanInVA wrote:Psh, stats shmats, what do those things even mean anyway?! My subjective opinion that Moon sucks based on the bad plays I've seen him make every once in awhile is 10x greater than any of your fancy shmancy logical and objective statistical evidence! Why does Riley want this guy? I'm way smarter than him and know that Moon is a terrible defender because my eyes don't lie, stats do.

Statistics are often false and misleading. If you don't know that, then you have no idea about the statistics concept. Personally, I don't think Moon is that great and apparently neither does Jay Triano as he has been playing Joey Graham more at the expense of Moon's minutes. And since you are so in love with stats, here is one for you borrowed from another thread: http://www.82games.com/0809/USORT13.HTM. Raptors best 5-man units from the last 10 games in terms of net points per 48. Surprise, surprise, Moon is not in that 5 that is +35pts/48min of play. So much for stats.
peteyjones13
Analyst
And1: 357

Post#106 » by peteyjones13 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:14 am

All of you who talk about how little he gets paid, and how much of a bargain he is for the money he makes, it's not a matter of him making too much money!!!

He KILLS us by being on the court. Really, it's Jay Triano's fault for giving him minutes. The fact that he starts is enough for me to be confident that I don't want Jay Triano back next year.
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

MOON gets benched 

Post#107 » by 62245 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:29 pm

moon got benched in the game against the kings in the forth quarter, maybe this will be a wake up call to him , or just get his confidence down and start playing worse , if thats even possible.

maybe hes playing bad on purpose so he gets traded to the warm Miami
brownballer
Junior
And1: 1

Re: MOON gets benched 

Post#108 » by brownballer » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:30 pm

maybe raps dont want miami to see how bad he is
RockTHECasbah
Lead Assistant
And1: 10

Post#109 » by RockTHECasbah » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:06 pm

peteyjones13 wrote:All of you who talk about how little he gets paid, and how much of a bargain he is for the money he makes, it's not a matter of him making too much money!!!

He KILLS us by being on the court. Really, it's Jay Triano's fault for giving him minutes. The fact that he starts is enough for me to be confident that I don't want Jay Triano back next year.

Yeah, his +26 is really killing us
Know anyone who is disabled? has an addiction?
HandyTax - Your Canadian Disability Tax Credit Consultants
http://www.handytax.ca
JohnnyFlame
Rookie
And1: 254

Post#110 » by JohnnyFlame » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:28 pm

underdog33 wrote:also, Moon would look Amazing, if teamed up with an above-average to all star 2-guard who could defend. No doubt

Actually when Parker is playing well on defense Moon's anticipation skills are really quite good. He does better in virtually every category when it's uptempo. He is at his worst when he is standing around on offense or defense.

Frankly other than good spacing I can't believe they leave him standing out at the 3pt line. Last year they used him on the high screen and roll occasionally. This year he has been setting screeens for the post players. Last game even went inside and took away the double team coming from his player on a Bosh possession.

To me he loses focus easily. He needs to be used properly. Have him setting screens far more often and rolling to the basket whether they are on or off the ball picks. On defense(albeit they need another good defensive player out there) be more aggressive.

Don't just talk to the guy and tell him this is what you need to do -- keep putting him into situations where he can use his gifts.
bmwsauber
Ballboy

Post#111 » by bmwsauber » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:48 pm

"Short Memories"

All the Moon haterade. You all forget that you loved him last season. I guess you fans always need a player to talk trash about. Jamario now, another player in two weeks, Bargs and Bosh a month ago. Be a fan please. Take your negativity elsewhere. Don't be like bosh and Blame moon.. Oh yeah
Leo - keep your comments to yourself (has alot to say hey - he who has not trained a singe succesful team)
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#112 » by J-Roc » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:49 pm

chocolateSens1 wrote:
The Notic wrote:
J-Roc wrote:Argument: He makes $700K
Rebuttal: The please let him only play 5min a game

Argument: For what he gives, he's a bargain.
Rebuttal: So? You want a cookie? You don't get points in this league for finding deals for stats. It comes down to winning.

Argument: His shooting is actually aiiight.
Rebuttal: Then let's trade him to a team that needs a shooter, because we don't.

Argument: Statistically, he's our best defender and has proven, by far, to be our best wing player this season.
Rebuttal: Is there a stat for biting on pump fakes???? No?! Then shut up!

lol seriously. People get so frustrated by a bitten pump fake here and there that it eclipses every positive he does. But hey, let's ignore the countless shots he's altered and passing lanes he's disrupted with his length alone. Not to mention he's connecting on every other shot he takes.

Those pump fakes kill us. Once a guy jumps towards a fake, he's out of position and now the whole defense is scrambling. It inevitably leads to an easy bucket for someone on the court. Just like a fastbreak score. It kills the team mentally and wastes an offensive possession where the team may have worked hard for a score. I could almost live with him being afraid of contact if he didn't bite on pump fakes.

Return to Toronto Raptors