ImageImageImageImageImage

Triano and control

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

alpha
Starter
And1: 179

Triano and control 

Post#1 » by alpha » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:23 pm

Does Jay have any control over his players? I'm beginning to wonder since stupidity never goes for want on this team. How do you not get it through certain players heads about what they can and cannot do? I mean Jamario is a dumb ass, but if Jay tells him do not shoot a three cause your % stinks, you think he'd listen. When Smitch got canned I was at least hoping for some entertainment but this losing at the end of games is bothersome. I think the chickens have control of the hen house. Thoughts?
Magic All The Way
Assistant Coach
And1: 39

Re: Triano and control 

Post#2 » by Magic All The Way » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:33 pm

Of course nobody would agree with Moon taking that three, but Moon's been hitting a lot of threes lately, so I don't think Triano would stop him from that, but I still can't understand why Moon won't drive the ball more.
mapko81
Sixth Man
And1: 18

Post#3 » by mapko81 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:53 pm

Jamario Moon grinning after he bit on Mike Bibby's fake in the last minute of play was just precious. It tells you how much winning matters on this Raptors team.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,644

Post#4 » by C_Money » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:55 pm

This team needs a hardass coach who puts up with no BS. Jay Triano is an interim coach and this season is already over so its not like it matters anymore.
boolean_law
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#5 » by boolean_law » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:30 pm

C_Money wrote:This team needs a hardass coach who puts up with no BS. Jay Triano is an interim coach and this season is already over so its not like it matters anymore.

I swear Smitch was supposed to be that. But we still see Moon taking shots and not driving to the rim. We still see Calderon not driving.

Honestly, just sit moon till he realizes he needs to drive to the rim. Wheres this guys motivation? I mean, he has a kid and hes taking it easy as if he can get a kapono deal at the end of the season.
The Notic
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: it's a bird. it's a plane. NO! it's Lois Lane givin me brain.

Post#6 » by The Notic » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:48 pm

triano is a lame duck. i hope people begin to understand how having a firm grasp on x's and o's isn't that important in this league.
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#7 » by Death Knight » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:50 pm

Magic All The Way wrote:Of course nobody would agree with Moon taking that three, but Moon's been hitting a lot of threes lately, so I don't think Triano would stop him from that, but I still can't understand why Moon won't drive the ball more.

Moon doesn't drive because of 2 things. 1 he can't drive and 2 he is afraid of contact. That's why he needs to go after this season. He doesn't fill a need on this team.

And I think we have a lot of players that just lack focus and can't follow instructions properly. Most of the players on the Raptors would have a very very difficult time playing under Boston's defensive system. They won't be able to grasp it.
The Notic
Banned User

Post#8 » by The Notic » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:02 am

Death Knight wrote:Most of the players on the Raptors would have a very very difficult time playing under Boston's defensive system. They won't be able to grasp it.

LOL. can you please explain to me what makes boston's defense so complicated?
Death Knight
RealGM

Post#9 » by Death Knight » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:06 am

The Notic wrote:
Death Knight wrote:Most of the players on the Raptors would have a very very difficult time playing under Boston's defensive system. They won't be able to grasp it.

LOL. can you please explain to me what makes boston's defense so complicated?

It has nothing to do with complication. The players are just too stupid. If a bunch of people went to the same school, some are just going to be dumb okay?
The Notic
Banned User

Post#10 » by The Notic » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:19 am

no, not okay. you have no idea what the specifics of the boston defensive scheme is. there is nothing there to "grasp", scheme-wise, most of our guys couldn't handle.
Death Knight
RealGM

Post#11 » by Death Knight » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:38 am

The Notic wrote:no, not okay. you have no idea what the specifics of the boston defensive scheme is. there is nothing there to "grasp", scheme-wise, most of our guys couldn't handle.

Jamario Moon could handle it? :lol: :rofl:
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#12 » by Nolan » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:01 am

Death Knight wrote:
The Notic wrote:no, not okay. you have no idea what the specifics of the boston defensive scheme is. there is nothing there to "grasp", scheme-wise, most of our guys couldn't handle.

Jamario Moon could handle it? :lol: :rofl:

That's why he said most, Boston's defensive scheme is not that complex.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
The Notic
Banned User

Post#13 » by The Notic » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:23 am

first and foremost, jamario is our best perimeter defender, by far. probably our best overall defender after only JO. with that said, if you told me a few years ago that Perkins/Pierce/Allen would be the starters on one of the best defensive squads of all time, i probably would have laughed as well.

Return to Toronto Raptors