ImageImageImageImageImage

Chris Bosh Last Year in a All-Star game Jersey

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Re: Chris Bosh Last Year in a All-Star game Jersey 

Post#21 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:33 pm

Yosemite Dan wrote:There's actually a lesser chance that Bosh leaves than Lebron. Why is everybody so worried? I'd be more worried how the hell we're gonna build a team around Bosh to be more than 1st round fodder when he's making 25 million a year because it sure as hell isn't working now when he's only making 14 million. What happened to him trying to prove his worth in making that much money instead of catering for him to stay and ignoring his glaring defensive weaknesses.

I like CB but that's what's been going through my head. Why not do this: 3 way JO, Moon and pick to Miami, for Marion and banks or whatever, Marion to New york, Marbury to Toronto, who is bought out.

Then Bosh to New York, for Lee, Chandler, Gallinari, Jarred Jefferies and New York's pick. New York gets a piece they want a year earlier and Marion, Maimi gets JO and Moon and a pick for Marion, we get Lee with money to resign him, Wilson Chandler and Gallinari and Jefferies and a pick.

The hard part would be getting Miami to do the three way, first without telling them about the Bosh deal. As they may not want to facilitate Bosh going to New York.
v1n5anity
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,059

Post#22 » by v1n5anity » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:13 am

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:
Yosemite Dan wrote:There's actually a lesser chance that Bosh leaves than Lebron. Why is everybody so worried? I'd be more worried how the hell we're gonna build a team around Bosh to be more than 1st round fodder when he's making 25 million a year because it sure as hell isn't working now when he's only making 14 million. What happened to him trying to prove his worth in making that much money instead of catering for him to stay and ignoring his glaring defensive weaknesses.

I like CB but that's what's been going through my head. Why not do this: 3 way JO, Moon and pick to Miami, for Marion and banks or whatever, Marion to New york, Marbury to Toronto, who is bought out.

Then Bosh to New York, for Lee, Chandler, Gallinari, Jarred Jefferies and New York's pick. New York gets a piece they want a year earlier and Marion, Maimi gets JO and Moon and a pick for Marion, we get Lee with money to resign him, Wilson Chandler and Gallinari and Jefferies and a pick.

The hard part would be getting Miami to do the three way, first without telling them about the Bosh deal. As they may not want to facilitate Bosh going to New York.

No way do we trade our franchise player AGAIN to our division rival. We made that mistake with VC & we better not do it again. If we trade him, it better be to a Western team.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#23 » by Yosemite Dan » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:21 am

That's the problem with management and fans alike, everybody has tunnel vision. They make it seem like we're a team on the brink of a title and securing Bosh to a monster contract will ensure us success for years to come. In reality we have had one good season in the last 4 years since Bosh has established himself as the leader.

It's gonna be just like the Jays and Vernon Wells. We're gonna give superstar money and length longterm for Bosh, like we did with Wells, for a very good but not elite player. Then a year after he signs the contract we're all gonna bitch about why we are a .500 team either missing the playoffs or getting blown out in the 1st round and how could we be so stupid to give him that much money because our payroll is **** when in actuality the team has just been continuing what it has always been doing since Bosh became our "superstar". Much like Wells. The curse of the Toronto media is they always jump at annointing local players as superstars.

The Jays would do anything now to turn back time and undo the Wells deal and traded him when they should of and gotten quite a bit back instead of being hamstrung financially where Wells' contract takes up almost 25% of the Jays payroll. Bosh's contract will take up 30-40% depending how much the cap lowers which is pretty certain at this point.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#24 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:26 am

v1n5anity wrote:

No way do we trade our franchise player AGAIN to our division rival. We made that mistake with VC & we better not do it again. If we trade him, it better be to a Western team.

I don't know, the ACC is buzzing every time Vince comes back.
bargs4mvp
Analyst
And1: 3,043

Post#25 » by bargs4mvp » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:37 am

what i would do if i was BC, i would go to bosh and ask if he wants to be a raptor till 2010 and beyond, if he sais idk, then trade him, if he says yes, then tell him that hes not worth max money, and ask him again if he wants to be a raptor. i know BC has the balls to do it also
ImissBobCostas
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#26 » by ImissBobCostas » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:44 am

Good trade but itwould have to be done this year otherwise NY could just wait for FA and keep Chandler.
SuigintouEV
General Manager
And1: 1,555

Post#27 » by SuigintouEV » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:37 am

COY0607 wrote:i just say the video......jalen sounds so confident.....makes me think that bosh might have said something to his (they may be close, they played together for 3 years)

Oh please, Jalen Rose was a cancer and I think Bosh was the happiest guy when we traded him for capspace. Chris Bosh hasn't been great friends with any former teamate. Look at his current relationship with former "Friend" TJ Ford. How about Mike James? The closest thing he's shown to friendship with former teamates is listening to vince carter. Maybe Mo Pete but I can't back that one up.

Speaking vince, I love how Jalen doesn't even choose vince.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."

Return to Toronto Raptors