ImageImageImageImageImage

Possible Reason JO trade hasn't happened

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

MoPetefor3
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Re: Possible Reason JO trade hasn't happened 

Post#21 » by MoPetefor3 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:00 pm

Deal has to happen today or it won't be till Monday. Can't complete trades on weekends.
With the ninth overall pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, the Raptors select Vyacheslav Kravtsov from the Ukraine. In Jim Kelly we trust!
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Post#22 » by timdunkit » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:00 pm

BC: JO i going to trade you to Miami
JO: When?
BC: Tomorrow get your bags packing
JO: YOU CAN"T DO THAT ITS BOBBLEHEAD NIGHT:O
BC: What?
JO: BOBBLE HEAD NIGHT ITS MY TURN :(
BC: and?
JO: i like bobbleheads :(
BC: Fine just bring one too and make sure its in a heat jersey
JO: WOOOT OK :D SURE THING BOSS
PoloGoose
Senior
And1: 0

Post#23 » by PoloGoose » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:11 pm

I can't make this game.

Anyone wanna pick me up a bobblehead?

I'll give you $5.
AP_cb4
Junior
And1: 226

Post#24 » by AP_cb4 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:28 pm

If we continue to play well (win games), I don't think this trade will happen at all. We could get so much more in return for him next season or just let him expire and take a shot at Wade.

Bosh+Wade=Championship
***TurboZone
JohnnyFlame
Rookie
And1: 254

Post#25 » by JohnnyFlame » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:35 pm

They are 3-0 with a healthy lineup. JO has played well in each game. Every win and every good performance by JO just keeps his stock rising. Meanwhile Marion is sitting game after game. They have a tough go of it after the Bucks but as long as they/JO are playing well BC's hand just keeps getting stronger.
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,283

Post#26 » by ruckus » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:38 pm

Marvin! wrote:i think it hasn't happened yet because Center Sports is waiting on a shipment of blank jersey's so they can start making Marion ones... if all the 'insiders' that have popped up recently can be credited that is the only explanation that makes sense...

LOL. You just gave me a mental of image of a bunch of Asian kids locked in the basement of the ACC stitching names on the back of Raptor jerseys.
chrome381
Starter
And1: 0

Post#27 » by chrome381 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:44 pm

The Stripe wrote:I think it has more to do with the trade deadline personally. BC is probably not going to pull the trigger until the last minute in case other opportunities present themselves.

My thoughts exactly, and i think riley's still shopping around Marion to see if any better deals come in.
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,327

Post#28 » by douggood » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:48 pm

didnt raptors have a fred jones bobble head day after he was traded? or is my memory completely failing me?
pharring
Sixth Man
And1: 352

Post#29 » by pharring » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:49 pm

I think you may have forgotten the way MLSE plastered Union Station with life-sized pictures of Charlie V, mere weeks before they dealt him to the Bucks.
totallyr
Assistant Coach
And1: 111

Post#30 » by totallyr » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:02 pm

There isn't going to be a JO trade, sanity has returned and the expiring is for next year. Just my take
To all our soldiers serving overseas, be safe and come home soon
rarefind
RealGM
And1: 10,055

Post#31 » by rarefind » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:19 pm

I think you should try and calculate Jermaine O'Neal's per game salary.

Try and compare that to the 20-30 k hit of the bobbleheads they will give away.

Yeah.

Hey, maybe if we ship the bobbleheads to MIA they'll ship us Wright.
KingAmmar
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#32 » by KingAmmar » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:29 pm

I agree with the OP. There are also autographed jerseys, pictures, postcard, and pre-taped 2009 Merry Christmas messages from Jermaine O Neal that we need to sell. Such stipulations are the major obstacles in making a small move such as a player swap.
CB4_Toronto_Raptors
Bench Warmer
And1: 4

Post#33 » by CB4_Toronto_Raptors » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:44 pm

Anyone else remember when Gary Payton was traded after 999 games with the Sonics? I remember it was some sort of give-a-way with a big celebration planned for #1000. He was at the game still...sitting on the sideline of the visiting Milwaukee Bucks.

Just some thought when you can trade a player like Payton before a game like that.
Buyaka
Assistant Coach
And1: 420

Post#34 » by Buyaka » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:21 pm

Raptor_Jesus wrote:hopefully bc has learned from his experience with TJ last year.

what he NEEDS to do is sit down with o'neal and say:

jermaine, do you mind if we have you coming off the bench for the rest of this year and possibly the first half of next season?

to which o'neal can be honest about it and say either:

no, i don't mind - i like toronto, i like the team, i want to help in ANY way i can even if it means i only play 25 minutes a game against the other team's second unit.

or:

yes, i do. i still feel like i have a lot of game in me and i would like to show it to everyone. i'm good enough to start in this league and i'm happy for andrea, but at the same time i have my own interests to look after. i've enjoyed every minute of my stay here (when i wasn't injured) and somethings (like trading for me) aren't meant to work out as planned. now, i'm not going to ruin your bargaining position and come out publicly to say i want to be traded, but i would be much happier and appreciative if you moved me to another team, bryan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
either way, no one could have predicted that the reason why this trade didn't work for us is because bargnani 'emerged' - both parties just need to be honest with one another. they're at least professional enough to do that.

Nice post Heysus :D .

OP: Your theory is crazy bro...
TheMainEvent
Analyst
And1: 1,814

Post#35 » by TheMainEvent » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:31 pm

... your argument is that the Raptors haven't traded JO yet because MLSE/the Raptors organization might feel it's a waste to throw out all those JO bobbleheads? As opposed to what the normally do, give them away for free?

What exactly is the difference there... I doubt there's no more than one person out there (some crazy bobblehead collector) who would buy a ticket to the game BECAUSE of the bobblehead.

The reason a trade hasn't happened yet is, in my guess, because both JO and Marion have been injured on and off the past few weeks. The other likely reason? One or both GMs aren't exactly sold on the trade yet; there's still 2 weeks-ish to get a trade done, it isn't exactly smart to rush a trade when dealing with such lucrative contracts.

Oh, and if a trade does happen today or tomorrow, PLEASE don't come in here saying you were probably right =)
Good Lord, the little stoner's got a point.
TheMainEvent on Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:03 pm wrote:I say the Raptors win the championship in 2019.
ayo_23
Veteran
And1: 164

Post#36 » by ayo_23 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:32 pm

rarefind wrote:I think you should try and calculate Jermaine O'Neal's per game salary.

Yeah.

With JO... we have his salary plus they give out all the bobbleheads.

If we made the trade previous to today, we'd still have the same amount of salary and MLSE would lose money on the bobbleheads because they can't give it out.

So i don't really see your point.
ebrian
Junior
And1: 32

Post#37 » by ebrian » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:18 pm

Riley's always been the type to focus more on the here and now. Here and now, the Heat are 6th in the conference and only a game out of 4th place. Although they could use a player like O'Neal, they're not exactly desperate. The impact of giving Marion to another team will probably outweigh any impact O'Neal can make to the Heat.
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#38 » by 99 Problems » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:33 pm

So all this time I was thinking Riley was trying to extort us for more, or BC was exploring other trades, when the real answer was the bobbleheads...

I am in awe of their power..
Natural11
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#39 » by Natural11 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:09 pm

Marion is out with an injury right now. It would make no sense to pull the trigger until he returns, as we'd be giving up something for nothing unnecessarily.
rarefind
RealGM
And1: 10,055

Post#40 » by rarefind » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:40 pm

ayo_23 wrote:
rarefind wrote:I think you should try and calculate Jermaine O'Neal's per game salary.

Yeah.

With JO... we have his salary plus they give out all the bobbleheads.

If we made the trade previous to today, we'd still have the same amount of salary and MLSE would lose money on the bobbleheads because they can't give it out.

So i don't really see your point.

i am trying to show how minor 20-30 k is to mlse.. duh.

mlse is going to go broke making bobbleheads. :banghead:

Return to Toronto Raptors