ImageImageImageImageImage

Who is Chris Bosh's agent?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Who is Chris Bosh's agent? 

Post#1 » by fishercob » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:50 pm

Any idea? Thanks
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Re: Who is Chris Bosh's agent? 

Post#2 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:52 pm

Henry Thomas?

http://hoopshype.com/agents/henry_thomas.htm

Jeeze man if we're talking to Miami, no coincidence.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#3 » by dagger » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:53 pm

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:Henry Thomas?

Yes
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#4 » by J Dilla » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:24 pm

Why would Bosh and Wade need an agent when they are already so damn good?
Trax416
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#5 » by Trax416 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:29 pm

J Dilla wrote:Why would Bosh and Wade need an agent when they are already so damn good?

Is this a joke?

They need an agent to set up all of their sponsorships, to make sure they don't get completely ripped off, because they are just dumb basketball players who know nothing about business, and to take care of their well being in general.

Agents are essentially sports players fathers. They do everything for them.
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,111

Post#6 » by C Court » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:58 pm

Henry Thomas is a level headed agent, which is another reason why I believe he'll counsel Bosh to resign in Toronto and pocket $136 million from TO as opposed to taking $100 million from another team. If Bosh is unhappy at that point, then he can demand a trade. That way, he has an extra $36 million in his account.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,380

Post#7 » by Courtside » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:17 pm

Centre Court wrote:Henry Thomas is a level headed agent, which is another reason why I believe he'll counsel Bosh to resign in Toronto and pocket $136 million from TO as opposed to taking $100 million from another team. If Bosh is unhappy at that point, then he can demand a trade. That way, he has an extra $36 million in his account.

Which is pretty much what VC did, except the $93 million contract was more reasonable than a $136 million contract. Additionally, approaching the time of the extension, I would argue that VC was worth more then than Bosh is now.

If CB would take a deal for $100 mil I'd be more comfortable with the signing. If he signs for $136 million then changes his mind about wanting to be here, it would be a more difficult situation for the player and team in general. I think the Raptors would get more for Chris in a pre-emptive move this year or this summer, than they would get 2 years from now once an extension is signed. I know I'm going to start sounding repetitive or like one of the haters, but Bosh is not worth that contract.
rapcity
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#8 » by rapcity » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:31 pm

JO and TJ have the same agent. :roll:

http://hoopshype.com/agents/bob_myers.htm
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#9 » by J-Roc » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:53 pm

His screen name is cb4_admin. Keep an eye out for his posts. Very telling.
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#10 » by Gold Chain » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:56 pm

Trax416 wrote:
J Dilla wrote:Why would Bosh and Wade need an agent when they are already so damn good?

Is this a joke?

They need an agent to set up all of their sponsorships, to make sure they don't get completely ripped off, because they are just dumb basketball players who know nothing about business, and to take care of their well being in general.

No joke.

Some athletes go without. Alex Ovechkin comes to mind. He negotiated a 14 year, 100 + million dollar deal by himself. Takes guts, but is done on occasion.
AOC
Junior
And1: 8

Post#11 » by AOC » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:00 pm

double c wrote:
Trax416 wrote:

Is this a joke?

No joke.

Some athletes go without. Alex Ovechkin comes to mind. He negotiated a 14 year, 100 + million dollar deal by himself. Takes guts, but is done on occasion.

Martin Brodeur is another one that has been without an agent for years.

Trax416 has a point though; agents usually do more than just negotiate contracts, like dealing with sponsorships and promotions etc. I thought Bosh's cousin did that stuff though.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,184

Post#12 » by djsunyc » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:03 pm

his agent is rod tidwell.

and on july 1st, 2010, he will call colangelo and say "CHRIS BOSH NEEDS THE QUAN!!!"

Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#13 » by Gold Chain » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:05 pm

No joke.

Martin Brodeur is another one that has been without an agent for years.

Trax416 has a point though; agents usually do more than just negotiate contracts, like dealing with sponsorships and promotions etc. I thought Bosh's cousin did that stuff though.

For sure, for sure.

And you know, agents understand the fine print that can net them extra $$$.

They can be tricky. A good one is worth thier weight in gold. Bad one.......hell bound.
ForeveRaptorFan
Sixth Man
And1: 11

Post#14 » by ForeveRaptorFan » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:08 pm

All I know is he has the same agent as Wade.

Wade to TO to pair up with Bosh! I hope BC and Thomas has a good relation and is able to pull a miracle. :pray:
Following Bargnani's Progress since entering the League: Bargnani, Ill Mago, Barney, Bustnani, Bust and a Nani, Beastnani, Beardnani, Killer B...
ballocks
Junior
And1: 156

Post#15 » by ballocks » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:47 pm

Centre Court wrote:Henry Thomas is a level headed agent, which is another reason why I believe he'll counsel Bosh to resign in Toronto and pocket $136 million from TO as opposed to taking $100 million from another team. If Bosh is unhappy at that point, then he can demand a trade. That way, he has an extra $36 million in his account.

sometimes i wonder if i've gone completely nutso. but i mean, i can't read this post without questioning whether i was supposed to be on this earth at all. :) i dunno, if "$136 mil instead of $100 mil" is the deal breaker for any of these guys, it might be time for me to try another world. 36 mil is a lot of coin, don't get me wrong, but what does it matter if you already have 100? i mean, that's $$$ that'll last you and your family at least 100 years, probably a lot longer than that, and that could just be from the interest- i.e. without touching the principal. who needs that? who makes their decisions on that basis? i don't know about you, but i'm not planning on being here for another 1000 years!

i mean, you're probably right. i'm sure it's a huge factor for them. it might even be the deciding factor. i'm just questioning the why. it's like these guys are so rich they don't even realize how rich they are anymore. it's like the donald- what is more money going to do for him? are there not some other goals he wants to achieve? in chris' case, you'll never be able to spend all the money in your wallet as it is- but now you're struggling to make even more... and you're stressing out over it? where do we draw the line?

peace
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,487

Post#16 » by Bankai » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:12 pm

Henry Thomas is also Anthony Parker's agent.
The Stripe
Junior
And1: 9

Post#17 » by The Stripe » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:24 pm

lol...
chrome381
Starter
And1: 0

Post#18 » by chrome381 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:52 pm

Trax416 wrote:

Is this a joke?
because they are just dumb basketball players who know nothing about business

Wow there slow down ouch
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,431

Post#19 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:04 pm

Scott Boras.
nizaam
Sixth Man
And1: 415

Post#20 » by nizaam » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:23 am

Yea I can't beleive Bosh would worry about 36 million when he's going to have earned about 200 million over like a 10 year span. I think he might actually take a paay cut to leave for a contender.

Return to Toronto Raptors