ImageImageImageImageImage

What has happened to my beloved Raptors?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Zartic
Ballboy
And1: 0

What has happened to my beloved Raptors? 

Post#1 » by Zartic » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:48 am

http://f.imagehost.org/0178/8a56cdef489 ... e9ec12.jpg

That picture should have been this season. That picture should be Bosh every night. Oneil with that reaction every night.

I am in disbelief that we have reached a rebuilding stage AGAIN! I love basketball with a passion but this season has truly taken much of that away from me. I do not trust in B.C. (c'mon 2nd last in the EAST!) to take this team to any heights. He is active and willing to make trades but it seems that he has forgotten what wins games - defense. He lacks a clear vision of what to do with this team, that is extremely alarming of a general manager.

This team will have the wing player we desperately need but at what cost - Bosh? He is our franchise player (yes lacks defence, and go to moves) not because of his stats but the day he signed his second contract. That day he gave this franchise the trust and effort to support this unforgiving fanbase and city a sport we love. He has given his all, improved to his maximum physical abilities, and shaped his character. Unfortunately the time has come that his mind and heart is not with this team any longer.

He is the best player this young franchise has ever had. Just remind yourselves what gaping whole he will leave when the time finally comes - Chris Bosh Appreciation Thread...
marcroboy
Veteran
And1: 14

Re: What has happened to my beloved Raptors? 

Post#2 » by marcroboy » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:54 am

LOL it's ironic that you put up that picture which is from the game where they were pwning the "stud" front court from the Los Angeles clippers(without camby and kaman) consisting of a rookie and a 6 8' pf.

Seriously, we have tons of thread like this.
The statement below is true

The statement above is false
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,641

Post#3 » by C_Money » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:55 am

I think its gonna be really interesting to see what BC does in the offseason. He's got one year to make Bosh happy and he doesn't want to part with any of the players on the team. This upcoming offseason will prove whether he's a top tier GM or just overrated.
kirbs
Banned User

Post#4 » by kirbs » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:56 am

Vince Carter is the best player in Raptors history - from either an objective standpoint (effect on winning percentage, stats, team success, "putting the team on the map"), or from a subjective standpoint ("excitement", etc.).

This is not even debatable.

Bosh and Stoudamire are the #2 and #3 players in Raptors history, and not necessarily in that order. But #1 is not even in debate.
traveller
Junior

Post#5 » by traveller » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:59 am

We have not recovered from the disaster that was the VINCE CARTER giveaway !
nizaam
Sixth Man
And1: 415

Post#6 » by nizaam » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:04 am

Carter days were way better but i seriously thought this year and last that we're borderline contenders.
RN06
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#7 » by RN06 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:11 am

In my opinion, Bosh is a terrific basketball player but lacks on the defensive side. The Raptors cannot build around two finesse PF's and thus Bosh or Bargnani has got to go. Bosh needs to be paired up with a SG and a SF in order to play well. If the Raptors management can accomplish that than that would be terrific. Raptors can build a similar team to the mold of the Boston Celtics but Bosh cannot be the #1 option. You guy's might not agree with me but in my opinion, Bargnani is much easier to be built around. Bargnani can spread the floor much better than Bosh. If the Raptors were going to build around Bargnani might as well build a team similar to the 2005-06 Mavericks in my opinion.
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#8 » by Mustard_Tiger » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:12 am

Yep, Carter is on another level.
Bringbackoakley
Rookie
And1: 8

Post#9 » by Bringbackoakley » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:25 am

nizaam wrote:Carter days were way better but i seriously thought this year and last that we're borderline contenders.

Sarcasm I hope?
HumbleBumbleBee
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#10 » by HumbleBumbleBee » Mon Feb 2, 2009 2:32 am

We just suck...not much more to it.

Other teams in the East have gotten better, we thought we did. It hasn't worked out. Now it's time to fix it. Easier said then done. Insert cliche here ____________.
Got Raps FanFiction?
AP_cb4
Junior
And1: 226

Post#11 » by AP_cb4 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:11 am

We should stick with Bosh and Jose. Right now I would trade anyone except those 2. Bargnani cannot be a good player on a good team. He needs a lot of shots in order to make his stats look good. I have nothing against IL MAGO because I personally like him(as a player) but in order for this team to succeed is to move him especially now that he has a high value. We could get a lot in return by trading Bargs and JO.
***TurboZone
besh-best
Ballboy

Post#12 » by besh-best » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:23 am

The reality is that this team really sucks right now .
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,481

Post#13 » by Brinbe » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:25 am

traveller wrote:We have not recovered from the disaster that was the VINCE CARTER giveaway !

Not to mention the TJ travesty... two terrible trades that have killed this franchise.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,436

Post#14 » by Raps in 4 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:30 am

Brinbe wrote:
traveller wrote:We have not recovered from the disaster that was the VINCE CARTER giveaway !

Not to mention the TJ travesty... two terrible trades that have killed this franchise.

Those two trades weren't even close.

At least for TJ we got another player with value. For Carter we got absolutely nothing.

Return to Toronto Raptors