ImageImageImageImageImage

Another S. Smith with Bosh Speculation

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Re: Another S. Smith with Bosh Speculation 

Post#41 » by sule » Tue Feb 3, 2009 4:24 am

We're not trading Bosh. He's not going to want to lose $30 million, and BC isn't going to want to lose his franchise player until he's tried every roster possibility.

IF, and this is a big IF, Bosh were traded, you can bet it'd be as a sign-n-trade in the summer of 2010.
Dayne
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#42 » by Dayne » Tue Feb 3, 2009 4:33 am

TripleTTT wrote:Beasley is alot more than we got for Vince..if we could get Beasley I'd be happy..enough of this nonsense..

That's true. We got crap back for Vince (i.e. Joey Graham, Eric Williams, Aaron Williams, and Zo's salary eating up our cap space). It's a trade that in my mind set us back for years. In many ways, it still haunts us. We got no decent prospects in return or even expiring contracts. Just a bunch of over-the-hill mediocre players who ate up our cap space for a couple of years.

Beasely or Aldridge + expiring contracts + 1st round picks or additional prospects for Bosh would be a vast improvement over that trade if Bosh did not want to resign with us.
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,195

Post#43 » by gerrit4 » Tue Feb 3, 2009 5:29 am

But then don't they head in the same direction as so many other teams without the correct balance between bigs and wings?? It's not even an argument if Gay, Mayo and an aiiight guy like Gasol can work together. They're 11-35.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that although they would get better, it would be impossible for them to make the playoffs this year (they would need to almost be undefeated) and it would hardly make them a contender next year. Now why on earth would Bosh want to stay in Memphis when he could go to New York to play with Lebron or Miami with Wade and be an instant contender with either team. Bosh & Mayo is pretty good, but Mayo is not an elite player right now or probably next year.

Return to Toronto Raptors