ImageImageImageImageImage

ESPN Radio: Raptors & N.O should make a trade

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Test of Wills
Analyst
And1: 6

Re: ESPN Radio: Raptors & N.O should make a trade 

Post#41 » by Test of Wills » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:33 pm

Calderon/Daniels
Parker/Kapono
Graham/Butler
Bosh/Bargs
Chandler/Hump/Jawai

I like. I like.

But there's only one problem, like Dagger said this is basically a lateral move. If we're going to trade for Chandler then I expect one of Bargs or Bosh to be traded for a really good wing. Prefarably Bosh who could net us more and could possibly leave us in 2010.

So if this trade goes ever went down. This is what I do if I'm BC (which i'm not).

Draft Earl Clark.
Sign Carlos Delfino.
Trade Bosh for Caron Butler, Young and Blatche.
Trade Kapono to Boston for a 2010 1st pick.

Calderon/AP/Ukic
Delfino/Young
Butler/R. Butler/Earl Clark
Bargnani/Hump/Earl Clark
Chandler/Blatche/Jawai

Good young, defensive team that could score.

But yet again this is all a dream.
orangutooth
Sixth Man
And1: 101

Post#42 » by orangutooth » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:42 pm

if we could keep chandler long term, that frees us up to trade bosh or bargs for help at the wings
Sam wasn't the solution, but he wasn't the problem either
- Harry Palmer
quickymgee
Rookie
And1: 48

Post#43 » by quickymgee » Sat Feb 7, 2009 12:00 am

wow i love how people want to trade oneal for chandler and then trade bosh or bargnani for a wing. why don't you just trade oneal for a wing in the first place? jeez. i'd rather have bosh and bargnani than chandler for sure. just get nesterovic next year to play backup c. oneal can get us a really good wing with his contract or we can sign a good one through FA in 2010. either way that's a better option then those other stupid suggestions.
Test of Wills
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#44 » by Test of Wills » Sat Feb 7, 2009 12:10 am

quickymgee wrote:wow i love how people want to trade oneal for chandler and then trade bosh or bargnani for a wing. why don't you just trade oneal for a wing in the first place? jeez. i'd rather have bosh and bargnani than chandler for sure. just get nesterovic next year to play backup c. oneal can get us a really good wing with his contract or we can sign a good one through FA in 2010. either way that's a better option then those other stupid suggestions.

Kiddo.

If were making any JO deal we are not going to net a great wing. Unless you consider Marion a great wing. He's good wing but he doesn't fit our needs of a scoring guard/forward.

And plus if it means trading Bosh could net us a great wing and a couple of prospects I'd do it.

But that's just me.
BOSHFAN
Senior
And1: 3

Post#45 » by BOSHFAN » Sat Feb 7, 2009 12:36 am

Lolz HypnotiQ, you have my avy. You can use it :)
SuigintouEV on Bosh:

I don't even know if he's a starter on a championship calibur team.
Ian4
Starter
And1: 381

Post#46 » by Ian4 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 12:40 am

pointless trade
Chevy Chase
Sixth Man
And1: 820

Post#47 » by Chevy Chase » Sat Feb 7, 2009 1:48 am

dagger wrote:
ImissJordan wrote:This is the kind of trade we should make (but won't, because there is no way New Orleans would ever do this).

Chandler knows his role and doesn't try to do too much offensively. He's almost exactly the kind of guy you need to put next to Chris Bosh....but hey, we have Il Mago!

You make me laugh. Chandler's man D is terrible, and he gets into foul trouble as fast as starting big. He has no offensive game that isn't a layup, dunk or oop created by the best PG in the league. His contract is poor, and he is frequently injured.

Some of you guys really don't get it. If another team is desperate to go cheap - and NO faces luxury tax next year - you don't take on $13 million in extra salary without getting rich.

I hate to put it this way, but this economy is bad and getting worse, and in a situation like this, a team with good finances should be like a carpet-bagger or a war profiteer - taking advantage of the weak. That's why I am all for trading JO for that cap space and then lording it over the market by taking good players away from the financially feeble. This trade doesn't give us nearly enough - it's a profiteer giving a refugee 99 cents on the dollar when what we really should think of doing is paying 50 cents on the dollar/

Damn Dagger, I don't know if its the 10 yrs old port talking, but I really seem to dig everything you say. You've replaced RJC for me.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,187

Post#48 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:56 am

Toronto gets a sweet deal here. Daniels would be a perfect combo guard here has size and is a effective rebounder for his position. He would be a great fit next to Jose provides us with a secondary ball handler and a effective scorer when needed. The guy is a solid role player and Tyson is a big that we need reminds me a lot of Marcus Camby. The guy is a shot blocker and would be a great fit here now only if we can dump Kapono for Peterson as well

PG: Calderon/Daniels/Ukic
SG: Peterson/Parker/Daniels
SF: Butler/Moon/Graham
PF: Bosh/Humphries/Jawai
C: Chandler/Bargnani/Voskhul + a top 4 pick this year :droop: :love:

Gives us plenty of options to use only thing we need is a SF
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
rise of raptors
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#49 » by rise of raptors » Sat Feb 7, 2009 7:40 am

I'm not as concerned as some are about Chandler's no offensive game. We have a scoring PF in either Bosh or Bargs who need their touches anyways. I would love a C that just focuses on putbacks, alley-oops (which can be provided by Jose though not as well as CP3), defense, and what this team lacks, rebounding.

xbl_sucks wrote:Toronto gets a sweet deal here. Daniels would be a perfect combo guard here has size and is a effective rebounder for his position. He would be a great fit next to Jose provides us with a secondary ball handler and a effective scorer when needed. The guy is a solid role player and Tyson is a big that we need reminds me a lot of Marcus Camby. The guy is a shot blocker and would be a great fit here now only if we can dump Kapono for Peterson as well

PG: Calderon/Daniels/Ukic
SG: Peterson/Parker/Daniels
SF: Butler/Moon/Graham
PF: Bosh/Humphries/Jawai
C: Chandler/Bargnani/Voskhul + a top 4 pick this year :droop: :love:

Gives us plenty of options to use only thing we need is a SF

Could we perhaps use our pick on a wing instead?
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#50 » by J-Roc » Sat Feb 7, 2009 2:10 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:If JO doesn't really mesh with Bosh offensively, why would someone want to team him up with West? No way NO does this, for many reasons.

West looks so uncomfortable when he drives. I think he'd rather stay out there and just take shots, and he seems to be a better shooter than CB.
TGM
Assistant Coach
And1: 717

Post#51 » by TGM » Sat Feb 7, 2009 2:19 pm

I say the Raps should role the dice. Trade for Chandler and bring back VC. Screw the 2010 cap space, we weren't going to get much.

Two trades

NO receives

JO
Solomon
Hump
Moon

Tor receives

Chandler
Mo Pete
Daniels
Wright

NJ receives

Bargnani
Kapono
Parker
future 2nd

Tor receives

Carter
Boone

We make a late push as the 8th seed, but would have a team strong enough to get to the finals.

Jose Calderon - Antonio Daniels - Roko Ukic
Morris Peterson - Antonio Daniels
Vince Carter - Joey Graham - Julian Wright
Chris Bosh - Josh Boone - Joey Graham
Tyson Chandler - Jake Voshkul - Nathan Jawai
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#52 » by Cassius » Sat Feb 7, 2009 3:42 pm

inrapscity wrote:ok, so we're page 3 now.

i thing that makes a lot more sense would be

NOH AND PHX SHOULD MAKE A TRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they are targeting Amare in the end anyways, why not now?

Phoenix is in 9th, but they're only 2.5 games back on the Hornets.

Very slim chance those two teams make a trade that might help the other. Especially if Amare is changing teams.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.

Return to Toronto Raptors