ImageImageImageImageImage

Should JO be the #1 option of the team?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Lionel Messi
Banned User
And1: 14

Re: Should JO be the #1 option of the team? 

Post#21 » by Lionel Messi » Sat Feb 7, 2009 3:56 am

JO isnt a consistent scorer...he can score in volume but he cant be trusted...he'll have nights where his shots not falling and then what?

say what u want about bosh but i almost always feel good when he gets the ball because he can score in so many ways, and so easily.

sometimes he makes mental errors but he is a scorer.

JO, is too inconsistent, i love the guy (no homo) but he isnt a consistent scorer, neither is bargs RIGHT NOW. when his shot's not falling he cant create scoring opportunities for himself.
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#22 » by J Dilla » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:04 am

I wouldn't say JO's been inconsistent. Sure he was rusty in the starting, but as the season progressed he was returning to his old form, but got injured again, and then the injury would make him rusty again. Its a continuing cycle, once he gets rolling, he gets injured and has to start all over again.
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#23 » by Mustard_Tiger » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:05 am

BasketballAbyss wrote:Dude, look at this thread for example. It's asking for JO to be the number 1 option. That warrents high expectations does it not?

These people are delusional, then. JO is well past his prime.

Oh and Bargs made a shot yes, but he also traveled and played poor defense near the end of the game.

Sounds like the kind of mistakes he makes all the time. I'm not surprised by any of his weaknesses, he's still a very flawed player at this point in his development.

I'm not saying I expect them to do better than Bosh, I'm just finding it ironic that the people wanting to hand the franchise to either of these players, don't criticize them as they would Chris Bosh. Maybe that's homerism?

If I was going to trade Bosh (and I most certainly want the Raptors to do so), I wouldn't hand the franchise to either of these two. Preferably, you'd also find a way to trade JO, and then make Bargnani into a secondary scoring threat in the long-term.
Natural11
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#24 » by Natural11 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:08 am

JO can be a beast, but just like Bosh he can't create his own shot with 2 mins to go in the 4th while he's double teamed. We need a 1-3 who can step up and be the man in those situations, and we don't have anyone good enough to do it. Jose has the shooting talent to be the endgame guy, but can't seem to come up with his own shots.
michaelc204
Bench Warmer
And1: 141

Post#25 » by michaelc204 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:09 am

Trade Bosh for Aldridge, Fernandez, Blake and a pick :)
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#26 » by J Dilla » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:11 am

michaelc204 wrote:Trade Bosh for Aldridge, Fernandez, Blake and a pick :)

Hmmm, Roy,Bosh, and Oden. Me like.
Batmanz
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#27 » by Batmanz » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:11 am

ya, we should try to get it inside first of all..he's not afraid to pass to cutters and it will lead to better looks..
the more guys touch the ball the less likely they are to force up shots IMO
we always have our bread and butter pick and roll

we make it too easy for opposing teams on d, while we're jumping around scrambling to get a stop
MTLraptorFan
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#28 » by MTLraptorFan » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:13 am

if he could stay healthy he could make an argument for that number 1 option but he cant so no
traps#10
Head Coach
And1: 8,364

Post#29 » by traps#10 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:14 am

JO would be the first option whenever Bosh is unable to play.

Return to Toronto Raptors