ImageImageImageImageImage

Hollinger on Mo Williams' All-Star selection

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

RJ2392
Veteran
And1: 8

Re: Hollinger on Mo Williams' All-Star selection 

Post#21 » by RJ2392 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:18 am

Magic All The Way wrote:When was Mo Williams selected? And for who?

Kobe Bryant.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#22 » by NashtyNas » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:19 am

Agreeeeed.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
COY0607
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,815

Post#23 » by COY0607 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:42 am

yeah this infatuation with having players from teams with winning records is pretty stupid.......mo williams has the exact same stats as last year, and even thou i didnt really see him much last year, i doubt that he is playing much differect, does anyone think that mo williams should have been an all star last year........lets leave the team play to the all nba team selection and let the all star game be just a form of pure entertainment
azorian
Veteran
And1: 1,660

Post#24 » by azorian » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:57 am

If this is the case why wereso many players from the pistons chosen. I guarantee you I'm not paying a ticket to see billups or hamilton play individually.

Why was Bosh voted onto the team.

Using this reasoning only flashy players should be chosen for the all star game. What other method is there for the league to reward players for their efforts without using something monetary, how else can they expose players to new fans. This is an opportunity to promote players to fans to purchase more jerseys. They're doing a great job.

If it were up to me I would have the fans choose the entire team. Even then we will still find reasons to complain.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#25 » by J-Roc » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:10 am

Mo just isn't all-star material anyway. But the fact a guy like VC is left off ahead of Mo makes it even worse.
Superboy316KING
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#26 » by Superboy316KING » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:26 am

tha all-star game has no credibility anymore.
the whole weekend has lost its appeal due to all the bullsh** and politics
stopnpop
Bench Warmer
And1: 18

Post#27 » by stopnpop » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:57 am

Dude, VC should be on the team ahead of Lewis/Nelson/Allen/Mo....he should even be in ahead of Harris...watch that team without VC, horrible..VC is playing great again, but people forget how great he is
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#28 » by sh00n » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:09 am

Amen.

Mo Williams over Vince? :lol:
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
Sifu
Veteran
And1: 1,005

Post#29 » by Sifu » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:26 am

ImissJordan wrote:
ghuytro wrote:
dillio wrote:i concur

As Senior Executive VP, Mississauga North Division, I say Hollinger makes too much sense here.

LOL LOL LOL

:bowdown: :clap:

This is why he gets paid the big bucks!
Raptor_Guy
General Manager
And1: 3,053

Post#30 » by Raptor_Guy » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:42 am

So true, its not like fans are getting all roudy thinking "ooo there's Mo Williams! Look how good he is at passing to LeBron James and hitting open 3's!" :D
jsmith
Senior
And1: 9

Post#31 » by jsmith » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:07 am

bingo, who is the player that will produce more highlight style plays at the all-star game, mo or vince?

commmonnnn
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#32 » by MagicMadness » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:18 am

Though I was glad to see Nelson (and to a lesser extent, Lewis) make the team, I agree that too much weight is put on team record when choosing the reserves.

If the Magic were going to have a reserve, it should have been either Nelson or Lewis, not both. Of course, the coaches don't all huddle into a room and choose the players - but maybe they should, so they can discuss players and ultimately come up with better lists of reserves.
SuigintouEV
General Manager
And1: 1,555

Post#33 » by SuigintouEV » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:28 am

IMHO Delonte West and Ilgauskis are more valuable to the cavs than Mo Williams tbqh

IMO an all-star has to be someone who shows an ability to carry a team. VC and harris have done exactly that - they have probably the worst supporting cast in history! The only other half-decent player on that team is a rookie center. That trio carries the team.

Now, with regards to the celtics, that's different - we know these players are all very much capable of carrying a team, but thier ability to mesh doesn't just carry them, it carries them to a ridiculously good record despite no true MVP-level guy, and we all know the only one on the big 4 for that team who would look bad on a bad team is Rondo. It's a matter of skillset.

We've seen Mo Williams on a bad team too, he's not a guy who carries a team. He's a talented scorer, but no All-Star; IE a player who can consistently (and i don't mean a chucker like AI) make GREAT plays on either end. Same applies to Chris B-*gets shot*

I think Iguodala might have deserved it more than Mo - and despite the clear difference in team record - win shares reflect it.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
RapsGirl
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#34 » by RapsGirl » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:03 am

i figured Raptors fans would be the last set to complain about Mo Williams' ordinary/non-flashy game as the reason he SHOULDN'T be an All-Star. i mean, CB4 isn't exactly the walking highlight reel.

while Vince is definitely more exciting, Mo has had a pretty noteworthy season. even if only b/c Lebron makes everybody around him look good.

hopefully if Ray Allen has to sit out, Vince or someone else who was "snubbed", will get their shot.
RapsGirl
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#35 » by RapsGirl » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:17 am

honestly though, the All-Star Game should be reserved for those who are simply stars. all the time.

Return to Toronto Raptors