ImageImageImageImageImage

Triano and Leo should switch

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

deCash24
Banned User
And1: 0

Triano and Leo should switch 

Post#1 » by deCash24 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:11 am

I seriously think Leo could do a better job coaching this team than Triano....You can tell just from him broadcasting that he has a bit of a temper, and he wouldn't take all this stupidity with a smile on his face like Triano does, or that blank stare or w.e it is...Also in the timeouts, all Triano does is look down at his board and draws up his lil plays which hardly ever amount to anything, he never looks any of his players in the eye and tells them what their doing right or wrong, this is where i think Leo could exell comapred...It just seems like Leo has a much better grasp of the coaching position than Triano, he's far too timid, he's born to be a behind the scenes type a dude..

What do ya'll think?
The Letter V
Analyst
And1: 11

Re: Triano and Leo should switch 

Post#2 » by The Letter V » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:20 am

Go to bed Leo.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,649

Post#3 » by C_Money » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:32 am

I don't think the players would like Leo. Read some of the stories people have said about him here. He's a prick. Lets also not forget about the whole Dalembert thing.
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#4 » by Volcano » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:39 am

Leo as coach?? LEO?! We should make Chuck Swirsky coach..that guy could get our entire team excited for some salami and cheese!

anyways, we've seen Triano go haywire on the refs..so it's not like he's actually timid
DKwan416
Junior
And1: 2

Post#5 » by DKwan416 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:46 am

i didnt know you had a realgm account, leo.
v1n5anity
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,060

Post#6 » by v1n5anity » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:53 am

The Letter V wrote:Go to bed Leo.

LMAO :rofl:
youngLion
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#7 » by youngLion » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:15 am

This is insane. You know what advantage Triano has over Rautins? COACHING EXPERIENCE. This is something Leo ostensibly never had before becoming the coach of team Canada.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#8 » by J-Roc » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:09 pm

I'd like to have someone like Leo on the staff, to tell these guys what they're doing wrong. Other than "work hard" and "bring energy".
Indiana Jones
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,548
Location: Assistant Dean of Students, Marshall College, Bedford, Connecticut

Post#9 » by Indiana Jones » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:53 pm

this would be my reaction if leo was hired as a coach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHh0rf0ojEc&feature=related
Mascot
Lead Assistant
And1: 972

Post#10 » by Mascot » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:11 pm

deCash24 wrote:I seriously think Leo could do a better job coaching this team than Triano....You can tell just from him broadcasting that he has a bit of a temper, and he wouldn't take all this stupidity with a smile on his face like Triano does, or that blank stare or w.e it is...Also in the timeouts, all Triano does is look down at his board and draws up his lil plays which hardly ever amount to anything, he never looks any of his players in the eye and tells them what their doing right or wrong, this is where i think Leo could exell comapred...It just seems like Leo has a much better grasp of the coaching position than Triano, he's far too timid, he's born to be a behind the scenes type a dude..

What do ya'll think?

LOL@Leo as coach of the raps,

At least put it the right way

Triano to coach BOTH Team Canada and the Raps
Neenja
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#11 » by Neenja » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:21 pm

Leo who ?
I know of one Leo and hes the one constantly criticizing saying that Bosh needs to drive to the hoop more when NO ONE ELSE DRIVES...
You can't mean this Leo who criticizes the best player on the team but no one else
-EKKM-
Sophomore

Post#12 » by -EKKM- » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:22 pm

Maybe we should hire one of those NBA vets that is known to play hard and has a temper. He could bench guys after making one mistake and get in players face in the locker room and make them cry and want to quit the NBA.

Its too bad we never had a coach like that because if we did I'm sure we would have won the championship by now.
J-Roc
RealGM

Post#13 » by J-Roc » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:45 pm

Neenja wrote:Leo who ?
I know of one Leo and hes the one constantly criticizing saying that Bosh needs to drive to the hoop more when NO ONE ELSE DRIVES...
You can't mean this Leo who criticizes the best player on the team but no one else

That's the worst you have one Leo??
TO_Raptors
Freshman

Post#14 » by TO_Raptors » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:48 pm

LOL, Leo Rautins..... Our Canadian team sucks because of him, our broadcast sucks because of him....

Bring Triano back to the Canadian National Team..... He shoudl have never left....
notic101
Lead Assistant
And1: 48

Post#15 » by notic101 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:52 pm

This is almost as bad as suggesting KO to return.

Sure, Leo has fundamentally sound knowledge of the game, but interpersonal skills is a whole other ball-game, namely with highly paid professionals. Leo, like KO, would be tuned out 10 games in.

Triano is doing just fine, not saying he's perfect but he's doing an admirable job. Our team is the problem, too many holes to fill on a nightly basis, when will the majority of you kids grasp this?
J-Roc
RealGM

Post#16 » by J-Roc » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:02 pm

Definitely coaching has to do with handling players and egos as well as x's and o's. The only thing we can say about Leo now is he seems to know what the team SHOULD be trying to do. But does he know the x's and o's to make it happen?? Who knows. And does he have the ability to motivate?? Probably not, from what happened this summer.

As for Triano and those clowns sitting with him....they seem to be able to motivate and even know some x's and os'. But often they don't even seem to know what needs to be done. ie. letting Jose crowd guys like Telfair and Rondo.
Batmanz
Banned User

Post#17 » by Batmanz » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:15 pm

no.

not even funny.

Triano has been getting more out of the roster than Mitchell. Putting better line ups on the floor..

However..

Ultimately BC has to get "his guy" at the helm and should just interview candidates at the end of the season with Jay on the list.

Colangelo scares me when he says Jay has done nothing wrong..and Jay is also not referred to as the "interim" head coach anymore..
I'm just not comfortable with him..
The biggest mistake would be to give him a long term contract..and BC showed he's given ppl guaranteed contracts as votes of confidence. If he's gonna give Triano a chance just give him a 1yr with team options.

but as far as leo he should gtfo
J-Roc
RealGM

Post#18 » by J-Roc » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:22 pm

disahstar wrote:no.

not even funny.

Triano has been getting more out of the roster than Mitchell. Putting better line ups on the floor..

However..

Ultimately BC has to get "his guy" at the helm and should just interview candidates at the end of the season with Jay on the list.

Colangelo scares me when he says Jay has done nothing wrong..and Jay is also not referred to as the "interim" head coach anymore..
I'm just not comfortable with him..
The biggest mistake would be to give him a long term contract..and BC showed he's given ppl guaranteed contracts as votes of confidence. If he's gonna give Triano a chance just give him a 1yr with team options.

but as far as leo he should gtfo

Don't worry about the stuff BC says. If he made it sounds even possible that Jay wasn't his guy, then how could you expect the players to listen to Jay? If you were a player and you had it in your head that this guy was out the door anyways, you wouldn't take him seriously.

The thing about Jay is he's just like Mitchell, in that he has the respect of his players. But it comes down to wins and losses. And maybe what this team needs is a **** coach who yells at his team like Stan Van Gundy. BC will evaluate till the end of the year.
Yungstar
Senior
And1: 157

Post#19 » by Yungstar » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:29 pm

I don't know if I would ever want to see Leo coach the Raps; however, sometimes I wish he would just take off his headset and walk over to the bench and call these guys out sometimes.

Like with the Minny game, why did it take us 3 quarters to eventually sag off Telfair? Leo mentioned that from the get-go yet Calderon continued to be up on him. You could tell it was irritating Leo like hell too, lol. Many different times he'll make some good call outs, but the team never adjusts till it's too late. Can't Jay and Leo txt each other or something? lol...
J-Roc
RealGM

Post#20 » by J-Roc » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:33 pm

Yungstar wrote:I don't know if I would ever want to see Leo coach the Raps; however, sometimes I wish he would just take off his headset and walk over to the bench and call these guys out sometimes.

Like with the Minny game, why did it take us 3 quarters to eventually sag off Telfair? Leo mentioned that from the get-go yet Calderon continued to be up on him. You could tell it was irritating Leo like hell too, lol. Many different times he'll make some good call outs, but the team never adjusts till it's too late. Can't Jay and Leo txt each other or something? lol...

That blew me away, too. But it's not even about making the "adjustment". Why would they start the game off by crowding Telfair???

Return to Toronto Raptors