ImageImageImageImageImage

this board is embarrassing- panic button!!!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

garbagnani
Starter
And1: 194

this board is embarrassing- panic button!!! 

Post#1 » by garbagnani » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:18 pm

Reading people panic induced reactions to this trade is an embarassment.

Toronto fans have a reputation of not knowing basketball. This is another example.

People are freaking out over a draft pick? its lottery ptorected from 2010-2014, who even cares. If BC does his job that pick will be in the late 20's and basically worthless (okay worth very little).

People thinking bosh will sign with miami in 2010?? Bosh isnt leave 30 million on the table. Bosh will be traded, or Bosh will be right here.

Trading JO had to happen. Marion is a short term rental, that may be resigned if he fits in, and if we can resign him at a reasonable price. JO was not much of an asset, we are lucky to get rid of him. Marion may not be much of an asset (worst case) but it is low risk (expires end of season).

People want BC to make moves, he makes one and everyone freaks out. You don't know more than BC, you are nobody from nowhere. BC is finally going to put his stamp on this team. What maeks you goofs think that you are smarter than him? or more basketball saavy?

He is a well respected GM through the league (not by you moron haters), he is the best exectuve that we have ever had, stop panicking and let the guy do his job. Have a little faith in the guys track record, an stop being such duchebags!
Morena R
Analyst
And1: 1
Location: Born in Santo Dominigo,Dominican Rep, But I Go To School In Toronto

Re: this board is embarassing- panick button!!! 

Post#2 » by Morena R » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:20 pm

If you don't like real gm then go find another place . Your not making the situation any better by posting on how we are. When your making yourself look like an idiot.
garbagnani
Starter

Post#3 » by garbagnani » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:21 pm

lol. just re-read my rant. some embarassing spelling mistakes in it. lol. thats what happens when you read a bunch of garbage, make a rant, and click submit out of anger!
Phenomenologist
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#4 » by Phenomenologist » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:24 pm

Don't bother with him, Bosh Princess. I've never seen him post a single cogent, well-thought out point. He typically supports his conclusions by immediately assuming them to be true, and verbally insults anyone who can't see the "obvious" logic in his meandering, non-sensical diatribes.
garbagnani
Starter

Post#5 » by garbagnani » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:25 pm

boshprincess wrote:If you don't like real gm then go find another place . Your not making the situation any better by posting on how we are. When your making yourself look like an idiot.

I'm not making it any worse either.

There are some decent posters on here, and good links to raptors related articles. This is what keeps me coming back.

The constant hating, and mr know it alls drive me nuts
Bringbackoakley
Rookie
And1: 8

Re: this board is embarrassing- panic button!!! 

Post#6 » by Bringbackoakley » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:32 pm

Nice post Garbage, exactly how I feel, if we are terrible than we will get the pick.

I just don't understand why everyone was saying trade JO when Bargo broke out, now they get their wish and they are complaining.
SBC Packers
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#7 » by SBC Packers » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:33 pm

garbagnani wrote:lol. just re-read my rant. some embarassing spelling mistakes in it. lol. thats what happens when you read a bunch of garbage, make a rant, and click submit out of anger!

You still spelled panac wrong. :wink:
“If you want to get what nobody has, you have to do what nobody wants to do.” - Chris Bosh
garbagnani
Starter

Post#8 » by garbagnani » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:33 pm

Phenomenologist wrote:Don't bother with him, Bosh Princess. I've never seen him post a single cogent, well-thought out point. He typically supports his conclusions by immediately assuming them to be true, and verbally insults anyone who can't see the "obvious" logic in his meandering, non-sensical diatribes.

Dude you are the biggest know it all on here.

Have I verbally insulted you?

you really are a master of the english language aren't you? lol. does using words like cogent, and diatribes make you feel smart? lol. You know 80% of the people on here don't even understand you.

you also seem to think that you would make a better bball exec than BC, and that you have the right to write off my comments as ignorant. That is total bs.

You obviously don't read my posts. I rarely insult people.

My opinion is that you are totally arrogant.
gangstaff
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#9 » by gangstaff » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:33 pm

06: 47-35
07: 41-41
08: 21-34

3 years ago: Bosh, another decent big, Jose, $10 cap space, high draft pick
End of this year: Bosh, another decent big, Jose, $10 cap space, high draft pick
garbagnani
Starter

Post#10 » by garbagnani » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:34 pm

SBC Packers wrote:
garbagnani wrote:lol. just re-read my rant. some embarassing spelling mistakes in it. lol. thats what happens when you read a bunch of garbage, make a rant, and click submit out of anger!

You still spelled panac wrong. :wink:

lol. panaced
garbagnani
Starter

Post#11 » by garbagnani » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:36 pm

gangstaff wrote:06: 47-35

End of this year: Bosh, another decent big, Jose, $10 cap space, high draft pick

who do you suggest that we should have used that cap space on? please enlighten me. I am sure you have all kinds of ideas that are beyond anything BC could have conjured up. plus its 18m cap space end of this year.
bane_dd
Banned User

Post#12 » by bane_dd » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:36 pm

Bringbackoakley wrote:Nice post Garbage, exactly how I feel, if we are terrible than we will get the pick.

I just don't understand why everyone was saying trade JO when Bargo broke out, now they get their wish and they are complaining.

+1

Not only that, we can buy the exact pick we traded away with the money Miami gave us. If anything, that pick will take $2.5M or more off our books in the 2010 FA season.
RaptorReloaded
Veteran
And1: 970

Post#13 » by RaptorReloaded » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:36 pm

I totally agree with you man.

I'll take a former 2 time exec of the year decision and opinion over any hater on this board.

Marion is really what this team needs right now.An energy wing that defends, rebounds and steals.

I'm actualy kinda excited to see how this is gonna work. He could be that garbage player that we've been missing since Garbo except ten times better and more athletic.
garbagnani
Starter

Post#14 » by garbagnani » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:39 pm

bane_dd wrote:
Bringbackoakley wrote:Nice post Garbage, exactly how I feel, if we are terrible than we will get the pick.

+1

Not only that, we can buy the exact pick we traded away with the money Miami gave us. If anything, that pick will take $2.5M or more off our books in the 2010 FA season.

Guys like the "Phenom" like to second guess everything BC does... Makes them feel smart. They have a 50/50 chance to be right. And when they are we never hear the end of it, when their wrong they do a Harry Palmer
Indiana Jones
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,548
Location: Assistant Dean of Students, Marshall College, Bedford, Connecticut

Post#15 » by Indiana Jones » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:39 pm

garbagnani wrote:
boshprincess wrote:If you don't like real gm then go find another place . Your not making the situation any better by posting on how we are. When your making yourself look like an idiot.

There are some decent posters on here, and good links to raptors related articles. This is what keeps me coming back.

your avatar name speaks wonders...
Morena R
Analyst
Location: Born in Santo Dominigo,Dominican Rep, But I Go To School In Toronto

Post#16 » by Morena R » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:41 pm

garbagnani wrote:

Dude, just because some people don't think like you doesn't mean you to insult them. That's why people post on RealGm, to say there opinion. Obviously, there are going to be people that you don't agree with. There's no need to make a thread out of it.

Concusion: Your logic is one I have not heard of.
gangstaff
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#17 » by gangstaff » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:48 pm

garbagnani wrote:

who do you suggest that we should have used that cap space on? please enlighten me. I am sure you have all kinds of ideas that are beyond anything BC could have conjured up. plus its 18m cap space end of this year.

I'm pretty sure its not 18 in cap space, but if you show me all the numbers i'll gladly bow to your accounting awesomeness.

Who would we have used the money on in 06? Well Parker and Garbo were decent signings, nothing special but not horrible. Fred Jones sucked. Salmons would have been nice but that wasn't really BC's fault. That free agent crop sucked from what I remember, much like this years. But we can't blame that on the GM, right?

Those numbers are more to drive home the fact that BC has netted no progress in 3 years, and in fact has wasted 3 excellent years of Bosh.
garbagnani
Starter

Post#18 » by garbagnani » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:53 pm

I didn't call out names. Anyone that felt insulted by what i wrote must feel that they do their fair share of second guessing every move that BC makes, hating on our players, and hammering down on the panic button every chance they get.
Bringbackoakley
Rookie
And1: 8

Post#19 » by Bringbackoakley » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:53 pm

gangstaff wrote:

I'm pretty sure its not 18 in cap space, but if you show me all the numbers i'll gladly bow to your accounting awesomeness.

Who would we have used the money on in 06? Well Parker and Garbo were decent signings, nothing special but not horrible. Fred Jones sucked. Salmons would have been nice but that wasn't really BC's fault. That free agent crop sucked from what I remember, much like this years. But we can't blame that on the GM, right?

Those numbers are more to drive home the fact that BC has netted no progress in 3 years, and in fact has wasted 3 excellent years of Bosh.

This years free agent crop is not that bad? Artest, Marion, Odom, Iverson, Gordon, Sessions would all help this team. This years crop is far superior to that years.
garbagnani
Starter

Post#20 » by garbagnani » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:59 pm

gangstaff wrote:
garbagnani wrote:

Accounting awesomeness? I simply stated a fact. JO's salary is 24 mill next year. That is now off our books. We added banks at what 6 million? (i am not even sure). I am just sure its a hell of a lot more than 10 million. That was a severe round down by you, in an obvious attempt to undermine BC.

History has proven that we have a tremendously difficult time signing free agents. To even have a shot we have to overpay (ie/ Kapono). Look at what just happened with Baron, maggette, Brand. Those teams handcuffed themselves for years with those signings. BC is no idiot, I think fans should have faith.

Return to Toronto Raptors