ImageImageImageImageImage

Tonight's Court Surfing

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Paradokz
Pro Prospect
And1: 214

Re: Tonight's Court Surfing 

Post#21 » by Paradokz » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:10 pm

court cuts = awesome!
court surfings = not so much
blogging segment = worst, most boring 2 minutes of talking of the night
AlvinWilliams_fan
Analyst
And1: 18

Post#22 » by AlvinWilliams_fan » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:17 pm

DO NOT CHANGE COURT CUTS PLEASE ITS AMAZING AS IT IS
My Game is Raptors Basketball
FIRE BRYAN COLANGELO RIGHT NOW
Waylon Mercy wrote:DeMar please F*ck my Wife PLEASE!!!!!!!
Rainbow
Freshman
And1: 33

Post#23 » by Rainbow » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:22 pm

I like Court Cuts a lot. I left feedback on the link provided.
RapsVC15
RealGM
And1: 424

Post#24 » by RapsVC15 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:32 pm

Court cuts is awesome, easily one of the best highlight packages going around.
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,150

Post#25 » by The Duke » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:47 pm

Anas, I was unable to attend the taping that day due to an eye injury, (nothing like Amare tho).

Just understand that posters will be providing there insight, many which may not be positive.

As for me, Court Surfing should be done just like the NCAA Tournament is done. Very quick commentry between games, (leading up to games), it makes the commentry better (more concentrated on good points, and leaves out fluff).... also keep viewers more in lined to the programing... and I think more ball, would mean more viewers.....
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#26 » by Gold Chain » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:50 pm

The Duke wrote:Anas, I was unable to attend the taping that day due to an eye injury, (nothing like Amare tho).

Just understand that posters will be providing there insight, many which may not be positive.

As for me, Court Surfing should be done just like the NCAA Tournament is done. Very quick commentry between games, (leading up to games), it makes the commentry better (more concentrated on good points, and leaves out fluff).... also keep viewers more in lined to the programing... and I think more ball, would mean more viewers.....

And more cowbell.

And way less male inclusion. How about some women to add some flavour to television's biggest sausage party. The audience is hurting and the WWE-styled callbacks with the hosts make me feel like I am trying to wade through the trash at the Dufferin Mall food court. And don't change court cuts.
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#27 » by RonaldArtest » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:13 pm

double c wrote:
The Duke wrote:Anas, I was unable to attend the taping that day due to an eye injury, (nothing like Amare tho).

And more cowbell.

And way less male inclusion. How about some women to add some flavour to television's biggest sausage party. The audience is hurting and the WWE-styled callbacks with the hosts make me feel like I am trying to wade through the trash at the Dufferin Mall food court. And don't change court cuts.

+1 on more cowbell, that would be great!

And getting some chicks is a fine idea as well. I mean honestly, Mark Strong is so bad I think I'd prefer Norma Wick over him.

Yeah, THAT Norma Wick.....
bychai
Veteran
And1: 3
Location: forward, not backward. upward not forward. and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

Post#28 » by bychai » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:20 pm

Definitely agree on removing the fluff from Court Surfing... it just needs to be non-stop ball.

As for Court Cuts, there's nothing that needs to be changed. It's awesome, and always has been... best highlight reels by far.
shoutout to Slam Dumb! for ignoring my email!
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#29 » by Mustard_Tiger » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:22 pm

Scrapdoomfraud wrote:Anas, is it possible that you could do something to make Court Surfing less annoying?

I've only seen it once and I hate the guy that talks with constant slang (I have no idea what his name is).
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#30 » by 5DOM » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:27 pm

Court Cuts is AWESOME
KMD
Junior
And1: 45

Post#31 » by KMD » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:45 pm

I'll have my brodcasting diploma in 2 years, i'll come save court surfing.

Whoever's idea the new courtsurfing was clearly watched too much BET since it's like a mix of 106 & Park and The Basement. The only way you can pull of a live crowd is if you're bringing in actual basketball celebrities to comment on the games your showing. The DJ is kind of corny too, and this is coming from a DJ. I mean i get it, basketball, hiphop, slang blah blah blah but the whole thing is forced to the point that it's embarassing.

I like Mark Strong on NBAXL, i think he does pretty decent. But on Court Cuts nobody is buying what dude is selling. And Sherm is solid too, but he comes off better from an analysis standpoint, not trying to entertain us by speaking in slang or whatever. He's good on Raptors post up.

I really appreciate what the guys at the Score are trying to do, and that's basically just to make watching ball on a tuesday night a lot of fun. For that, i'll support whatever you guys choose to do with the show by continuing to watch. I just feel that changes need to be made to give it a more legit feel.

I'm not on the "go back to the old court surfing" bandwagon at this point. But I would certainly support some changes to the current format. I feel like the show is running before it's walking and in turn it stumbles a little bit.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#32 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:53 pm

Court cuts is awesome, Court Surfing misses the mark by a mile.

Return to Toronto Raptors