ImageImageImageImageImage

Bosh files salvo at Mathis (the saga continues)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Re: Bosh files salvo at Mathis (the saga continues) 

Post#21 » by sule » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:03 am

I bet Feschuk never writes a followup, or only does when the Mathis party responds with further allegations. Then Feschuk will ignore anything the Bosh camp has said and only point to what it might not have said and use that to further vilify him. B/c that's the way the Feschuk plays.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,628

Post#22 » by Fairview4Life » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:13 am

Email from Oct. 21st. I love it.

THE MOST IMPORTANT QUOTE:

"Accounting from November, 2008, I have sent monthly support payments for my daughter to (Mathis); however (Mathis) has not cashed those checks," Bosh's affidavit says.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
seanied
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#23 » by seanied » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:33 am

timdunkit wrote:I cant believe that some people tore CB4 apart for this ... hopefully this should shut up the haters ... this email is actual proof ....

I can't believe you can't believe that. How is the weather in Niceville these days?

(While I'm 99% sure the e-mail is valid, I would go so far as to say it's proof as yet.)
Jules Henri Poincaré wrote:A pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science.
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#24 » by Fairview4Life » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:35 am

seanied wrote:
timdunkit wrote:I cant believe that some people tore CB4 apart for this ... hopefully this should shut up the haters ... this email is actual proof ....

I can't believe you can't believe that. How is the weather in Niceville these days?

(While I'm 99% sure the e-mail is valid, I would go so far as to say it's proof as yet.)

It's the kind of easily verifiable thing that a court can check, even through his ISP if they have to. As are the checks she never cashed.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Lionel Messi
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#25 » by Lionel Messi » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:45 am

I never read too much into the threads regarding this, but did people ever actually question Bosh here?

The first article about this was a list of all HER allegations, how could anyone base an opinion on one person's side of the story (not to mention one that had no proof behind it).

I mean, to me it looked as clear cut of a case of a girl trying to pry money from her rich/celebrity ex.

I am shocked at the lack of interpretation skills there are on this board, actually, come to think of it no I am not.
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,111

Post#26 » by C Court » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:47 am

Fairview4Life wrote:Email from Oct. 21st. I love it.

"Accounting from November, 2008, I have sent monthly support payments for my daughter to (Mathis); however (Mathis) has not cashed those checks," Bosh's affidavit says.

Its a legal maneoveur. Nothing more. nothing less.

She would not have cashed the checks based on advice of her lawyer. In the eyes of the law, by accepting and cashing the checks she is acknowledging the support (say $1500/mth) is sufficient to meet her needs and expectations. By rejecting the checks, she is rejecting that the support payments are adequate.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
C Court
RealGM

Post#27 » by C Court » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:56 am

Like everyone is saying ... there are two sides to every story.

One key point that Bosh has not denied and remains unanswered is that he alegedly kicked her out of their shared home Dallas.

So his question of 'surprise' that she moved to her mother's home in Maryland is disingenuous because Chris evicted her from their Dallas home - a point he has not denied.

When you're seven months pregnant and unemployed it would be difficult (if not impossible) to get an apartment in Dallas. She wouldn't pass a credit check.
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#28 » by Fairview4Life » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:00 am

Centre Court wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:Email from Oct. 21st. I love it.

Its a legal maneoveur. Nothing more. nothing less.

She would not have cashed the checks based on advice of her lawyer. In the eyes of the law, by accepting and cashing the checks she is acknowledging the support (say $1500/mth) is sufficient to meet her needs and expectations. By rejecting the checks, she is rejecting that the support payments are adequate.

Yeah let's not say $1500/month. Let's not put a price down that we'll have to back track on later. Of course it is a legal maneuver. I'm assuming all of the people that took her word as completely accurate and said that Bosh didn't support her at all, was a deadbeat, a fool, a tool, etc. know all about those kinds of maneuvers. When they asked how Bosh could not support his daughter at all I'm sure they will now ask the same things of the mother who didn't cash his checks to support her daughter because her lawyers advised her it would be a better idea not to legally.
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#29 » by Fairview4Life » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:01 am

Centre Court wrote:Like everyone is saying ... there are two sides to every story.

One key point that Bosh has not denied and remains unanswered is that he alegedly kicked her out of their shared home Dallas.

So his question of 'surprise' that she moved to her mother's home in Maryland is disingenuous because Chris evicted her from their Dallas home - a point he has not denied.

When you're seven months pregnant and unemployed it would be difficult (if not impossible) to get an apartment in Dallas. She wouldn't pass a credit check.

It wouldn't have been tough if she had cashed a check or two, I imagine. But, you know, legal maneuvers.
C Court
RealGM

Post#30 » by C Court » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:10 am

Fairview4Life wrote:
Centre Court wrote:Like everyone is saying ... there are two sides to every story.

It wouldn't have been tough if she had cashed a check or two, I imagine. But, you know, legal maneuvers.

Do you have any knowledge of family law and/or child custody law? No. I'm providing real answers so you don't continue to embarrass yourself with uneducated comments.

Why does Chris Bosh need to have sex with Mathis when you'd willing do him anyday??
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#31 » by Fairview4Life » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:14 am

Centre Court wrote:Besides being a smart ass, you're a dumb ass. Do you have any knowledge of family law and/or child custody law? No. I'm providing real answers so you don't continue to embarrass yourself with uneducated comments.

Why does Chris Bosh need to have sex with Mathis when you'd willing do him anyday??

I agreed that she didn't cash his checks for legal reasons, hoping to get more later. They broke up when he came back from the Olympics. She was somehow able to stay in Dallas for months after that on her own. Why wouldn't he be surprised she moved to Maryland weeks before the due date? He probably didn't realize, on Oct. 21st, that she would not cash the checks he was going to send starting in November for legal reasons and planned to file suit in Maryland in November.
Jay240
Sixth Man
And1: 594

Post#32 » by Jay240 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:22 am

He should offer her $100,000 a year and tell her to "Take it and go" in an Indian accent.
vulture
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,968

Post#33 » by vulture » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:26 am

It's nice to see CC continue to be wrong. :D
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#34 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:29 am

Centre Court wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:

Besides being a smart ass, you're a dumb ass. Do you have any knowledge of family law and/or child custody law? No. I'm providing real answers so you don't continue to embarrass yourself with uneducated comments.

Hey man, you should lighten up.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#35 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:32 am

I hate to do this, because it's just more speculation and there is too much of already. But, here's more; What's the deal with the emergency C section, is that something they should pay attention to? Is it possible, she traveled for the sole purpose of delivering in the other state? Is that relevant.
C Court
RealGM

Post#36 » by C Court » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:33 am

vulture wrote:It's nice to see CC continue to be wrong. :D

This from someone who actually misses Harry Palmer.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,100

Post#37 » by tecumseh18 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:35 am

Centre Court wrote:
Besides being a smart ass, you're a dumb ass. Do you have any knowledge of family law and/or child custody law? No. I'm providing real answers so you don't continue to embarrass yourself with uneducated comments.

Um, CC was that really necessary?

As it happens, I write what is widely considered to be the bible of family law for lawyers in Ontario, and my knowledge makes me reluctant to comment on the law and practice of another jurisdiction. Laws vary widely from province to province and state to state, which is why lawyers have to requalify when they move.

But I can't believe that if she was really in need, the courts in Maryland or Texas would infer that the status quo was acceptable. To put it in lawyer-speak, she wouldn't be estopped from claiming more by taking less.

FYI, in Canada and many US states, but apparently not Texas, there is a relatively inflexible guideline for child support based on the non-custodial parent's income. If this all happened in Canada, Bosh would be on the hook for 10's of thousands of dollars per month.
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#38 » by Fairview4Life » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:35 am

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:I hate to do this, because it's just more speculation and there is too much of already. But, here's more; What's the deal with the emergency C section, is that something they should pay attention to? Is it possible, she traveled for the sole purpose of delivering in the other state? Is that relevant.

Her mother apparently lives there. Although it could be another legal maneuver.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#39 » by Cassius » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:36 am

Fairview beat me to it. CC, you sound like a real pansy right now. Either the girl's financial situation was desperate (as she alleges) and Chris is a jerk
OR
She's a money grubbing gold digger who has had the whole thing calculated from the jump. Again, this woman is four years Chris' senior. What kind of 28/29 year old woman lives off a 24 year old millionaire? What kind of life was she leading before meeting Chris if she had no problem moving 2,000km to do nothing but sit on her butt and live off his money?

That sounds like someone with no pride and your support for her makes you sound like a guy with no balls. SHE PUT HERSELF in a position of complete dependence and clearly did something to screw it up. I guess I'll wait for the physical abuse charges.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
ansoncarter
Head Coach
And1: 367

Post#40 » by ansoncarter » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:38 am

Jay240 wrote:He should offer her $100,000 a year and tell her to "Take it and go" in an Indian accent.

lol
wish you were the judge. For every case. And just said that at the end of them all. Short and sweet. And maybe a light slap in the face at the same time

Return to Toronto Raptors