ImageImageImageImageImage

Harden Falling?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Re: Harden Falling? 

Post#81 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Wed Apr 8, 2009 3:09 am

0 shot blocking have you watched Bargnani these last couple games i would say the opposite. The reason sometimes we do get killed in the paint is because we help with penetration and it leaves a man open under the basket. Harden is a good defender not great but good hes a better defender than parker right now lets not kid ourselves and the kid is 19 years old. Harden fits perfectly with this team and he has good size as well. hes going to be a special player and if the raptors get him they are lucky, both us and the knicks lost and 1 game is separating us from 8th/9th. Knicks need to start winning and raptors start loosing we are 2 games back of 7th so we have a shot at harden especially if we can try and trade up to get him.
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Post#82 » by timdunkit » Wed Apr 8, 2009 3:10 am

Undefeated wrote:
Mufasa_BenLinus wrote:If BC plans on building around Bosh/Bargs, then the move to make is to swallow Hinrich from Chicago, draft Henderson, and then look to trade Jose for SF defense either this year or next. The only way to make Bosh and Bargnani work is to totally shut out penetration. We don't really need wing offense with those two there.

In Colangelo’s book, he wants the Raptors to play an up-tempo offense, so neither Henderson nor Harden will fit into the bill. I doubt Paxson would want to give up Hinrich for any players on the Raptors either than Bosh and it has been reportedly said that they want Bosh. No Bosh, No Hinrich.

The current personal still likes to slow it down and run a set offense. Though BC vision is a more uptempo team, I don't see how Harden does not work out.
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#83 » by Undefeated » Wed Apr 8, 2009 3:16 am

timdunkit wrote:
Undefeated wrote:In Colangelo’s book, he wants the Raptors to play an up-tempo offense, so neither Henderson nor Harden will fit into the bill. I doubt Paxson would want to give up Hinrich for any players on the Raptors either than Bosh and it has been reportedly said that they want Bosh. No Bosh, No Hinrich.

The current personal still likes to slow it down and run a set offense. Though BC vision is a more uptempo team, I don't see how Harden does not work out.

Yes, the current coaching staffs still likes to run the half-court offense every once and then, but I think that next year will be more of BC's vision running the show in Toronto. I would personally love Harden here in Toronto, yet BC himself even stated that he wishes to trade down, so I doubt he would want to grab Harden. Watching Harden's game, he doesn't suit into the up-tempo offense, so I assume BC might be gunning for Tyreke Evans, Stephen Curry (hope he doesn't join the Raptors) or Demar DeRozen who has the potential to excel in his vision.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
timdunkit
RealGM

Post#84 » by timdunkit » Wed Apr 8, 2009 3:19 am

Undefeated wrote:
timdunkit wrote:
Undefeated wrote:In Colangelo’s book, he wants the Raptors to play an up-tempo offense, so neither Henderson nor Harden will fit into the bill. I doubt Paxson would want to give up Hinrich for any players on the Raptors either than Bosh and it has been reportedly said that they want Bosh. No Bosh, No Hinrich.

Yes, the current coaching staffs still likes to run the half-court offense every once and then, but I think that next year will be more of BC's vision running the show in Toronto. I would personally love Harden here in Toronto, yet BC himself even stated that he wishes to trade down, so I doubt he would want to grab Harden.

He has? I haven't heard news about that, especialyl considering if we get lucky we might get the 6-7th pick. Link please.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#85 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Wed Apr 8, 2009 3:21 am

He was on the fan 590 said he would look to trading down and picking up another late pick with the cash.
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,961

Post#86 » by ATLTimekeeper » Wed Apr 8, 2009 3:28 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:He was on the fan 590 said he would look to trading down and picking up another late pick with the cash.

He was asked "would you consider trading down?" and he answered "it's a possibility if the compensation is enough." That's a pretty standard answer to that question. He never said that they would look to trade down.
timdunkit
RealGM

Post#87 » by timdunkit » Wed Apr 8, 2009 3:30 am

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
Rapsobsessed7 wrote:He was on the fan 590 said he would look to trading down and picking up another late pick with the cash.

He was asked "would you consider trading down?" and he answered "it's a possibility if the compensation is enough." That's a pretty standard answer to that question. He never said that they would look to trade down.

By any chance did they ask him the opposite and see if he would look to trade up? *Rubio Hopes*
Mufasa_BenLinus
Senior
And1: 0

Post#88 » by Mufasa_BenLinus » Wed Apr 8, 2009 3:32 am

Undefeated wrote:
Mufasa_BenLinus wrote:If BC plans on building around Bosh/Bargs, then the move to make is to swallow Hinrich from Chicago, draft Henderson, and then look to trade Jose for SF defense either this year or next. The only way to make Bosh and Bargnani work is to totally shut out penetration. We don't really need wing offense with those two there.

In Colangelo’s book, he wants the Raptors to play an up-tempo offense, so neither Henderson nor Harden will fit into the bill.

Henderson fits in a running team

He's like the most athletic player in our draft range other than Derozan
Ettore Messina says all he needs is a point guard, a defensive stopper, a scorer, and a center.

Raptors draft board:
Ricky Rubio (the PG)
Gerald Henderson (the defensive stopper)
Hasheem Thabeet (the center)

It's time to fill the holes
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#89 » by Undefeated » Wed Apr 8, 2009 3:33 am

timdunkit wrote:
Undefeated wrote:Yes, the current coaching staffs still likes to run the half-court offense every once and then, but I think that next year will be more of BC's vision running the show in Toronto. I would personally love Harden here in Toronto, yet BC himself even stated that he wishes to trade down, so I doubt he would want to grab Harden.

He has? I haven't heard news about that, especialyl considering if we get lucky we might get the 6-7th pick. Link please.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=894517&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

My bad for saying "wishes", as there's a huge difference between wishes and considering trading down...
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
timdunkit
RealGM

Post#90 » by timdunkit » Wed Apr 8, 2009 3:36 am

Undefeated wrote:
timdunkit wrote:
Undefeated wrote:Yes, the current coaching staffs still likes to run the half-court offense every once and then, but I think that next year will be more of BC's vision running the show in Toronto. I would personally love Harden here in Toronto, yet BC himself even stated that he wishes to trade down, so I doubt he would want to grab Harden.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=894517&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

My bad for saying "wishes" as Colangelo likes the idea of trading down...

Lol np, the question now is, if BC is lookin to trade down, what trade options are there? You can either try to dump Kapono or Banks but then the return wont be as great.
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#91 » by Undefeated » Wed Apr 8, 2009 3:45 am

Mufasa_BenLinus wrote:
Undefeated wrote:In Colangelo’s book, he wants the Raptors to play an up-tempo offense, so neither Henderson nor Harden will fit into the bill.

Henderson fits in a running team

He's like the most athletic player in our draft range other than Derozan

You seriously think Henderson can keep in pace playing in the up-tempo offense for 30 to 35 minutes a night? Fact is Henderson has asthma, so I don’t think he would be ideally great for running since it could be a major health concern down the road.
KING01
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#92 » by KING01 » Wed Apr 8, 2009 4:44 am

The player that Interest me is Derozan. If we can get him in our draft postition I would be happy.

I wanted Jennings but it looks like Jose is staying in Toronto.

Peace
Joga_Bonito
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#93 » by Joga_Bonito » Wed Apr 8, 2009 5:43 am

Im just hoping we somehow move up the draft, I hope we will be lucky like that.
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,150

Post#94 » by The Duke » Wed Apr 8, 2009 10:05 am

Im not sure why Henderson is still in our conversations.... I watch Duke Uni plenty, and have not been high on one of their prospects since Deng
Blasphemy
Bench Warmer
And1: 82

Post#95 » by Blasphemy » Wed Apr 8, 2009 3:55 pm

he's falling cause he's not that good, please no John Salmons V.2

"A wise man told me don't argue with fools, because people from a distance can't tell who is who." - Jay-Z
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,925

Post#96 » by JN » Wed Apr 8, 2009 4:28 pm

cram wrote:I remember Paul Pierce fell because he wasn't athletic enough.....well guess what, he's a pretty good player.

I remember a smart unathletic player like Lawrence Moten falling from borderline lottery to second round because he was not great atheltically.

Guess what... Moten sucked.
JN
RealGM

Post#97 » by JN » Wed Apr 8, 2009 4:31 pm

I think some NBA teams' private investigations contacts are checking to see why he got such a big beer belly by the end of the year.
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#98 » by basketball royalty » Wed Apr 8, 2009 4:32 pm

The thing I am least enamored about Harden is his height and athletic ability. I believe he is only 6' 4" which is borderline small at the 2 guard in my opinion. You have to bring some athleticism to the table like DWade if you are going to be really successful. I still think he would be a solid addition and one of the better options for us but in no means a savior, I would probably consider Evans over him.
props to Turbozone for the sig
JN
RealGM

Post#99 » by JN » Wed Apr 8, 2009 4:35 pm

rdtx2005 wrote:
Rapsfan4life wrote:Yes... people say he isn't very athletic and doesn't have much potential.... well isn't that what they said about brandon roy? isn't that what they said about OJ Mayo? didn't people say chris paul had no potential and won't be more than a solid starting PG? James Harden falls under the same catagory and IMO will be a great 2 guard in this league.

umm... no... they said Chris Paul was the best PG prospect since Jason Kidd

Your forgetting Jason Willimas (duke) version
trick
Head Coach
And1: 905

Post#100 » by trick » Wed Apr 8, 2009 4:36 pm

so...is Harden not athletic because he's out of shape or he's just not athletic to begin with?
#Raptors are 7-1. In 6 of the past 10 seasons, a team that has started a season 7-1 has gone on to win an NBA championship.

— Sportsnet Ticker (@SportsnetTicker) November 12, 2014

Return to Toronto Raptors