ImageImageImageImageImage

Re-sign Parker + Delfino or Childress for the same price?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Woulld you rather give 5-6 million to Childress that use that money for Parker and Delfino?

Sign Childress, Not Parker & Delfino
28%
Sign Childress & Parker and save the money elsewhere
15%
Sign Childress & Delfino and save the money elsewhere
38%
Sign Parker and Delfino, not Childress
13%
I hate them all
8%

Total votes: 40

sportsnut99
Sophomore
And1: 13

Re: Re-sign Parker + Delfino or Childress for the same price? 

Post#21 » by sportsnut99 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:43 pm

I agree TimDunkit your plan sounds rational but then next season they must re sign J Johnson probably for more and extend Horford for a lot more.
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Post#22 » by timdunkit » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:48 pm

sportsnut99 wrote:I agree TimDunkit your plan sounds rational but then next season they must re sign J Johnson probably for more and extend Horford for a lot more.

JJ will not get that big of a raise. I think he will stay with Atlanta for about 16 mill a year. With Claxton expiring , they will gain more breathing room to extend Horford. If there smart and front load Marvin and Bibby, they could stay under the luxury tax threshold when Horford extention comes up.

Childress will make a great 6th man for any team and thats why I think it would be basically a no brainer for the MLE. Now, there are confounding variables like you do have a point, Atlanta has some of the worst owners in the league so you never know.
sportsnut99
Sophomore

Post#23 » by sportsnut99 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:51 pm

timdunkit wrote:
sportsnut99 wrote:I agree TimDunkit your plan sounds rational but then next season they must re sign J Johnson probably for more and extend Horford for a lot more.

JJ will not get that big of a raise. I think he will stay with Atlanta for about 16 mill a year. With Claxton expiring , they will gain more breathing room to extend Horford. If there smart and front load Marvin and Bibby, they could stay under the luxury tax threshold when Horford extention comes up.

Childress will make a great 6th man for any team and thats why I think it would be basically a no brainer for the MLE. Now, there are confounding variables like you do have a point, Atlanta has some of the worst owners in the league so you never know.

I think we agree, it is probable that they match but it is not a certainty by any means. If a teams throws a large offer sheet at Marvin or the owners remain cheap he may be had.
timdunkit
RealGM

Post#24 » by timdunkit » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:56 pm

sportsnut99 wrote:
timdunkit wrote:

I think we agree, it is probable that they match but it is not a certainty by any means. If a teams throws a large offer sheet at Marvin or the owners remain cheap he may be had.

I don;t think there is a team with capspace that can offer over 8 mill a year that isn't already set at teh SF position.
sportsnut99
Sophomore

Post#25 » by sportsnut99 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:11 pm

He can also be a two dependant upon the other wing he is paired with.

Teams with Cap Space

Memphis-not likely
Detroit- not likely
Oklahoma City- possible at the 2
Portland- not likely
Minnesota- possible
Sacramento- possible

Toronto
Atlanta
takingitall
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#26 » by takingitall » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:05 pm

Does anyone hve childress' stats from europe?
timdunkit
RealGM

Post#27 » by timdunkit » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:07 pm

takingitall wrote:Does anyone hve childress' stats from europe?

http://www.eurobasket.com/player.asp?Cn ... erID=31080
HypNotiQ
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Post#28 » by HypNotiQ » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:11 pm

I dont see the fascination with Childress. Everyone in this board seems to be obsessed with him, when I see him nothing more than being a 6th man at the most. I wouldnt sign him to come to the Raptors. Here is what I would do:

-Parker: He's a great locker-room guy, and seems to get along with management and other players perfectly. I say re-sign him only for cheap though (3-4 million/year).
-Delfino: I want this guy back. He might be a chucker, but he was one of our best defensive SG when we had him. He has aldready proved to be effective offensively, and I can see him coming back to the raptors.
-If Parker signs a lucrative contract in Europe, and we are left with only Delfino; I would go for Dahntay Jones. He's a great defender, and has been compared to Bruce Bowen.
takingitall
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#29 » by takingitall » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:29 pm

timdunkit wrote:
takingitall wrote:Does anyone hve childress' stats from europe?

http://www.eurobasket.com/player.asp?Cn ... erID=31080

Thanks
SpaceJam
Veteran
And1: 93

Post#30 » by SpaceJam » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:30 pm

sportsnut99 wrote:I am a fan of Childress and would like to re-sign Parker as a back up 1 and 2. I like Parker at the 1. I am lukewarm on Delfino and if we can sign and trade him with other pieces for a player I am just as happy to do that.

I am not versed in the cap, though I believe signing Childress is viable both if we are over and under the cap. He is restricted with the Hawks but if they give him 6 million and re up Marvin Williams the will not have the money for J Johnson in 2010.

Parker and Childress no doubt. Childress is just a poor-mans Matrix, and we can get him for a lot less than we can get Marion.
_________
jay632
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#31 » by jay632 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:46 pm

why would childress come back, he is making so much over seas, and not paying taxes on that.
BigShotBob13
Starter
And1: 297

Post#32 » by BigShotBob13 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:03 am

boshjonesford wrote:you cant do that cause europian teams will pay parker more

I honestly don't think that would have anything to do with Parkers decision anymore. He's a family man, we all know that. If the Raps offer him a fair contract I think he takes it. He doesn't want to uproot his kids from school, their friends, their family and have them move back to Europe again. If it's a substantially larger amount being offered to him by a European club, then maybe.
Formerly...Damn, I forgot who I was...
RocLaFamilia
Lead Assistant
And1: 34

Post#33 » by RocLaFamilia » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:43 am

I am quite shock that Barnes hasn't gotten a suitable contract yet. I think he can be had for 3/4 of the MLE or so though there might be a risk of a contender also offering close to the MLE. Lakers will match all offers on Ariza but again there is no risk in trying. If I was BC I would first target Barnes as I think he is the most easily one to be had and isn't restricted. Then if that doesn't work, go after Ariza and lastly Childress. I combo of Delfino/ Barnes at the SG , would be a huge upgrade over AP/whoever we have now.

Yup totally agree,

I just think we need change on this team, the treadmill term keeps coming to mind. I understand we have Delfino's rights and it would be easier to sign, but I think we need more leadership at that position (or any position to be honest). I'm surprised no one has mentioned a S&T with Delfino, most people here seem content with him as our starting 2.

I really don't think that Barnes can play the two (maybe in spot minutes, but he is more of a 3 and is playing the 4 right now in Phoenix. But like you and many people have said our options are limited and pretty much anyone is better than AP at this point. I guess I hate settling lol. But I do like those players don't get me wrong, I am just hoping that this isn't our ONLY change.
dacrusha wrote:
In 2009, when Wright asked a Colorado judge to intervene, Weems didn’t even bother sending a lawyer to court.

Since when does Weems bring any kind of defense to the court anyway?
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#34 » by deeps6x » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:00 am

Sign Delfino for 3-4/yr for 2 years, maybe 3. Hopefully sign Parker for 3M/yr for two years (or less?) and forget about Childress. He isn't going to give up $7million per year for the next two years (TAX FREE!!!!) to come here to play for $5.5 million. He already turned down $6m/yr from Atlanta. And if we have to spend $8M/yr on a player, it should be Marion. Marion has much better stats than Chill. Even if you compare Chill's best year to Marion's worst (this year). It is a no brainer. We can't afford both. Keep Marion and forget Childress.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia

Return to Toronto Raptors