ImageImageImageImageImage

Stephen Curry will enter draft (Draftexpress)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Re: Stephen Curry will enter draft (Draftexpress) 

Post#41 » by Gold Chain » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:41 pm

dagger wrote:Do you like Rip Hamilton? He's not a slasher like I'd like, but how many of you would say no to having Rip in his prime as our SG? Well, Curry is a Rip type of combo guard, who runs around screens and runs opponents ragged. Even if he doesn't get the ball, the need to cover him at the pace he sets will sap the energy from some pretty good slashers on other teams.

High quality kid, high BBQ IQ, high skill level, possibility of growing another two inches says an MD who looked at an MRI of his and said his growth plate could allow for another two inches of growth. Curry doesn't have a great first step, but he runs around the court like the Energizer bunny and freed from triple teams, he'd really draw attention away from our bigs.

Curry knows Toronto and wouldn't feel hard done by playing here.

So while I have my fingers crossed for DeRozan or Clark, if it comes down to Curry, I won't be crying in my beer.

Now that is why I come to this forum.....nice.
postup
Sixth Man
And1: 267

Post#42 » by postup » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:46 pm

I'm torn.

On the one hand, I love what he does bring to the table, especially his assists since being switched to PG and what he has been able to do with every single team focusing entirely on shutting him down. I loved him the tournament last year and he helped me win almost $400, which should rank highly in BC's considerations.

On the other hand, his weaknesses are our team's most glaring weaknesses. His perimeter de against bigger, stronger, and faster guys is bound to add to our already pathetic perimeter defence. I believe he has the balls to take that last-second shot (and make it), but he definitely lacks the defensive toughness we so desperately need.

Thanks to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,327

Post#43 » by douggood » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:49 pm

No to curry at 9, but if BC picks up another mid round pick and curry is avalaible grab him by all means.

At 9 i expect 1 of Jennings, Harding, Evans, Derozon to be avalaible.(fingers crossed)
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,216

Post#44 » by LLJ » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:55 pm

He's one of those players who's truly a wild stab in the dark. On one hand, he's a really good college player and his stats reflect that. He's not just some 20-2-2 type guy, he has real skills. He's a great pickpocket (averaged 2.5 steals a game), can pass (5.6 apg) AND isn't such a bad rebounder for his size either (4.4). Those are stats definitely not reflective of Reddick, or even Morrison. Kid can ball.

But his athleticism is definitely something to be worried about. He has, in the past, struggled against bigger, athletic defenders at times. He's shown enough smarts to adjust, but he can probably be shut down better at the NBA level.

I can see him busting. But on the other hand, I can see him becoming a starter, a "Big Shot Curry" as well. He may not be a 30 ppg guy at the NBA level but like Iverson I think he definitely has the tools to play above his size.
S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,513

Post#45 » by S.W.A.N » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:32 pm

I'm with dagger on this one.

If our first pick ends up being curry I will not be bitching and moaning...

I think a 9th pick for a guy who could be a combo gaurd in the ben gordon role is pretty solid. I think he would be an excellent backup pg/sg for our team.

I also think that the knicks should draft him as he really would look good on uptempo team.
We the North
ansoncarter
Head Coach
And1: 367

Post#46 » by ansoncarter » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:20 pm

even if he's rip hamilton clone he won't get minutes if he can't guard 2s

Return to Toronto Raptors