ImageImageImageImageImage

potential veteran backup pg's...

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Re: potential veteran backup pg's... 

Post#21 » by revprodeji » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:57 pm

Nolan wrote:
revprodeji wrote:We (wolves) could work a s/t involving Telfair for Marion.

Before you say no, Bassy is a very good back-up, but the wolves have a million draft picks to bring in another young guard. He could fill a need for toronto while bringing MN the SF they need.

Something involving Bassy and Utah's pick next year with an expiring contract?

I'd be interested in doing something like that maybe even for Mike Miller if the Wolves are interested.

Miller has value as a player and an exp. If we simply do an expiring Cardinal is a similar figure.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#22 » by Morris_Shatford » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:51 pm

My gut feeling is that if Portland lands a PG with their pick in the 20's,
You are going to see a Calderon/Sergio Rodríguez rotation next season in our back court.
LiSTWithLani
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,151

Post#23 » by LiSTWithLani » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:23 pm

I really want to see this team go after Jannero Pargo. Not sure what his contract situation is like, but he'd make an excellent backup PG who knows his role. He can hit outside shots very well, break down defences and if need be he can play beside Jose, much like he did beside CP3. He's still pretty young and might come cheaper then most of these guys currently playing in the league. That would allow us to trade Ukic and get some value back for him, or allow us to move Banks, Kapono to a team that liked Ukic's potential perhaps...

Return to Toronto Raptors