ImageImageImageImageImage

Are you kidding me, Brandon Jennings?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,150

Re: Are you kidding me, Brandon Jennings? 

Post#21 » by The Duke » Tue May 19, 2009 2:02 pm

He wants to kill his 1st 3 years in the league, and get paid in his 2nd contract....

OMG .... how dare he?

Damn, some boyscouts here.....
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,388

Post#22 » by Mikistan » Tue May 19, 2009 2:03 pm

The Duke wrote:He wants to kill his 1st 3 years in the league, and get paid in his 2nd contract....

OMG .... how dare he?

You have a point. But if he was a Raptor we'd treat it differently - hell the whole fanbase and media wouldn't let it slip by lol
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#23 » by dagger » Tue May 19, 2009 2:05 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
5DOM wrote:but why would you, as a guy who hasn't proven anything on the court, say that in public even before the draft? maybe he wants to drop to us?

You really think an NBA team would care about those comments?

Actually, as a sign of his priorities - yes. Some players actually want to win... very old school, I know.

Any decent player gets a second, larger contract. Only special players show a drive to win that makes them great. This won't kill his draft status, but it would make me question his motivation and in our case, his capacity to get comfortable playing in Canada. Would he be another US player that comes here because he has to, makes good, and then pines for the large endorsement money of a major market or the big ego stroke of US media exposure?

I'd rather hear a guy say that the important thing is to be drafted to a team that's a good fit so that I can make it mine, or build towards something great.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#24 » by Alfred » Tue May 19, 2009 2:07 pm

Mikistan wrote:
Alfred wrote:If this kind of thing was stupid, Bay street would be the stupid capital of Canada.

You do know the banking world is in a downturn right?

Canadian Banks are also the #1 ranked banks in the world, due to the fact that they didn't get involved in the sub-prime mortgage fiasco as much as basically everyone else did.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#25 » by 5DOM » Tue May 19, 2009 2:08 pm

The Duke wrote:He wants to kill his 1st 3 years in the league, and get paid in his 2nd contract....

OMG .... how dare he?

Maybe he will stop trying after signing that 2nd, 3rd contract :dontknow:
pspot
General Manager
And1: 283

Post#26 » by pspot » Tue May 19, 2009 2:14 pm

OMG .... how dare he?

you can't fault him for thinking this way but it does speak to his priorities and I was hoping the time in Europe would have helped him mature. Sounds like a Telfair type character which I wouldn't want on the raps.
nm
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#27 » by 5DOM » Tue May 19, 2009 2:18 pm

Alfred wrote:If this kind of thing was stupid, Bay street would be the stupid capital of Canada.

except a sports team drafts 0-2 good players every year, while banks have hundreds and thousands of applicants to choose from every year. banks can manage to hire these honest money-driven people, because they can replace them easily. sports teams have restrictions.
you don't want to draft a guy who will leave after the first contract.
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#28 » by Gold Chain » Tue May 19, 2009 2:21 pm

The Notic wrote:
double c wrote:"Finna get paid?"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=finna

Yeah, I figured.

Not really into the whole Urban Dictionary thing but that is just me.

I like words like "finally" and "going to," they paint a much clearer picture for me.
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#29 » by J Dilla » Tue May 19, 2009 2:26 pm

It's all about the money in the end, and he's being very honest about it. Any athlete that you meet says he wants to win and doesn't care about money is a **** liar. Lebron's in it for the money too. Didn't he say he wants to a billionaire? These are the same athletes that charge you 220 dollars for a shoe when it really costs 10 bucks to make, and they say they want a championship. If they wanted to win badly, they would've sacrificed a good portion of their salary to make room for GMs to get better players. Not that there's anything wrong with making money. Anyone in the same position would be happy about getting those massive paycheques.
bargs
Starter
And1: 11

Post#30 » by bargs » Tue May 19, 2009 2:36 pm

Mikistan wrote:Well I'm not surprised. The kid went to Europe to get paid/get more ready to get paid lol.

Doesn't seem like someone who wanted the experience. Either way, as a prospect/future rook you say the right things. "I'm happy with any team that picks me, it'll be a great experience and I will give it my all"

Even if all you want is the dinero.

well, i'd say "Denaro" ... :wink:
The Notic
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: it's a bird. it's a plane. NO! it's Lois Lane givin me brain.

Post#31 » by The Notic » Tue May 19, 2009 2:36 pm

double c wrote:Not really into the whole Urban Dictionary thing but that is just me.

I like words like "finally" and "going to," they paint a much clearer picture for me.

nobody cares.
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#32 » by Gold Chain » Tue May 19, 2009 2:37 pm

The Notic wrote:
double c wrote:Not really into the whole Urban Dictionary thing but that is just me.

nobody cares.

I care.
bargs
Starter

Post#33 » by bargs » Tue May 19, 2009 2:43 pm

personally i not such a big fan of jennings ...no doubt he's good, but as a pg i'll pick TY lawson instead.
RomaniaLuvTR
Head Coach
And1: 1,029

Post#34 » by RomaniaLuvTR » Tue May 19, 2009 2:49 pm

The Notic wrote:
double c wrote:"Finna get paid?"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=finna

wow 10x for the link dude,that site is awesome...
Dennis P
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#35 » by Dennis P » Tue May 19, 2009 2:49 pm

whatever at least he's honest. He is a kid too he hasn't had a PR coach yet
ZeriousLy
Lead Assistant
And1: 775

Post#36 » by ZeriousLy » Tue May 19, 2009 3:08 pm

KingstonRaptors wrote:Money drives people. If it drives him to be a great player, so be it. Good thing our team doesn't fit his game. :wink:

Maybe so, but it is also something that the Raptors are definitely lacking, and that's athleticism and quickness.
bargs
Starter

Post#37 » by bargs » Tue May 19, 2009 3:15 pm

ZeriousLy wrote:
KingstonRaptors wrote:Money drives people. If it drives him to be a great player, so be it. Good thing our team doesn't fit his game. :wink:

Maybe so, but it is also something that the Raptors are definitely lacking, and that's athleticism and quickness.

well, we've got quick guys in bargnani, bosh (Extremely quick as big men), ukic...i don't think we need a guy like brandon. i'll say it once again, but TY lawson is way better than jannings, and he'd fit really well in a run and gun system...
Dennis P
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#38 » by Dennis P » Tue May 19, 2009 3:17 pm

bargs wrote:
ZeriousLy wrote:

well, we've got quick guys in bargnani, bosh (Extremely quick as big men), ukic...i don't think we need a guy like brandon. i'll say it once again, but TY lawson is way better than jannings, and he'd fit really well in a run and gun system...

:nonono:
mapko81
Sixth Man
And1: 18

Post#39 » by mapko81 » Tue May 19, 2009 3:24 pm

Well, this IS a major flag.
The money aspect is no doubt important, but to be thinking like this at this point (when most other kids dream of getting their name called on draft day) shows a bad attitude. Guys who only care about money are rarely winners in the league (the competitive drive disappears after landing that big 2nd contract). Even wanting something egotistical like fame, admiration, the feeling of being the best is healthier than just money. I really hope he goes to the Clippers. :D
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,481

Post#40 » by Brinbe » Tue May 19, 2009 3:30 pm

Ha, this reminds me of the Andrew Bynum myspace account crap that arose around the time he got drafted. Different person, different site, different year, same sort of thing. Some stuff here and here.

Some samplings

What do you want to be when you grow up? "NBA balla/entrapenour
current taste: Brazilian Women
current thing I ought to be doing: gettin gurls
who’s hotter, Josh Hartnett or Chad Michael Murray: …ima guy….
what was the last thing you said: the last questions is homo
are you suicidal: only in the mourning
is your window open: for women
do you have a little brother: yes
does he draw you cute pictures: NO that would be gay

Account got deleted a week after he got drafted, wonder why... :lol: Anyway, these are 17-19 year old kids, we shouldn't expect fantastic spelling, grammar, or even substantive thoughts.

Return to Toronto Raptors