ImageImageImageImageImage

OT- CV on the CAVS?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

arrow2knee
Bench Warmer
And1: 40

Re: OT- CV on the CAVS? 

Post#21 » by arrow2knee » Thu Jun 4, 2009 6:27 pm

Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,928

Post#22 » by Jakay » Thu Jun 4, 2009 6:28 pm

CV plays a lot better than D than he did in his rookie year in Toronto, which seems to be what you are all going off of. He's not that bad a defender now, especially with his versatility.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#23 » by 5DOM » Thu Jun 4, 2009 6:50 pm

Jakay wrote:CV plays a lot better than D than he did in his rookie year in Toronto, which seems to be what you are all going off of. He's not that bad a defender now, especially with his versatility.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=910747

a lot of milwaukee fans are saying how his defense is so bad.

one guy even said this

So I think that no matter who the Bucks have at PF it will be an upgrade over Villanueva because, honestly, he's as bad defensively as anybody you can find in the NBA.
tylrrr
Assistant Coach
And1: 29

Post#24 » by tylrrr » Thu Jun 4, 2009 6:52 pm

inrapscity wrote:CV would be nice in CLE, MUCH better than Pavlovic. CLE doesn't have the space or money, no way MIL lets CV go for nothing and CLE has no assets to trade CV for.

They have the space and the money. Wally Szczcz's 13.7 million dollar contract comes off the books this year, and Ben Wallace is talking about retiring early (meaning another 14M comes off)
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#25 » by J Dilla » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:20 pm

Well I guess if he plays in a defensive system like Brown's, he'll look like a good defender. 1 on 1 defense however, it's completely up to him on how he wants to get better at that.
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Post#26 » by timdunkit » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:23 pm

tylrrr wrote:
inrapscity wrote:CV would be nice in CLE, MUCH better than Pavlovic. CLE doesn't have the space or money, no way MIL lets CV go for nothing and CLE has no assets to trade CV for.

They have the space and the money. Wally Szczcz's 13.7 million dollar contract comes off the books this year, and Ben Wallace is talking about retiring early (meaning another 14M comes off)

I don't think they will have much capspace and will likely use the MLE.

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages ... aliers.jsp

They have 55 mill commited and thats if Varejo opts out and Big Z does to (he likely won't). So that would be 66 mill with Big Z already and having to resign Varejo. Cleveland would have to hope that the MLE or SnT is reached to get them CV. I think they should explore SnT opportunities (which would allow them to save the MLE).
Aimless Outlook
Senior
And1: 42

Post#27 » by Aimless Outlook » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:25 pm

tylrrr wrote:

I somewhat remember reading that Retired player salaries don't come off the books for 1 year after their retirement if they still have contract years left.

Maybe someone can confirm one way or another?
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#28 » by Morris_Shatford » Thu Jun 4, 2009 7:48 pm

Once scouts and teams realize that Charlie doesn't have the defensive tools to start, he will have a pretty solid niche as a spark plug off the bench where his defensive issues will not matter as much.
tylrrr
Assistant Coach
And1: 29

Post#29 » by tylrrr » Thu Jun 4, 2009 9:53 pm

Mo Williams is worse than Charlie V on D and he's done alright, I guess.
K1NG
General Manager
And1: 856

Post#30 » by K1NG » Thu Jun 4, 2009 10:56 pm

timdunkit wrote:The cavs are one lucky team ... I mean think about it, most teams go into free agency really looking into improving there defense , the cavs have to improve there offense ... I think CV would be a great fit and with the Cavs defensive culture (and Lebron), I think he iwll be a decent defender while providing that scoring ...

I'd say they need to improve on their post-defense too. They had no one even remotely capable of guarding Dwight.
theflash1234
Senior
And1: 1

Post#31 » by theflash1234 » Fri Jun 5, 2009 12:06 am

5DOM wrote:
basketball royalty wrote:
5DOM wrote:he can't play d

Neither can the guy in your sig really and he was an 'all star'. Anyways, we wouldn't have to worry about Mo being a faux all star anymore as CV would probably take the spot as Robin to Lebron's Batman and Mo could settle into the Bat Girl role.

what i meant is that you cant win a championship when one of your big men doesn't play any d.

so y do we bother with the raptors?
Minge wrote:Kobe drips ball sweat into my mouth at night and it sooths me to sleep.

DelaneyRudd wrote:
HTown_TMac wrote:You DO understand that after a certain age you dont get much taller, right?

It's that kind of attitude that has kept T-Mac at 6'8 his entire career.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#32 » by 5DOM » Fri Jun 5, 2009 3:51 am

theflash1234 wrote:
5DOM wrote:what i meant is that you cant win a championship when one of your big men doesn't play any d.

so y do we bother with the raptors?

so we can enjoy the drafts.

Return to Toronto Raptors