ImageImageImageImageImage

Gotta love Jalen

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Tom Baker
Head Coach
And1: 6

Re: Gotta love Jalen 

Post#41 » by Tom Baker » Mon Jun 8, 2009 4:14 am

[SJJ] wrote:I miss Jalen on this team... one of my fav raps ever.

I miss the quotes, the interviews and the overall personality. I mostly hated him on the floor, though, especially when paired with Bahamas.
Tom Baker
Head Coach

Post#42 » by Tom Baker » Mon Jun 8, 2009 4:17 am

vctmac wrote:
GamePoint wrote:Rule #5: Never insert a "dear in headlights" rookie to guard Jalen. He'll end up abused on the blocks.

So funny to watch.

On topic, Jalen speaks the truth.

this post reminds me of ron burgandy trying to use "when in rome"

LOL
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#43 » by Scase » Mon Jun 8, 2009 5:03 am

COY0607 wrote:as much as i like jalen, he dosent have great basketball insight

So what you're saying is if our biggest move this season is re-signing 'Fino we should be fine then? And you are criticizing HIS insight? rofl
Props TZ!
Spartan13
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#44 » by Spartan13 » Mon Jun 8, 2009 5:10 am

LOL at Smith and Jalen. I dont think Jalen has had much love for Toronto in recent years, and doesnt believe well ever be able to net or keep a superstar. But this exchange is pure jokes. First of all, why does Jalen feel like Smith was dissing him? I got the impression that Jalen wasnt skipping out on the meeting and had a doctors appointment. And the ciagerette thing seems like a cheap jab too lol and lots of people enjoy cigarettes with coffee why couldnt he be doing both? Also, If anything, Doug was just trying to make Jalen look cool mentioning his shades, conjuring up old memories of his days with the raps. Plus the actual only relevant part of Smiths blog about the Raptors, Jalen basically just paraphrased and didnt even deny he said that. I think someones either too sensitive, or just playin around and trying to get some press. lol.

Either way it is a legitmate point, whoever made it, that unless Bosh is traded or Marion isnt resigned and we nab someone else instead, there isnt gonna be alot of change in TO. Hopefully, last year was a fluke and with everyone healthy and Marion who i recommend we resign, well be able to compete for home court.
Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,167

Post#45 » by Anatomize » Mon Jun 8, 2009 12:10 pm

Scase wrote:
COY0607 wrote:as much as i like jalen, he dosent have great basketball insight

So what you're saying is if our biggest move this season is re-signing 'Fino we should be fine then? And you are criticizing HIS insight? rofl

No, he's criticizing his insight based on the fact that the offseason is only beginning, how can Jalen criticize the Raptors when they have nearly 6 months to change our roster around?

Come late October, if we're only staring at Rasho/Delfino and a modest draft pick, then there is room for criticism.
itbobby007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,827

Jalen fires back at Doug Smith's "reporting" on twitter 

Post#46 » by itbobby007 » Mon Jun 8, 2009 12:13 pm

Original Topic: Gotta Love jalen

Jalen fires back at Doug Smith's "reporting" on twitter:
I ran into @smithraps(who I like and respect)and can't believe how he tried to front on me 2day in his blog w/fabricated reporting-so now-

I must set him and the record straight-1st off-i was NOT late-I let the powers that be know I had a physical setup at UCLA-2nd I didn't hv

on shades but what if I did-it was 10:30am in june(in LA)-also my RRover is a 2006 supercharger(that's not OLD where I'm from)-lastly-he was

not drinking coffee or tea from starbucks-he was sitting in front of the bldg-SMOKING a CIGARETTE(at 10:30am)-with the remaining half of the

pack wondering if it would be time to restock by Noon-and yes we did talk about why the Raps are not pending contenders for the NBA title-

I got love for the TDot-and got lots of friends still there-so @smithraps don't try to take shots and think I won't see it! Headed to game 2

http://twitter.com/jalenrose
http://twitter.com/smithraps
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Re: Jalen fires back at Doug Smith's "reporting" on twitter 

Post#47 » by YogiStewart » Mon Jun 8, 2009 12:15 pm

sorry, but we really are trying to curb posts that update twitter updates.
unless its groundbreaking news, people will just have to use Twitter in order to see what happens on Twitter.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#48 » by Alfred » Mon Jun 8, 2009 1:25 pm

I merged this, because it's basically the same topic. Better than getting locked right?
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#49 » by Kevin Willis » Mon Jun 8, 2009 1:34 pm

Jalen has no clue what BC is going to do. The draft hasn't started, free agency hasn't started, trading period hasn't started. He should wait until training camp before making that statement. It's hard to do something when you CAN'T.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
Marvin!
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 806

Post#50 » by Marvin! » Mon Jun 8, 2009 1:42 pm

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:And smh @ Doug smoking on the Road.

what's wrong with Doug smoking?
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#51 » by Gold Chain » Mon Jun 8, 2009 3:55 pm

Marvin! wrote:

Doug ALWAYS talks about liking drinking and such and also said that he used to have a smoke once in a while with Garbo.
RocLaFamilia
Lead Assistant
And1: 34

Post#52 » by RocLaFamilia » Mon Jun 8, 2009 6:15 pm

Doug's piece from today:

Hey Jalen.

Or Jalen’s people.

(And Jalen did once give us one of the all-world quotes about his penchant for collecting people by declaring in Detroit: “My entourages have entourages; that has to stop”).

I didn’t mean any disrespect, I thought your arrival was cool, and befitting a dude like you.
dacrusha wrote:
In 2009, when Wright asked a Colorado judge to intervene, Weems didn’t even bother sending a lawyer to court.

Since when does Weems bring any kind of defense to the court anyway?
The Notic
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: it's a bird. it's a plane. NO! it's Lois Lane givin me brain.

Post#53 » by The Notic » Mon Jun 8, 2009 6:20 pm

Kevin Willis wrote:Jalen has no clue what BC is going to do. The draft hasn't started, free agency hasn't started, trading period hasn't started. He should wait until training camp before making that statement. It's hard to do something when you CAN'T.

cause bc has telegraphed other moves before. mainly the jo trade, triano signing, keeping calderon over tj etc. he's a master at letting things slip through the media, feeling out the reactions of the fanbase, getting them to accept it, then make the move and justifying it afterwards.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#54 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Mon Jun 8, 2009 6:22 pm

Marvin! wrote:

he's posted that he's been trying to quit. He was doing well i thought. Nothing wrong with it, just as a reformed smoker myself, I was kind of hoping he'd kicked it.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#55 » by Kevin Willis » Mon Jun 8, 2009 7:04 pm

The Notic wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:Jalen has no clue what BC is going to do. The draft hasn't started, free agency hasn't started, trading period hasn't started. He should wait until training camp before making that statement. It's hard to do something when you CAN'T.

cause bc has telegraphed other moves before. mainly the jo trade, triano signing, keeping calderon over tj etc. he's a master at letting things slip through the media, feeling out the reactions of the fanbase, getting them to accept it, then make the move and justifying it afterwards.

True but not always. And especially now where he's probably not 100% sure on what he's going to do. For the draft he's dependant on teams drafting ahead of him. For trades it depends on the willingness of his dance parties. For Free Agency it will be dependant on the first big signing how everything shakes out. When Jack started pitching that it makes sense for Triano to be signed - you know it was going to happen. Calderon another no brainer given everything that happened with TJ. But the Smitch firing came suddenly. I'm just saying if BC doesn't know, how would Jalen?
Ska needs to make a comeback.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,216

Post#56 » by LLJ » Mon Jun 8, 2009 7:15 pm

Doug blogs like such a ballboy.
wtcantfw
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,578

Post#57 » by wtcantfw » Mon Jun 8, 2009 11:00 pm

That exchange was hilarious. Oh, how I miss Jalen. Who remembers the exit interviews with RapsTV the year before he got traded, when he called Sherman Hamilton "Bruce Bowen"? LOL. Classic.
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#58 » by sh00n » Tue Jun 9, 2009 12:24 am

lemondrop wrote:If thats it for us Jalen don't worry, atleast this cat won't be fooled, i'll stop watchin.

Will you stop posting too?
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
Tom Baker
Head Coach

Re: Jalen fires back at Doug Smith's "reporting" on twitter 

Post#59 » by Tom Baker » Tue Jun 9, 2009 2:00 am

YogiStewart wrote:sorry, but we really are trying to curb posts that update twitter updates.
unless its groundbreaking news, people will just have to use Twitter in order to see what happens on Twitter.

Good.

Good policy.
Tom Baker
Head Coach

Post#60 » by Tom Baker » Tue Jun 9, 2009 2:01 am

LLJ wrote:Doug blogs like such a ballboy.

Bwahahaha...

I actually like Doug, but I enjoy RealGM-specific humour.

Return to Toronto Raptors