ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - How often do you get annoyed at other fans?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Lauzy Lau
Junior
And1: 28

Re: OT - How often do you get annoyed at other fans? 

Post#21 » by Lauzy Lau » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:30 pm

The Duke wrote:My co-worker knows im a big bball fan and that Im educated about bball... and he comes up to me and tells me

Him: "Hey, you hear we gonna trade Bosh for Deng?"

Hahahaha
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#22 » by basketball royalty » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:38 pm

The funny thing is we hear so many more rumours here on RealGm than the average person and get so much more info that sometimes people that talk to come up with stuff that is months old and has already been shot down. For the most part talking to the average fan would be like talking to Doug Smith word for word and just like Doug Smith, two weeks later when what he said has been proven bunk they will never admit it.
props to Turbozone for the sig
TheDunc
Head Coach
And1: 1,275

Post#23 » by TheDunc » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:38 pm

If you think toronto fans are bad then try having a conversation about Bball in Quebec. Everybody here still thinks VC plays for the raptors
theSkinny
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,277

Post#24 » by theSkinny » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:39 pm

I have taken quite a few of my friends who are non fans or puckheads to games this past season with the goal of converting them to the Raps...100% of the time it worked everytime.

So the moral of this story is, send me to a game with em. (Your treat of course)
TheDunc
Head Coach
And1: 1,275

Post#25 » by TheDunc » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:40 pm

ALso people here still think Allen iverson plays for philly and is putting up 30 a night. You should see their face when i tell them hes playing for detroit and is so bad that they dont even play him
Consequence
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

Post#26 » by Consequence » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:43 pm

I get frustrated by many fans who follow the team passionately but don't understand anything about the CBA or other rules that the NBA has. When they propose ridiculous trades, get angry for a player not being resigned yet when he can't even be negotiated with, suggest cutting players without salary considerations, etc, it just makes me a little sad that the reason they are mad at the team aren't really valid.
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,150

Post#27 » by The Duke » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:54 pm

Its gold..... when they pull the line... "Even I could have made that Shot" (when speaking about a FTA)
The Notic
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: it's a bird. it's a plane. NO! it's Lois Lane givin me brain.

Post#28 » by The Notic » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:58 pm

mmmmmhmm, i hear that. i had to explain to this dumb lady at work who tried to make the argument that we'd have enough cap space to sign ben gordon without renouncing the rights to all of our current fa's. it's like, if you don't have a firm grasp on the ins and outs of the cba, why even make casual conversation about nba ball? gawd.
Consequence
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by Consequence » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:28 pm

The Notic wrote:mmmmmhmm, i hear that. i had to explain to this dumb lady at work who tried to make the argument that we'd have enough cap space to sign ben gordon without renouncing the rights to all of our current fa's. it's like, if you don't have a firm grasp on the ins and outs of the cba, why even make casual conversation about nba ball? gawd.

Not really what I meant, though I see why you said this. I meant more like " God, Kapono is so expensive, the GM should renegotiate his contract" or " We should just extend Bosh now for two years (mid-season)". I don't think they need to know the complete nitty-gritty of the CBA, but a lot of casual fans solutions to problems just don't work, and they seem to blame the fact that such things aren't done on the management.
Blazer_2458
Bench Warmer
And1: 45

Post#30 » by Blazer_2458 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:57 pm

D'ont we often have those type of discussions with members of our board?
Consequence
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by Consequence » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:00 pm

Eh, not this often. I know a couple of people who claim that they will give up following the team if those kind of things aren't done. And they watch a lot of the games, so they aren't completely casual.
EZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 3

Post#32 » by EZ » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:03 pm

I think your co-worker's intention was to start a casual conversation with you, rather than carry a knowledgeable exchange about ball.

I guess it's better than them getting all preachy and warning you about office protocol, and the taboo nature of internet surfing in the office....cause that's what my coworkers would do...them pricks
Reignman
Banned User
And1: 391

Post#33 » by Reignman » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:13 pm

Recently I've been annoyed at my boys (NBA fans, not Raps fans) that keep telling the Raps are mediocre, soft and aren't going anywhere. It annoys me because they are most likely right and there's nothing I can really say except I think BC will one day build a team around CB that compliments him.

Return to Toronto Raptors