ImageImageImageImageImage

Turk Talks to Turkish Media 07/04 - Doug Smith, wrong again!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Lucky26
Starter
And1: 487

Turk Talks to Turkish Media 07/04 - Doug Smith, wrong again! 

Post#1 » by Lucky26 » Sat Jul 4, 2009 8:27 am

http://www.ntvmsnbc.com/id/24980982/

Hedo: I'm pleased with the interest

"Contrary to the news, Toronto Raptors are still interested in me" Hedo stated to NTVSport.

Hedo - who wanted by Portland Trailblazers persistently - spoken to NTVSport.

Hedo - in Portland currently - told that Blazers front office is trying their best to sign him and confirmed Portland Trailblazers made him an offer worth up to $53m. While stating he is really pleased with the interest he saw in Portland ; he said that contrary to the news come up in canadian press, Toronto Raptors are still in talks with his agent.

Yesterday Toronto Star newspaper wrote that Raptors wouldn't be interested in Hedo anymore but David Lee. But the truth is they are still in talks with Hedo's agent to assure Turkey's national player.

Hedo - who lead Orlando Magic to reach NBA finals- previously turned down Orlando Magic's 4-year offer worth up to $36M after becoming free agent.

I know Doug is a good reporter but does he maybe drink too much. Lately, he has been dead wrong or maybe he is smokescreening for the franchise...who knows.

This deal also says that nothing is final, and that they are still negotiating money.
I'll play defense when you get a girlfriend
Kc17
Lead Assistant
And1: 36

Re: Turk Talks to Turkish Media 07/04 - Doug Smith, wrong again! 

Post#2 » by Kc17 » Sat Jul 4, 2009 8:29 am

He talked to them yesterday I believe, not today.
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#3 » by Mustard_Tiger » Sat Jul 4, 2009 8:41 am

How many times does it have to be said that Doug Smith has no good sources and has no idea what he is talking about with regard to the Raptors?
Kosta
RealGM
And1: 2

Post#4 » by Kosta » Sat Jul 4, 2009 8:42 am

Lol, Doug Smith has been wrong more times then I can remember...
Primetime23
Senior
And1: 260

Post#5 » by Primetime23 » Sat Jul 4, 2009 9:09 am

hes always wrong yet comes off as so arrogant of his knowledge
permaximum
Sophomore
And1: 54

Post#6 » by permaximum » Sat Jul 4, 2009 9:21 am

Actually it was me who translated that article and it was posted about the same time with poor ESPN's article called "Blazers got his man"..

There wasn't a done deal with Portland and ESPN's source was BS. Like i said before Raptors has overbided the Blazers' offer and agreed with Hedo. OFC the city has affected Hedo's decision more than a few bucks.

Now ESPN trys to cover up real story with drawing paralles to Boozer fiasco. Hedo didn't give his word nor made a verbal commitment. ESPN should apologise for blaming him and has to accept they put a wrong statement to the main page.
deuce18
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#7 » by deuce18 » Sat Jul 4, 2009 11:55 am

actually you guys are all wrong

Doug Smith was on PTS last night and they were talking about Hedo signing in Portland and HE did say that there is a chance that Hedo backs out on Portland and signs with Toronto.

You guys are quick to bash but never give the guy credit when he is right.
rdtx2005
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#8 » by rdtx2005 » Sat Jul 4, 2009 11:59 am

some of you fans are just idiots and anal about Doug Smith. You all jump on him like there is no tomorrow and when you guys are WRONG, you all don't own up. GIVE IT A REST.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#9 » by dagger » Sat Jul 4, 2009 12:05 pm

I enjoy a slip-up by the media as much as the next guy but it is rather excessive - to the point of being obsessive - to make a thread title out of this.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#10 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Sat Jul 4, 2009 12:07 pm

I find it odd that his blog is not updated yet, re Hedo. It seems as if in recent weeks the brass at MLSE have just cut him right off. It seems Smith has had to resort to playing guessing games for content for a few months now. Did anyone else notice this?
rdtx2005
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#11 » by rdtx2005 » Sat Jul 4, 2009 12:08 pm

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:I find it odd that his blog is not updated yet, re Hedo. It seems as if in recent weeks the brass at MLSE have just cut him right off. It seems Smith has had to resort to playing guessing games for content for a few months now. Did anyone else notice this?

dude.. not everyone is awake 24/7 breathing in Raptors news... :lol:

He did write an article at 4:30am if you didn't notice.
Alodar
Senior
And1: 487

Post#12 » by Alodar » Sat Jul 4, 2009 12:29 pm

This is what Doug Smith posted yesterday.

The Raptors?

From the very, very few texts I got returned yesterday, it’s clear there is still interest in David Lee, they are still wondering if there’s an easier way to get Hedo than to gut the team and they remain in conversations with Marion.

When people asked if Ariza's Toronto offer was legit:

Doug, is this "9mill/year" talk from Ariza's agent probably just something him and BC talked about?

As in, do you think BC said something along the lines of "we're willing to renounce our FAs and make that offer if Ariza is willing to come?"

Blogger's note: Could very well be, yeah. My point is that it leads to the impression that they have decided to renounce regardless and that's not true. They may want to think about doing it for Hedo but it's not like they are going to do it without having a sure thing.
It may be semantics, as I said, but things have a way of being miscontrued out there in reader-land and I don't want people (and I am not talking about you) come to me with questions like: "Well, if they could offer Ariza $9 million, why can't they offer it to This Guy or That Guy?"

When people were insisting that Marion had been signed according to Grange

Doug,

Have you heard what Grange has heard about us closing in on Marion?

Blogger's note: I heard, like we heard July 1, they are talking with Shawn. Closing in? Not sure about that; there is still a Turkoglu debate being waged, I'm told

What exactly did Doug get wrong?
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#13 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Sat Jul 4, 2009 12:33 pm

rdtx2005 wrote:
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:I find it odd that his blog is not updated yet, re Hedo. It seems as if in recent weeks the brass at MLSE have just cut him right off. It seems Smith has had to resort to playing guessing games for content for a few months now. Did anyone else notice this?

dude.. not everyone is awake 24/7 breathing in Raptors news... :lol:

He did write an article at 4:30am if you didn't notice.

No I didn't catch that yet, I'll check it out.
Mattd97
Head Coach
And1: 2,490

Post#14 » by Mattd97 » Sat Jul 4, 2009 12:36 pm

Alodar wrote:This is what Doug Smith posted yesterday.

The Raptors?

From the very, very few texts I got returned yesterday, it’s clear there is still interest in David Lee, they are still wondering if there’s an easier way to get Hedo than to gut the team and they remain in conversations with Marion.

When people asked if Ariza's Toronto offer was legit:

Doug, is this "9mill/year" talk from Ariza's agent probably just something him and BC talked about?

As in, do you think BC said something along the lines of "we're willing to renounce our FAs and make that offer if Ariza is willing to come?"

Blogger's note: Could very well be, yeah. My point is that it leads to the impression that they have decided to renounce regardless and that's not true. They may want to think about doing it for Hedo but it's not like they are going to do it without having a sure thing.
It may be semantics, as I said, but things have a way of being miscontrued out there in reader-land and I don't want people (and I am not talking about you) come to me with questions like: "Well, if they could offer Ariza $9 million, why can't they offer it to This Guy or That Guy?"

When people were insisting that Marion had been signed according to Grange

Doug,

Have you heard what Grange has heard about us closing in on Marion?

Blogger's note: I heard, like we heard July 1, they are talking with Shawn. Closing in? Not sure about that; there is still a Turkoglu debate being waged, I'm told

What exactly did Doug get wrong?

:pityfool: that just got owned
vergogna wrote:- game starts at 3.50
- nice passing at 4.15
- BARGS REBOUND at 4.47
- BARGS REBOUND (almost) at 6.23
E-TRAK
Sixth Man
And1: 552

Post#15 » by E-TRAK » Sat Jul 4, 2009 1:37 pm

dougs somewhere lurking on this forum..

Return to Toronto Raptors