ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: The Nets Will Clothe You to Watch Games

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

kingkao
Rookie
And1: 77

Re: OT: The Nets Will Clothe You to Watch Games 

Post#21 » by kingkao » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:29 pm

wuchiu wrote:Wow!

I wanna get my hands on some of those jerseys! I went to HK as a kid and picked up a reversible KG Wolves/Kobe Lakers jersey - one of my all time favs!

So lame.
Tanking It
Junior
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Tanking It » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:08 pm

MinnyMo wrote:Who cares about their franchise I wanna go get me some of those jerseys, nose bleed here I come...

+1

Anyone know if there is a way just to get they jersey's by themselves? Love to get the Lopez/D12, and the Harris/Wade one.

And why did they go with scrub Jarvis Hayes matched with LBJ, would have to much better to go with Terrence Williams, or every Chris Douglas-Roberts
"I love Canada. Ohhhh Can-a-da.... I love that song. I love your anthem. I love hearing it. Its fresh." - Stephon Marbury
bane_dd
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#23 » by bane_dd » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:21 pm

Nets will be a good young team this season. They will fight for the final playoff spot IMO. Harris and Lee is a very strong backcourt, with Alston and Terrence Williams as backups. Yi, Sean Williams and Lopez form a decent frontcourt and Lopez will only get better with experience. Bobby Simmons, Tony Battie and Josh Boone provide solid backups for the three forward spots. Nothing to hate there, they have a boatload of good young talent and cap room to boot. I would be surprised if the Nets were not one of the major players in the free agency next summer with the potential they have.
barrist
RealGM
And1: 716

Post#24 » by barrist » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:29 pm

NetsForce wrote:
double c wrote:And yet people laugh at the idea of putting a team back in Vancouver.

Can we just come and say it : Yi was a super-bust.

His first two years were comparable to Andrea Bargnani's except for with better rebounding, defense, and inferior three-point shooting. :D

Nice double-standard though.

Yi's already what, 30 years old now isn't he?
Taiyab_K
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#25 » by Taiyab_K » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:54 pm

Jerseys delivered in December....
My name is Taiyab, and I realize there is an intra-team conflict at the Point Guard spot.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#26 » by NetsForce » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:33 pm

barrist wrote:Yi's already what, 30 years old now isn't he?

Officially he's 21. According to the photoshopped school registration form that was talked about in depth a while ago he's 24 (one year older than Bargnani).
CrookedJ
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,764

Post#27 » by CrookedJ » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:22 pm

Taiyab_K wrote:Jerseys delivered in December....

yeah thats the best part - one month after the Orlando and Boston games you get in the package, rendering 2 of the 5 jerseys useless.
evilRyu
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#28 » by evilRyu » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:38 pm

NetsForce wrote:

Officially he's 21. According to the photoshopped school registration form that was talked about in depth a while ago he's 24 (one year older than Bargnani).

you mean before he was a Net, he was 24, and after becoming a Net, he's 21... c'mon man, What's the point of coming in and taking cheap shots at Bargnani like that? Is that really the best you can do? :roll:

Your hate for Bargnani is well documented.. we get it, he's not on your team.. great.. I even remember the stupid thread you created on the PC Board (in fact, it's right here: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=933494).. I think it's obvious what your intent was when creating that.. I like how you made the first post, and never came back to follow up with an opinion!

but back on topic.... lol @ Nets.. what kind of joke is this? Like someone said earlier, I thought this was an Onion article.
That Other Guy
Veteran
And1: 95

Post#29 » by That Other Guy » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:44 pm

Tanking It wrote:
MinnyMo wrote:Who cares about their franchise I wanna go get me some of those jerseys, nose bleed here I come...

+1

Anyone know if there is a way just to get they jersey's by themselves? Love to get the Lopez/D12, and the Harris/Wade one.

And why did they go with scrub Jarvis Hayes matched with LBJ, would have to much better to go with Terrence Williams, or every Chris Douglas-Roberts

Because they no longer give a flying f***.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#30 » by NetsForce » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:09 pm

evilRyu wrote:
NetsForce wrote:

you mean before he was a Net, he was 24, and after becoming a Net, he's 21... c'mon man, What's the point of coming in and taking cheap shots at Bargnani like that? Is that really the best you can do? :roll:

Your hate for Bargnani is well documented.. we get it, he's not on your team.. great.. I even remember the stupid thread you created on the PC Board (in fact, it's right here: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=933494).. I think it's obvious what your intent was when creating that.. I like how you made the first post, and never came back to follow up with an opinion!

but back on topic.... lol @ Nets.. what kind of joke is this? Like someone said earlier, I thought this was an Onion article.

It's all love. Love is love man, I have nothing against Bargnani or the Raptors, I just don't understand understand why people choose believe a photoshopped school registration form is valid proof that Yi is older than his stated age of 21...
Avenger
Banned User
And1: 624

Post#31 » by Avenger » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:27 pm

and Mr.Overrated Rod Thorn thinks Lebron would join this joke of a franchise
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,664

Post#32 » by hype_2004 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:40 pm

double c wrote:And yet people laugh at the idea of putting a team back in Vancouver.

Yi is stiil young he has plenty of time to grow, anyways how about moving the Nets to Vancouver instead of Brooklyn? Given the size of the metropolitan area and the huge Chinese demographics, this can certainly be a very profitable move by Brett Ratner. Screw Jay-Z and Lebron James you put a Yi led team in the Vancouver area and you get sell-outs every home game not to mention the massive western Canadian market that aligns with an NBA based team in Vancouver. Has Stern even thought about this idea? Surely the dude isn't that stupid not to think about relocating the Nets into Vancouver.
ForeveRaptorFan
Sixth Man
And1: 11

Post#33 » by ForeveRaptorFan » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:09 pm

Too bad Carter is not playing for the Nets... or else a R. Gay/Carter jersey would be a hit!
Following Bargnani's Progress since entering the League: Bargnani, Ill Mago, Barney, Bustnani, Bust and a Nani, Beastnani, Beardnani, Killer B...
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Post#34 » by YogiStewart » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:45 pm

i laugh when Nets fans think that Yi is better than Bargnani.
they played against each other one time and Yi wiped the floor with Andrea.

any stats major would laugh at that proof of Yi's superiority.
Spragga
General Manager
And1: 1,679

Post#35 » by Spragga » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:08 pm

Most of the Nets team will be in the new movie Just Wright staring Common and Queen Latifah.

http://videos.nj.com/star-ledger/2009/0 ... ets_s.html

I wonder how much they charged those extras to fill up the seats.
why was hakeem called "the dream"??"

Because it rhymes with 'Olajuwon'.

remember Canadians are just Mexicans with sweaters
Rockice_8
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#36 » by Rockice_8 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:36 pm

hype_2004 wrote:

Yi is stiil young he has plenty of time to grow, anyways how about moving the Nets to Vancouver instead of Brooklyn? Given the size of the metropolitan area and the huge Chinese demographics, this can certainly be a very profitable move by Brett Ratner. Screw Jay-Z and Lebron James you put a Yi led team in the Vancouver area and you get sell-outs every home game not to mention the massive western Canadian market that aligns with an NBA based team in Vancouver. Has Stern even thought about this idea? Surely the dude isn't that stupid not to think about relocating the Nets into Vancouver.

Warned via PM
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#37 » by zilby » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:40 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i am going to the away game vs the nets now :P
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Pro Prospect
And1: 6