ImageImageImageImageImage

DD has same windmill as VC ?!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Lay_U_Out
Freshman
And1: 0

Re: DD has same windmill as VC ?! 

Post#41 » by Lay_U_Out » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:24 am

mastertang wrote:
[SJJ] wrote:If you're trying to have a nice windmill, VC is the one to emulate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKZUS0n2s2M

Damn...i miss this guy n/h. Great VC memories he was an effortless dunker.
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 8,978

Post#42 » by MEDIC » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:30 am

Boogie! wrote:
sh00n wrote:Also, people seem to forget that Vince can still get up there, easily.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2PUXGwNvGM

after 2 knee surgeries, he still has a better vert than demar.

VC definitely has longer arms than DD & is bigger. The extension he gets with his arms make his windmills much more delightful. I think that is the bigger difference (more so than vert).

VC can still dunk....better than 98% of the league, but you can tell from that video that he has less air time than when he was younger.
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
SkywalkerAC
RealGM
And1: 4,665

Post#43 » by SkywalkerAC » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:57 am

the windmill is the gold standard of dunking and VC reigns supreme as the best dunker of all time (nba)

however, there are a few guys that sport windmills that can be considered "the best since Vince". they have the vert and the arm action to make the complete revolution and throw it down in front of them. those guys are:

Bill Walker (in HS at least)
Demar Derozan
Gerald Green - who might be the best pure dunker since VC

oh, and MJ was not good at windmills considering how high he could get up. nique threw them down properly though.
careful
Assistant Coach
And1: 6

Post#44 » by careful » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:08 am

Not sure what the crazy hype is all about.
He seems like an above average dunker but nothing special. There were a few nice dunks in there, but let's be honest, he would get destroyed if he brought that weak stuff at an NBA dunk contest.
The dunks of the guy from our summer league team (Petway?) were more impressive.
TGM
Assistant Coach
And1: 717

Post#45 » by TGM » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:09 am

No one can dunk like VC. His in game dunking ability will be at the top of the list for decades.

Despite getting the recognition I think VC is an underrated dunker, when you watch those top 50 dunks. VC should own half of them easily.

DD is a solid dunker, but he is no where close to VC. I like his 360s though,.
BasketballAbyss
Analyst
And1: 429

Post#46 » by BasketballAbyss » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:15 am

DD has a great vertical on his dunks. The only reason they may not seem as impressive as other dunkers is because he doesn't always get as much extension or power as other dunkers. That's just my opinion though.
Props to Turbo_Zone.
Rebel INS
Sixth Man
And1: 736

Post#47 » by Rebel INS » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:39 am

careful wrote:he would get destroyed if he brought that weak stuff at an NBA dunk contest.

yeah, cause the nba dunk contest is as good as ever and hasn't become a prop carnival
Sikandar
Junior
And1: 1

Post#48 » by Sikandar » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:34 am

mastertang wrote:
[SJJ] wrote:If you're trying to have a nice windmill, VC is the one to emulate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKZUS0n2s2M

3:09 = ridiculous

Yeah I remember seeing that dunk live at his Charity game in 2001, and my reaction was a combination of "WHOAAAA" and "WHAAATTT?!?" The final score was something ridiculous in the 170s.
JWiLL02
RealGM
And1: 2,443

Post#49 » by JWiLL02 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:41 am

Although I think both can jump much higher than their combine results, VC had a ridiculous 36" standing vert with 43" max. In comparison Demar was 29 and 38.5. Vince is able to pull off any 2 foot or 1 foot dunk imaginable while Demar is far better off 1 foot.

His windmill at 1:08 of the video looks exactly like Iggy's, who is definitely a more comparable athlete. I think he's a little more agile than Iggy in the air though, because he can pull off the same type of 360's VC could (including the baseline layups).

Demar is still my favourite to win the dunk contest next year, it should be a great one.
*Sig courtesy of Raptors' royalty 'Turbozone'. http://www.turbozone.ca"
Killa-Graham
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#50 » by Killa-Graham » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:03 pm

I went the VC Charity All-Star Games every year, waiting for the final dunk of the game. With the final seconds counting down, Shammond Williams tosses the ball off the glass then VC throws down a prefect windmill off the catch!

Still one of the greatest thrills in my life, it was probably the first time most people had ever seen it live by an NBA player. Its been done since but VC's still one of the most beautiful dunks ever.

Speaking of off the glass dunks. Remember TMac's off the glass, Magic vs Raps, and again in the all-star game, etc...Tmac caught the ball two handed each time. VC did his own version in the all-star game in traffic but reached back all the way with only one hand...like who does that? Regardless of off the backboard stuff, VC also rules in reachback dunk category, with close second Iguodala, maybe.

His in-air adjustments are his signature moves. Some of his most spectacular dunks in games and in traffic, requiring mid-air adjustments to elude the defender's block is unreal, I can't recall VC getting cleanly blocked thus far.
CapeCrusader
General Manager
And1: 92

Post#51 » by CapeCrusader » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:54 pm

Hope hes in this seasons Dunk Contest.
B*TCH ! You Weren't With Me Shooting At The Gym!
Ari_Emanuel
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,835

Post#52 » by Ari_Emanuel » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 pm

careful wrote:Not sure what the crazy hype is all about.
He seems like an above average dunker but nothing special. There were a few nice dunks in there, but let's be honest, he would get destroyed if he brought that weak stuff at an NBA dunk contest.
The dunks of the guy from our summer league team (Petway?) were more impressive.

I think some players have a hard time throwing down windmills jsut because they arent jointed in a way that will allow them too. MJ's variation of the windmill, that tomahawk 90 degrees back/270 degrees forward windmill is better than VCs windmill IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFb3goXG ... re=related

he's done that several times. Can't find the other vid which is too bad because it looks more polished.
neurotik wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:
Risk101 wrote:Inb4 the ass jokes.

But that's his downside.

No thats his backside.

Lowry's upside is mental and psychological.
simple_jack
General Manager
And1: 17,593

Post#53 » by simple_jack » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:43 am

You guys have to remember the kid just turned 20...He will most likely get stronger, taller, and will probably improve his leaping abilities.

The sky is the limit for this kid and I'm glad we got him and not Jordan Hill.....That could possibly be like the 03 draft where Bosh was taken before Wade.

Return to Toronto Raptors