ImageImageImageImageImage

Boston Globe: Il Mago to blame for Italy's knockout!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

fabste
Banned User
And1: 7

Re: Boston Globe: Il Mago to blame for Italy's knockout! 

Post#21 » by fabste » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:29 pm

so? he didn't play well this offseason, with a catastrophic coach and one of the worst italian national team ever.
Move on.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,627

Post#22 » by Fairview4Life » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:32 pm

bang! wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
bang! wrote:Well last time Il Mago sucked for Italy, he ended up sucking even more for the Raptors.....so this can't be good news or ignored no matter what excuses some of you are attempting to make.

Sure we can, because they are completely unrelated.

oh silly me, I forgot Italians only play soccer, and that is what the writer was probably reffering to

I agree, it was silly. Just like if I said "Bargs played like crap in his second NBA season. Since he will never again play in his 2nd NBA season, he obviously won't ever play like crap again." Or "Bargs plays like crap in years ending in 7 or 8. So we have about 8-9 years before we need to worry about it again."
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Kayjay
Banned User
And1: 180

Post#23 » by Kayjay » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:42 pm

i figured he could create his own shot a little better than that

only so much of the blame can go to the coach's stupid as **** philosophy
rahzel2k4
Junior
And1: 0

Post#24 » by rahzel2k4 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:29 pm

don't care. as long as our Italians show up ready to play for us.
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#25 » by J Dilla » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:59 pm

Maybe he got rich and stopped trying? Or maybe he's saving it for the season? I don't wanna make too much excuses for the guy.

I don't put a lot of stock in these games, but if anything it should've been a cakewalk for Andrea Bargnani.
Gold Dragon
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,582

Post#26 » by Gold Dragon » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:06 pm

The positive is that Bargs has a short stint with his national team and we won't be seeing him get injured in the off season playing for his national team like Garbajosa and Calderon. I hope Rasho gets legitimate competition for Bargs' minutes and lights a fire under his ass during the preseason. That is when we need Bargs running on all cylinders.
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#27 » by Fairview4Life » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:09 pm

Gold Dragon wrote:The positive is that Bargs has a short stint with his national team and we won't be seeing him get injured in the off season playing for his national team like Garbajosa and Calderon. I hope Rasho gets legitimate competition for Bargs' minutes and lights a fire under his ass during the preseason. That is when we need Bargs running on all cylinders.

Bargs was at his best in the second half last year after the JO trade and there was no one challenging him for minutes.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Cyrus
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 3,472

Post#28 » by Cyrus » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:40 pm

Lol Bargs suckings, like this is news... Get use it to it suckas...
fabste
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#29 » by fabste » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:45 pm

ASG for Bargs this year, book it
RaptorZz101
Senior
And1: 14

Post#30 » by RaptorZz101 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:47 pm

What ever you think bout Bargz in international play has a chance to be changed playing in the NBA.. Hes going to have a fresh start with a fresh team, with a coach that has a training campp.. Its just up to Bargz to proove hes up for it.
Wasp
Sixth Man
And1: 1,199

Post#31 » by Wasp » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:13 pm

Cyrus wrote:Lol Bargs suckings, like this is news... Get use it to it suckas...

I didn't know Global Mods could also be trolls, I guess you learn something new every day.
raptors09
Junior

Post#32 » by raptors09 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:28 pm

I'm guessing its the new beard. Shave it off Il Mago. He should try some of my aftershave, this stuff smells really nice, could sniff it all day.
gcsw
Starter
And1: 74

Post#33 » by gcsw » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:10 am

The Boston Globe is actually just reporting that the Gazzetta Dello Sport in Italy is blaming their exit on Bargnani. You guys have a comprehension problem. I am sure the Italian media knows better about Italy's performance than anyone here. The fact is to get beaten by friggin Finland when you have NBAers Bargnani and Bellinelli, is pretty sad. What is sadder is that some here think Bustnani can be franchise player. Well, maybe somwehere in FInland, he might get a chance!
trickykid
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#34 » by trickykid » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:29 am

I would put the blame more so on the coaches than any of the players nba or other.
From what i saw, lack of team play,a lot of heres the ball nba player now score, plays called.
the team seemed to have no discipline (fight with team Canada)
You can't win that way in international play.
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#35 » by Fairview4Life » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:41 am

If Bargs, for example, gets 8 shots in a game against Finland. A team he put up 23 against, or whatever it was, in a previous game where he got more shots. Why is the blame for Italy losing attributed to him looking for isolation shots? He took 8 shots the whole game, and made 3 of them. So the loss would be attributed to him either looking for isolation shots and not taking them, or him missing 5 shots? Seems a little odd to me.
Dennis P
Banned User

Post#36 » by Dennis P » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:35 am

Fairview4Life wrote:If Bargs, for example, gets 8 shots in a game against Finland. A team he put up 23 against, or whatever it was, in a previous game where he got more shots. Why is the blame for Italy losing attributed to him looking for isolation shots? He took 8 shots the whole game, and made 3 of them. So the loss would be attributed to him either looking for isolation shots and not taking them, or him missing 5 shots? Seems a little odd to me.

its the body of the work. the whole tournament he looked wack overall
Cyrus
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 3,472

Post#37 » by Cyrus » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:34 am

Wasp wrote:

I didn't know Global Mods could also be trolls, I guess you learn something new every day.

Trolls? For saying the truth?

BTW I'm a Raps mod! Just Consider me HP lite, without being nice about it! ;)
kingr
Head Coach
And1: 2,681

Post#38 » by kingr » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:49 am

Andrea sucking... I'm used to it by now. Andrea fully getting bailed out on this site... I'm used to it by now.
Canucklehead
Veteran
And1: 23

Post#39 » by Canucklehead » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:52 am

Cyrus wrote:
Wasp wrote:

Trolls? For saying the truth?

BTW I'm a Raps mod! Just Consider me HP lite, without being nice about it! ;)

You're not a raps fan I've never seen you post here you might be a raps mod because your a global mod but you're still trolling and trying to stir us up.

I've been threatened to be removed by Mods for speaking the truth that's my opinion too and voluntarily left. So why don't you do the same & leave
LemonHash
Banned User

Post#40 » by LemonHash » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:53 am

kingr wrote:Andrea sucking... I'm used to it by now. Andrea fully getting bailed out on this site... I'm used to it by now.

people talking without actually watching the games

yup, used to it by now

Return to Toronto Raptors