ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: 6'10 Perry Jones Highschooler

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

penzias
Senior
And1: 0

Re: OT: 6'10 Perry Jones Highschooler 

Post#41 » by penzias » Wed Sep 2, 2009 3:57 am

dacrusha wrote:This was like some AND1 video where everyone just stands around and watches as some kid is repeatedly given an open lane to the basket.

He could be the next TMac... or the next Jonathan Bender.

Jonathan Bender was an amazing talent whose carreer was shut down by injuries, i don't think that's the best example for what you try to say.
penzias
Senior

Post#42 » by penzias » Wed Sep 2, 2009 4:01 am

Raptolicism wrote:
MacDaddy wrote:A 6'10" point guard? The NBA NEEDS Ivan Chiriaev!!

Hahaha and haven't heard a word about him since. He really screwed himself with that stupid comment. I didn't spend too much time at all, but after a brief googlin', I wasn't able to find anything letting me know what he is currently doing. Not even Wikipedia.

Perry Jones looks like a massive ball of potential though - wow.

The last thing i read about him was that he was playing (awfully) in the dutch league, which is one of the weakest in Europe, 2 years ago. He probably isn't playing pro basketball anymore.
theDEATH
Senior
And1: 5

Post#43 » by theDEATH » Wed Sep 2, 2009 11:10 am

Ari_Emanuel wrote:
elitehunter99 wrote:I also see Durant, with more athleticism, maybe lesser jumpshot..... Honestly, the superstars in the NBA have to physically dominate their position to be the best...... There are some exceptions, Dirk/Nash, etc who weren't the greatest athletes... however, for the most part, physical gifts allow the player to dominate their position for multiple seasons. Something guys like T-Mac/Vince and other second tier star players cannot sustain throughout their career. Same thing can be said about Durant, who does not have the *god-given* gifts to dominate his position.

C - Shaq (in his prime)/Howard - physically, they are bigger/stronger and almost as quick as any C in the NBA..
PF - KG/Duncan - again, physically, they are bigger/stronger and almost as quick as any other PF in the NBA....
SF - Lebron - see above
SG - Kobe/Wade - same thing.... Wade is definitely one of the strongest guards in the league, as is Kobe
PG - Paul/Rose - Rose is one of the bigger/most athletic PGs in teh league....

Durant may not have the strength, but he is extremely athletic as far as speed and lateral quickness goes. That attribute combined with his freakish length and endurance will allow him to dominate at his position.

There are many faucets of athleticism...

I don't hear very much about Durant, but with the lateral quickness and the reach, he could become one of the top two way players in the league in a few years.
appel
Banned User

Post#44 » by appel » Wed Sep 2, 2009 11:47 am

Michael Jordan wrote:Does not look like anything special only because he is playing against high school people. With his height advantage its no wonder he rejects/dunks on people so easily

Ballhandling incredible anyway
JYD
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,209

Post#45 » by JYD » Wed Sep 2, 2009 12:42 pm

some_rand wrote:He looks ALOT like anthony randolph from those highlights

Yeah that's who he reminded me of too (with a better handle) I was pretty impressed watching this.

Return to Toronto Raptors