ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Jax and Monta are NOT Happy Campers

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

heat9999
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: OT: Jax and Monta are NOT Happy Campers 

Post#81 » by heat9999 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:16 pm

Monta's shouldn't be putting the kid down like that; he has to deal with him for the rest of the year. A pro shouldn't be calling his own teammate out as well. I don’t see it working but hey its GSW they don’t play an old school type of ball anyways.
waltthewiz
Junior
And1: 21

Post#82 » by waltthewiz » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:36 pm

I don't think he was 'calling out' Steph per se. He's simply trying to cover his ass if/when he has to guard dudes like Vince and Wade this season. He knows he can't and Nellie is stupid for putting him in a position where he has to--it's not only out of his comfort zone but unrealistic. I don't think he made those comments to take a shot at Steph, he made them to highlight Nellie's incompetence as a coach and personnel manager.

Where will Monta end up? That's a good question. Could the Knicks put their chips in after losing out on Sessions? Ditto for the Clippers. I personally think Nellie will give him up for a deal that will scream "steal" for the other team involved.
The Stripe
Junior
And1: 9

Post#83 » by The Stripe » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:12 am

waltthewiz wrote:I don't think he was 'calling out' Steph per se. He's simply trying to cover his ass if/when he has to guard dudes like Vince and Wade this season. He knows he can't and Nellie is stupid for putting him in a position where he has to--it's not only out of his comfort zone but unrealistic. I don't think he made those comments to take a shot at Steph, he made them to highlight Nellie's incompetence as a coach and personnel manager.

That may be true, but it is irrelevant. A professional doesn't make public statements like this.

Return to Toronto Raptors