ImageImageImageImageImage

What Systems Right For Our Team?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

What Systems Right For Our Team? 

Post#1 » by Assassin_1 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:26 am

What system would you like for our team to head towards I think we have a really athletic team and should head towards the running game since we have good depth, or one where we use a lot of passing because we have a ton of good passers on our team. Maybe something like everytime we come up with a rebound we outlet to Calderon or Jack to lead the break and in half court sets just let Turkoglu and Bosh create. This way we bring the best from our shooter and from our athletes that can finish on the break (Ex DeRozan, Weems, Bargnani, Amir, etc). Or run with the 06-07 system where we would let the team run half court with Calderon and run with Ford or Jack in this scenario.
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Re: What Systems Right For Our Team? 

Post#2 » by timdunkit » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:28 am

We'll run a transition system ... We will basically be middle pack in Pace. Run when the opportunity is there and try to set up as quickly as we can in the half court and keep the ball moving ...
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#3 » by Kabookalu » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:54 am

If there's one thing I've learned in the past finals, having a big man that can get up and down the court maybe the most important part of a running team. We have two of them in Bosh and Bargs who are very athletic and can handle the ball themselves. I wouldn't say we should look into going Golden State, but we should look to run at every opportunity.
andreasleo
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#4 » by andreasleo » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:38 am

The only players that can't sprint like the wind are Rasho and Evans. EVERYONE else can run the floor very quickly...I don't expect the type of play Shawn Marion delivered or the Suns system, but I do expect a much faster offense.
balleramil
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#5 » by balleramil » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:29 am

turkoglu wont run just shoot 3s
Fran Vasquez
Rookie
And1: 95

Post#6 » by Fran Vasquez » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:13 am

being mobile doesnt equal running. Your bigs really mobile but thats about it, they are not great runners at all
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#7 » by Hendrix » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:14 am

What's all this talk about Rasho not running well?
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
Darkseid
Analyst
And1: 3,392

Post#8 » by Darkseid » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:45 am

THE WINNING SYSTEM F YEAH!

But yeah something like an above average pace.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#9 » by Kabookalu » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:59 am

Fran Vasquez wrote:being mobile doesnt equal running. Your bigs really mobile but thats about it, they are not great runners at all

:roll: When we traded for Marion, Bargnani was probably the second best fastbreak player we had.
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#10 » by Undefeated » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:59 am

Jack is a better fast-break PG than Calderon, but he’s still not that great IMO.
Like someone mentioned, you run when there’s an opportunity, but I expect this team to play more in the half-court set because that’s where our bread and butter will be and most of our players have experience in that system.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth

Return to Toronto Raptors