ImageImageImageImageImage

Daily Papers - September 30, 2009

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

appel
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Daily Papers - September 30, 2009 

Post#21 » by appel » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:01 pm

Sik_Wit_It wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBY1cbW7YLs

Marco can create.....

P&r at 0:34 was fantastic
Imagine with Bosh or DD
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Post#22 » by timdunkit » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:44 pm

YogiStewart wrote:I get the feeling that Marco will kind of be what we wanted from Roko but rarely got.
he will be crafty.
he can hit the 3.
he will be fun to watch.

but i think that, some nights, he will be a headache. all part of his growth.

I think Marco is going to be our Delfino except with more flair ... He has similar skillset, because he can do just about everything on the court and lacks consistency ... Marco though has the flash and flair ...
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#23 » by LittleOzzy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:46 pm

Thanks for the papers!
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,831

Post#24 » by lobosloboslobos » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:56 pm

supersub15 wrote:Toronto Star
Belinelli radiates passion

It occurs to me that having a really passionate skilled Italian on the team may be a huge boost emotionally for Bargs. Bellinelli will be cheering him on and pushing him to succeed as a countryman in ways that nobody else will be able to. Little slang phrases and references that will likely make Bargs really happy, just like it would anyone to have support from someone who is talented and shares your culture and language.

I'm thinking that maybe with Reggie pushing him to bang and Belli pushing him to let it all hang out in a way that he will relate to, not to mention 50 mil in the bank and a supportive coach, Bargs may really be able to get to a different place this year mentally. And since we all know he has the physical gifts (speed, height, bulk, beautiful stroke etc.) that may make all the difference in turning him into a legit star.

Hope so anyway.
dinosaur_dan
Pro Prospect
And1: 30

Post#25 » by dinosaur_dan » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:59 pm

Yay papers!!!! Thanks SS!

“Practice is practice, game is game,” he said. “You just go out there and hoop; you know the difference.”

Love this quote from Reggie. He seems like such a hard-ass. The new Oakley?
KingstonRaptors
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#26 » by KingstonRaptors » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:27 pm

YES! It's back baby. Thanks for the papers.
Credit to triplemke23 for the sig.
Scott Carefoot
Analyst
And1: 10

Post#27 » by Scott Carefoot » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:59 pm

Holly MacKenzie is up in Ottawa and she'll be posting her notes in our Court Surfing blog every day this week. Here's her latest post: http://my.thescore.com/courtsurfing/arc ... day-2.aspx

Holly MacKenzie wrote:Coach Jay Triano made it clear that nothing has been decided with respect to the starting line up and the expectation that DeMar DeRozan will get the nod. "We've got guys in here competing and I'm not going to give it to him. In an ideal world, I'd like to start him to give him minutes and let him grow as a player with the starting unit, but not at the expense of someone that outworks him here at training camp this preseason. It may be a position we jockey for a while until we find the right combination. He's picked things up well, but it's a different world to him compared to playing the university level."
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Post#28 » by YogiStewart » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:58 pm

Scott Carefoot wrote:Holly MacKenzie is up in Ottawa and she'll be posting her notes in our Court Surfing blog every day this week. Here's her latest post: http://my.thescore.com/courtsurfing/arc ... day-2.aspx

Holly MacKenzie wrote:Coach Jay Triano made it clear that nothing has been decided with respect to the starting line up and the expectation that DeMar DeRozan will get the nod. "We've got guys in here competing and I'm not going to give it to him. In an ideal world, I'd like to start him to give him minutes and let him grow as a player with the starting unit, but not at the expense of someone that outworks him here at training camp this preseason. It may be a position we jockey for a while until we find the right combination. He's picked things up well, but it's a different world to him compared to playing the university level."

i know we kind of talked about it before, and i apologize if i forget, but this Holly Mackenzie...not sure what to think of her or how she's regarded.
part of me thinks that she's just a (slightly) glorified blogger and nothing more.
i also admit that i don't watch the Score much, so i don't know how integral she is to the Score.

can you shed some light on her and where you rank her in the Toronto basketball media rankings?
ghuytro
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#29 » by ghuytro » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:42 pm

Reignman wrote:It's really hard not to be optimistic during training camp isn't it? LOL, the homer in me always comes out at this time of year......and then the season happens. Hopefully all these good "vibes" translate on the court this year.

BTW, thanks Sub!

You gotta just enjoy it for what it is.

It's like when you start going out with a new girl. It's fun and she seems perfect and flawless in the beginning even though you know that a few months down the line things might not be so rosy (or maybe they will).

But that shouldn't stop you from enjoying the initial glow though!
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,831

Post#30 » by lobosloboslobos » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:55 pm

YogiStewart wrote:
Scott Carefoot wrote:Holly MacKenzie is up in Ottawa and she'll be posting her notes in our Court Surfing blog every day this week. Here's her latest post: http://my.thescore.com/courtsurfing/arc ... day-2.aspx

i know we kind of talked about it before, and i apologize if i forget, but this Holly Mackenzie...not sure what to think of her or how she's regarded.
part of me thinks that she's just a (slightly) glorified blogger and nothing more.
i also admit that i don't watch the Score much, so i don't know how integral she is to the Score.

can you shed some light on her and where you rank her in the Toronto basketball media rankings?

Hey Yogi,

who do you have in your toronto basketball media rankings? :roll:

I have people divided into a few camps:

a) former players who really understand the game from the inside and tell us about it in their writings/appearances. Members: 0

b) people who have up-close access to the players and have some insider insight into the team, whether it be tactical or interpersonal: from what i saw of Holly's post, she qualifies.

c) people who have up-close access to the players but don't have any real insight into the team beyond that of a knowledgeable fan: Doug Smith qualifies for this one in my opinion. So do most media personalities and bball journalists in Toronto.

c) everybody else, including many bloggers and RealGMers, who share their outsider's insights online, including some who really know their stuff and who offer much better analysis from the outside than the media folks who are on the inside.

As for shedding light on Holly why don't you just ask her?
Scott Carefoot
Analyst
And1: 10

Post#31 » by Scott Carefoot » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:57 pm

YogiStewart wrote:i know we kind of talked about it before, and i apologize if i forget, but this Holly Mackenzie...not sure what to think of her or how she's regarded.

Well, I helped get her hired at The Score and I advise her and edit some of her work, so I can't really give an unbiased opinion on this. I can assure you, however, that she is extremely well-regarded within sports media. "Rising star" is an understatement. Her style isn't for everybody, but you can say that about anyone.

She's definitely more than a "glorified blogger". She wrote a bunch of features (as well as their daily "Post Up" blog) for SLAM before The Score hired her. She knows hoops and she is more passionate about the subject than anyone I've ever met.
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Post#32 » by timdunkit » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:12 pm

Scott Carefoot wrote:
YogiStewart wrote:i know we kind of talked about it before, and i apologize if i forget, but this Holly Mackenzie...not sure what to think of her or how she's regarded.

Well, I helped get her hired at The Score and I advise her and edit some of her work, so I can't really give an unbiased opinion on this. I can assure you, however, that she is extremely well-regarded within sports media. "Rising star" is an understatement. Her style isn't for everybody, but you can say that about anyone.

She's definitely more than a "glorified blogger". She wrote a bunch of features (as well as their daily "Post Up" blog) for SLAM before The Score hired her. She knows hoops and she is more passionate about the subject than anyone I've ever met.

I can see why you helped her get hired :roll: :roll: :roll: ... jks jks :p
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#33 » by zilby » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:20 pm

thanks SS, and nice girl ;)

so how many days till a televised raptors game?
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#34 » by Nolan » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:08 pm

Thanks for the papers SS.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,501
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#35 » by SharoneWright » Thu Oct 1, 2009 2:04 am

Thanks for the papers!
Is anybody here a marine biologist?

Return to Toronto Raptors